LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

Hello everyone,

I posted this question under the wrong thread and was advised to come here to see if I could get some help. Well, here I go:

Is there a repository to download Baker's platform intro videos or will there be one? I am using the option in Launchbox and it downloads them but I am having some issues. I see on his forum post that there are 2 SNES videos (one with the North American console and one with the Super Famicom console). I want the video with the North American SNES but when I download the video, its the one the the Super Famicom in it. Also, I see on his same forum post that there are other platform videos created but they haven't downloaded for me. One example is the TurboGrafx-16. Nothing downloads for that platform. I changed the name in Launchbox to NEC TurboGrafx-16 thinking it may download it under that name but no luck. I understand that this feature is still very new. I guess I just want to know if I am doing anything wrong or I just need to wait a little longer until all of the kinks get worked out. 

Thanks in advance!

On 5.11.2016 at 3:26 AM, bundangdon said:

Great work with the latest beta! I really like the "Wheel Minimum Speed" view option (and thank you for fulfilling this request too!) This also helps a lot with some of the more media-heavy themes and makes things move along much more smoothly :)

Does this mean the scrolling issue with my bluetooth gamepad is fixed in this beta?

Another questione, how can i'll get the beta?

@Jason Carr ?

Edited by popy

13 hours ago, cormegaman said:

Hello everyone,

I posted this question under the wrong thread and was advised to come here to see if I could get some help. Well, here I go:

Is there a repository to download Baker's platform intro videos or will there be one? I am using the option in Launchbox and it downloads them but I am having some issues. I see on his forum post that there are 2 SNES videos (one with the North American console and one with the Super Famicom console). I want the video with the North American SNES but when I download the video, its the one the the Super Famicom in it. Also, I see on his same forum post that there are other platform videos created but they haven't downloaded for me. One example is the TurboGrafx-16. Nothing downloads for that platform. I changed the name in Launchbox to NEC TurboGrafx-16 thinking it may download it under that name but no luck. I understand that this feature is still very new. I guess I just want to know if I am doing anything wrong or I just need to wait a little longer until all of the kinks get worked out. 

Thanks in advance!

Yeah I have the same problem so it's not just you. Snes downloads as super famicom for me, but I'm in England so actually want that console design bust snes branded. Also again cause I'm in England I want sega megadrive not sega genesis, my platform is named sega megadrive, launchbox says its downloading megadrive video, but I end up with the genesis one. Also I have the turbografx problem as well, I have tried NEC TurboGrafx 16, Nec TurboGrafx-16, TurboGrafx 16, and TurboGrafx-16 and it has never downloaded for me. I am using all default launchbox system names except megadrive which I scraped as genesis then renamed. I did mention about having a list to @Jason Carr on one of the live streams so we could cross reference what we have with what is available but I don't think he has posted one anywhere, he did say in the stream though that there is a turbografx video. So I have no idea how that is named on the server.

Sorry I could not help you, but just wanted to say that you are not alone with this issue.

System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'I:\LaunchBox\LaunchBox\Themes\Documentation.pdf' because it is being used by another process.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.File.InternalWriteAllBytes(String path, Byte[] bytes, Boolean checkHost)

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.App..ctor()

at ()

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.App.Main()

Share violation if Documentation.pdf is open and you launch Big Box at the same time. 

@Jason Carr, I'm sure curious about how you envision the auto rom parsing feature to work, especially for a brand new setup. 

For example, would the recommended way to dump 10k worth of games into a new LB install of game folders, be to copy this massive amount of files while LB is closed and then when you launch LB, it will go to work silently for a long time on that? Or copy the files all in when LB is already open?

And especially for MAME, how will LB deal with MAME quirks? Like, people will probably just dump in their whole rom pack set, but sure won't want certain types of games or duplicates or many other filtering they would normally go through in a manual import. 

And what about games images, screenshots, clear logos, videos, etc. Will it grab/download EVERYTHING or just get the basics? Will it just try to get things for games that have nothing (in case you copied in your media was well as games beforehand)?

Will LB be doing all this work in the background and the user will never get prompted for anything?

I'm asking because I'm thinking about doing a brand new setup on another computer and want to know if I really will be able to use this new feature or if it will just be better for me to import everything manually with full control without using this feature. It would sure be cool to just copy the game files, but I am afraid the end result will not be what I want?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi @Jason Carr

I've noticed a game video problem in BigBox.

Reproducing the error:
1. I go into the Game Details View on any game. (Result: The game video starts playing)
2. I press "Stop Video" (Result: The video pauses and the link switches to "Play Video")
3. I press "Play Video" (Result: The video is still paused and the link switches to "Stop Video")
4. I press "Stop Video" multiple times (Result: Nothing happens, the video is still paused)

Expected behavior:
That the video playback continues (or restarts) at step 3

Other details:
LB Version: 7.0 beta 4
Video Playback Engine: VLC
Theme: CriticalZone 1.2 (I get the same behavior using the "Default" theme)

Let me know if you need more information to reproduce the error.

i have problem when with bigbox when videos start playing... the interface stop resoponding for a while because all resources of the PC are used to start the video playback... we need an option to set the time before game video start playing... also would be nice if you can add "Media Player Home Cinema" to use an alternative video player (Like VLC), good job with the gamepad issue! keep going

@Maddoc1007 I'm a bit puzzled on that issue still as I can't seem to replicate it, even with the files you sent me. Everything works properly for me in Visual Studio with those themes. Maybe make sure you're editing the themes from inside the LaunchBox Themes folder? Visual Studio does need the EXE and DLL files from LaunchBox itself to be in place for it to work properly.

@cormegaman I fixed a couple of the videos that had the wrong names on the server, so that should resolve TurboGrafx. I also swapped out the Super Nintendo one for the US version. We do indeed need a way to list the available videos and allow you to choose between them; I'm not quite sure what we're going to do there yet.

@sagaopc Screenshots from Steam is a good idea, though probably not a high priority. We should put in a ticket for it though for sure.

@popy I don't think anything we've just released would fix any issues with Bluetooth gamepads.

@drtechnolust I am aware of that Documentation.pdf issue but it keeps slipping on me. I'll get to it here before 7.0.

@ckp A lot of that is still up in the air. The automatic stuff will not download any images or media; you'll be left to do that manually with the Download Metadata wizard. To be honest, a lot of that is still in the discovery stage, so we'll work through those issues as we go.

@billyc999 Thanks for the ticket on the dual disc syntax stuff. There are a ton of various syntaxes and we've covered most of them but there's always more.

@Norfair I was able to replicate that issue and I think I have it fixed for the next beta (though I added a bunch more complicated stuff so it could use some more testing). :)

@WolfRamiO I've seen some weird stuff with that too, with it for some reason taking an oddly long amount of time for the first videos to load, but only sometimes. I have that on my plate. We won't be adding any more video player options any time soon, as it's a major undertaking and two should be enough for now.

Alright, new beta is out guys. I've put a lot of work into music-related stuff for Big Box in the last couple of days. There's now support for background music, full soundtracks, moving between tracks, and even an on-screen-display for the music tracks. Here's the full change log:

- New Premium Feature: Background music is now supported in Big Box; simply place any background music tracks into the LaunchBox\Music\Background folder and enable it in the Big Box Sound options

- New Premium Feature: Full soundtracks are now supported for games via m3u playlists in Big Box. Simply put the m3u playlist file into the music track field; you can switch between tracks using new keyboard mapping and controller button mapping options for Next Track and Previous Track.

- New Premium Feature: Big Box now has an On Screen Display for music tracks

- New Premium Feature: Big Box now has an option to prioritize music tracks over video audio; it's available in the Big Box Sound options

- Fixed: The Big Box Fade transition wasn't always properly fading in and out when fading to empty content

There are a bunch more options on the Sound page in Big Box to enable all this stuff. Keep in mind that you'll probably want to set the video volume to 0 if you enable background music. Let me know how it all goes. :)

• Like 2