LaunchBox Community Forums

On 7.1.2017 at 9:16 AM, CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT said:

@CriticalCid Is it possible to get artwork or video to display in the Game Details? I have a screenshot for the area I mean attached. I've tried tinkering in the Options, but so far, there is only the black background. Would be nice to have artwork for the game as the wallpaper! :)

Untitled.png

You can do this by changing the image priorities for the background in LaunchBox :)

@AeronNL @Machello 

Unfortunately is BigBox already quite resource hungry compared to other FE’s and my theme adds 2 1080p videos which are getting played simultaneously on top of that.

I can say that it’s also very sluggish on my older Notebook with an Intel i5-2520M @ 2,5Ghz, a Nvidia GT 555M, 8GB RAM and running on a SSD.

The only thing to improve the performance would probably be to get rid off of the whole background video and replace it either with the default backgrounds or a custom static image.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CriticalCid said:

You can do this by changing the image priorities for the background in LaunchBox :)

@AeronNL @Machello 

Unfortunately is BigBox already quite resource hungry compared to other FE’s and my theme adds 2 1080p videos which are getting played simultaneously on top of that.

I can say that it’s also very sluggish on my older Notebook with an Intel i5-2520M @ 2,5Ghz, a Nvidia GT 555M, 8GB RAM and running on a SSD.

The only thing to improve the performance would probably be to get rid off of the whole background video and replace it either with the default backgrounds or a custom static image.

Bummer. Have to go look for a nice static image and try that. I have noticed with the CriticalZone theme that when I just delete the background.mp4 it is created when i launch big box :-). Will let you know if a static image will improve performance.

1 hour ago, CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT said:

@CriticalCid Nice! I always forget about changing settings in LB for BB. Hadn't tried that yet, so thank you!

This is a GREAT tip, LoL !!! Tried everything in BB to change the game background (no succes), also didn't realise this could be changed in LB. 

Thanks!

Edited by Machello

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Napalm2016 said:

Hi Cid

Great theme probably one of my favourites works nicely on my machine the only issue Im having is some of the text is cut off at them bottom on one of the views is this normal?

It seems you're not using the same typeface for the title, which probably has a bigger leading than the one provided, thus extending the other typeface downwards and cutting it off. The typefaces are linked at the beginning, for ease of download.

Yes, this would be the issue. Your resolution is simply too small to keep the correct proportions for the theme but you can fix this by manually tweaking the font sizes in the theme code yourself.

1. Go into the theme folder of your LaunchBox installation.
2. Make a copy of the “CriticalZone” folder.
3. Open the copied folder and go to the “Views” folder
4. Open the “Wheel2GamesView.xaml” file with a text editor of your choice (I recommend Notepad++)
5. Go to line 72 and search for FontSize="28". Reduce the value of the FontSize a little.
6. Go to line 83 and to the same with the FontSize in this one.
7. Save the file.
8. Open BigBox and change the theme in the options to your newly copied one. You may have to test out a few font sizes until you have found the best one for you.

I hope that helps you. If you got any questions about that, feel free to ask :)

I spent almost the complete day on working on two complete new views for CriticalZone. An updated version of my theme will probably be released sometime next week and include those new views. In the meantime I just drop some preview screenshots here for you, tell me what you think :)

Horizontal Weel View 2:

HorizontalWheelView2-1.jpgHorizontalWheelView2-2.jpgHorizontalWheelView2-3.jpg

Horizontal Weel View 3 (fans of minimal desgin will hate it:P):

HorizontalWheelView3-1.jpgHorizontalWheelView3-2.jpg

• Like 3