LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

Alright, new beta is out guys that supports platform categories (groups) in LaunchBox only (so far):

LaunchBox-Platform-Categories.pngIn theory, any recognized platforms should automatically have these new categories attached once the new beta is loaded up. You can customize the categories to be whatever you want by editing the platforms under Tools > Manage Platforms. You'll have to select "Platform Category" from the drop down on the top of the side bar to pull them up.

I would say this is a start to the interface for nested filters in LaunchBox as well. It's a ways off, but in theory eventually we'll be able to use the same style of interface to filter by both Platform and Genre (for example), or even Platform Manufacture and Platform.

I also cleaned up navigating with the keyboard or a controller in the sidebar to be a lot smoother so that it doesn't immediately try and repopulate every time you move to a new selection. Let me know how it's working for you guys.

Now we just need to figure out how to do this in Big Box as well...

A-W-E-S-O-M-E!, nice work!, an anticipated christmas gift? For me, most wanted feature, Thanks Launchbox Team!!

Enviado desde mTalk
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, bundangdon said:

I definitely like the "Platform Category" option. What would be great is, if there was a way to edit or add more categories since there's only 4 available at the moment :)

There is a way to edit them, just type what you want into the category field and it will create that new category:

ffvd.png

• Like 2

@CriticalCid @Maddoc1007 Just put out a new beta that should hopefully fix that Visual Studio issue. Thanks for bearing with me on that one.

Also, Cid, good to know about LaunchBox; I haven't implemented the new music features for LaunchBox yet but that is planned.

Makes sense about the categories in Big Box; I think I'm in agreement with you there Cid as well.

• Like 2

@spycat I will look into that sorting issue with the categories.

@Lmagnus87 Probably not worth adding that functionality into LaunchBox. That's more of an issue with your router configuration.

19 hours ago, salyangel said:

Is it possible to return to the last wheel game for the wheel?

We always back on the first game

@salyangel Where are you seeing it not return back to the right place in the wheel?

@bundangdon You can add as many categories as you want; just edit them for each of the platforms using Tools > Manage Platforms.

18 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

@popy Wow, didn't expect you to jump on that straight away, but yeah, that'll be a good experience for you. :)

Mee too :D:D but amazon refunds also after 1 month, so why not B|
I had liked the bluetooth gamepads, because they was cheap and had an built in lion battery.

If you like, i can post an link, so you can order and test one.

pOpY

@Jason Carr Coverflow in visualstudio seems to be good now only tried for a few minutes as just downloaded new update now the only thing i need is for the non background videos in the 5 platform views to align bottom and centre vertically for the new theme i'm working on (no need in the games views as all videos are 4.3 aspect ratio), something completely different.  So KUDOS to you Jason yet again.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, salyangel said:

Go to SNES games et select Super Mario World 

Exit 

Go to Megadrive and go to my last game playing

Exit 

Go to SNES and find the last wheel "Super Mario World'

I was hoping for this change too!!!  Right now when I'm in BigBox at the Platform selection screen and I choose something like the "Arcade" Platform, it always takes me to the beginning of the list alphabetically (which in my case is "1942").  Let's say I scroll down and play something like "Pac-Man".  When I exit the game, it takes me back to the game selection screen and "Pac-Man" is still highlighted.  But if I exit back to the Platform selection screen and then choose the "Arcade" Platform again, it takes me way back to the beginning of the list (back to "1942").

So, it would be nice if when you exited a Platform, it would remember which game you had highlighted.  That way when you select the same Platform again later, it would take you right back where you were the last time you were in that Platform.

• Like 1

Hi @Jason Carr

Just an update on the LaunchBox original Platform view not displaying in alphabetical order since the introduction of the Platform Category feature.
As I mentioned earlier, using the old Platform view shows the platforms in correct order with game counts off but all jumbled up when game counts are on.
But if you disable the All, None and Exists check boxes, then the platforms sort ok with game counts enabled.

• Like 1

Hello Jason!
Im having an issue since last beta, some games are crossing over platforms.  For example, a couple Naomi games appeared on my Arcade list and when removed from here it actually disappear from both platforms.  Adding the files back to Naomi brought them back to Arcade too :/ 

Thank you in advance and congratulations on such a great front-end and awesome work!

20 hours ago, Elber said:

Hello Jason!
Im having an issue since last beta, some games are crossing over platforms.  For example, a couple Naomi games appeared on my Arcade list and when removed from here it actually disappear from both platforms.  Adding the files back to Naomi brought them back to Arcade too :/ 

Thank you in advance and congratulations on such a great front-end and awesome work!

Still the same.....
Actually it is the Arcade Platform that is showing other platforms like Naomi, Atomiswave and others.  Weird thing is that on the Manage Platforms options the numbers are correct.  Any ideas?

Thank you guys; all noted. I understand the "remembering the last game" request now.

@spycat I am aware of that issue but unfortunately I haven't fixed it yet. It's on my list.

@Elber Thank you; I believe that issue is specific to Arcade. It's happening because of having both a platform category and a platform itself that is called Arcade. I'll take a look at that soon.

@paulmichel21 Can you explain that?

New beta is out guys that fixes a bunch of bugs:

- Fixed a major performance issue in LaunchBox when arranging by certain fields (anything that duplicates games in the list was causing the slowdown; was originated with the XML split)

- Fixed a bug that was pausing the videos when prioritizing music over video audio

- Fixed an error that occurred if background music was enabled but the LaunchBox\Music\Background folder did not exist

- Fixed a VLC-related null reference error (somewhat widespread due to the new music features)

- Background music folder now parses recursively all nested folders

Hopefully some good steps in the right direction. Still some bugs to fix, but we'll get there. Let me know if you guys are still seeing any video or music issues with this beta. :)

• Like 4