LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

@Jason Carr, just had a crash while importing the NES roms, I switched to another platform and change the Image view to list view, then got this  message:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    LaunchBox.exe
  Application Version:    6.12.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    580665ee
  Fault Module Name:    ntdll.dll
  Fault Module Version:    6.1.7601.23539
  Fault Module Timestamp:    57c99b8f
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    000000000004f524
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    f15b
  Additional Information 2:    f15b4f71c73c290339f8cf4d954d9979
  Additional Information 3:    09d1
  Additional Information 4:    09d10f797ce73ae4ac2e945bc98ff5db

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Edited by Justified

@Jason Carr, I was manually deleting NDS games from my LB collection, by filtering games by keyword, manually selecting games, and then it crashed. Not sure if the database for the NDS got corrupted somehow, because as soon as I tried to repeat those steps it happens again. Seems like it could be something related whit the combination of filtering games, multi-select them (control+ left click), and scrolling the search results.......

Problem signature:
  Additional Information 1:    f17b
  Additional Information 2:    f17b13d56f4631a20b8ade833c7af499
  Additional Information 3:    1db0
  Additional Information 4:    1db065560266d0b3801e9774fc1394f7

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

====================================================

Added a couple more crash reports, it seems the module number is the same, but this time I was just scrolling the collection....

Problem signature:
  Additional Information 1:    cf7c
  Additional Information 2:    cf7c3c36069283db1da09d1a6d1850da
  Additional Information 3:    4217
  Additional Information 4:    4217aca87c0f62825ddaae5520a38aa9

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem signature:
  Exception Offset:    000000000006e44b
  Additional Information 1:    9d4a
  Additional Information 2:    9d4ade2d9f64c5b7bc4d2a85a3b924d6
  Additional Information 3:    66c8
  Additional Information 4:    66c800aad947f2612f668fe2e2f3edf5

the missing OPENGL32.dll  message also started appearing. I have not changed, removed or installed anything in my PC, before o after these crashes started.

2016-10-27_172553.jpg

Edited by Justified

Sorry for the delay here guys; I've had some business responsibilities to take care of this week (ugh, I hate business crap). Development is going well on the auto-ROM folder parsing and the built-in PDF stuff, but sadly it's not ready for a beta just yet. I'm still hoping to have one for you guys late tomorrow, but I can't promise that at this point.

I haven't looked at the bugs here yet either, but I'll be taking a look at those soon. :) 

• Like 1

On 28.10.2016 at 2:00 AM, Jason Carr said:

Sorry for the delay here guys; I've had some business responsibilities to take care of this week (ugh, I hate business crap). Development is going well on the auto-ROM folder parsing and the built-in PDF stuff, but sadly it's not ready for a beta just yet. I'm still hoping to have one for you guys late tomorrow, but I can't promise that at this point.

I haven't looked at the bugs here yet either, but I'll be taking a look at those soon. :) 

thx jason, hopping you can fix the BT gamepad is too sensitive issue.

pOpY

17 minutes ago, drtechnolust said:

Is the beta testing closed? I've selected the option to receive beta updates via LaunchBox, restarted the application several times and still I have no updates available. I'm on version 6.12 at the moment. 

Because currently that is the only version available. There hasn't been a 7.0 beta released quite yet. Jason has stated that later this week there might be a beta out for everyone. So when there is one, just restart LaunchBox and it will pick up on the new release.

@Jason Carr Hi Jason just a quick question when the next beta is available for download will the James Baker videos be included with the beta. The reason i ask is that your last video James baker joins the LaunchBox team YouTube, you state they will be available with the beta.  Now the question is, if that is so, will there be an option not to download the videos?  My reason for this is that i have all videos for my platforms that i want and would rather not download them with the beta as sometimes it can take in excess of 10 to 15 minutes for the betas to download here in Ireland and would rather have the option to download directly from the site if i wanted them.  No disrespect is meant or applied to the creators of Platform Videos as i think they all do a fantastic job and their work is of a high calibre, but i would rather they not be part of LaunchBox software download for the reason i stated slow download speeds.

@Jason Carr - hi - following on from my suggestion regarding "per-system" settings in the live stream yesterday I have given the item more thought. Rather than a long and exhausting post I have instead created a (long and exhausting) proposal. It's obviously just a draft for consideration, but would be interested to get both your thoughts and members of the community.
I thing that the concept would encompass other suggestions such as @jadekitten's comments re storing colours, and a similar concept could be used to manage the requests of other users for "per-theme" settings.

Thought I'm float the idea first before submitting as a feature request. Look forward to peoples' thoughts!

LB Per system settings.pdf

Hey guys, I've finally posted 7.0-beta-1. This release still does not have the auto ROM folder parsing stuff nor does it have the PDF stuff in Big Box. Those features are not yet complete so they have been disabled for this beta. What it does have is downloads for the new platform themes videos. There's a new Tools > Download Platform Theme Videos option in LaunchBox and the Download Metadata and Import wizards have been tweaked to allow downloading them as well. In addition, themes can now include custom platform videos that will override the videos in the user's collection.

I apologize, but I have not read through the remainder of this thread yet. It's almost 2:00 AM now and I'm pretty exhausted, so I'll get back to the thread here tomorrow hopefully. See you guys in the live stream tomorrow morning. :)

• Like 5

@Jason Carr. Will there be a list somewhere of what videos are available? The reason I ask is I downloaded all the videos, but had a lot of holes that I have filled with nyny videos for the time being. It seems though the only way to check for new videos is to scan for missing, or re-download all Videos, but because I have nyny videos in there at the moment launchbox will assume I already have videos for those platforms so skip them. So if there was a list, I would no what was new and could remove the nyny video I have in the folder first then do a new scan for videos to pick up the new video. Hope that makes sense? :)

Cheers, Neil.