LaunchBox Community Forums

9.2-beta-2 Released

Jason Carr

6 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

I still haven't been able to replicate this and I don't believe I've heard about it anywhere else either, so I'm kind of lost with it. Can you maybe record a video of it happening?

I'll see what I can do as far as a video capture. I think someone else on here was stating something similar though the other day

@Jason Carr, I Recorded with GameBar which for some reason wouldn't show what I Right-Clicked, but what happened was I Edited a Mahjong game's Genre and then hit Random a few times to where it eventually bounced me back to that same Mahjong game

Edited by RULLUR
File didn't go through

15 hours ago, RULLUR said:

@Jason Carr, I Recorded with GameBar which for some reason wouldn't show what I Right-Clicked, but what happened was I Edited a Mahjong game's Genre and then hit Random a few times to where it eventually bounced me back to that same Mahjong game

I have this exact same issue when editing platforms, categories, and playlists. If I edit one and then try to edit another too soon, it will bounce back to the first item I edited. This often causes me to accidentally edit the first item again. I assume it's because I have a ton of playlists and categories (I went a little nuts with the new nesting and playlist features lol), and my PC takes a second to save the changes. Once it's saved the changes it goes back to that original item. This didn't happen when I didn't have a ton of playlists and categories, so I assume my PC is just unable to keep up. It's a minor annoyance, but not one I can blame on LB, but more my PC.

• Like 1

@Omen Thank you for that explanation, and thanks for the videos guys. That does make sense. I think the problem is just that LaunchBox is multithreaded and it allows you to do stuff in the interface while it's still working in the background. I'll see if there's something I can do about that. It's a non-issue if your collection/hardware are handling things quickly, but I can see how it would be a problem otherwise.

• Thanks 1

I AM also experiencing the same problem. After editing and moving to another selection, Launchbox reverts focus right back to the last thing I did. Happens very often! I have a pretty decent system (i500) and 16 g of ram. Also not running anything else that could be taxing  the CPU at the time.

• Like 1

With me I have LaunchBox always running when my Laptop is on because I go back and forth between everything else I do at just i3 with 8gb of RAM. I'm just glad @Jason Carr is gonna try work on this though. I also have times where I go to Edit and then select a Series to where it kinda freezes up so much that I can't even switch to anything else outside of LaunchBox as I wait for it to move again after I hit "Ok". Then there are times where I have it stretch and buffer after something gets Edited too. I have seen that happen in either ETA Prime or SentaiBrad's videos too, but I guess since mine has such low Specs and so many games that mine takes way longer when it buffers and stretches? All I know is I hope we can eventually have it where things like that can run smoothly within LaunchBox without slowdowns and other things like this so like when we have people over, they don't complain or anything else when it comes to that. When I have people over to play, I wanna blow their minds to where they too wanna get LaunchBox and/or BigBox afterwards.

Edited by RULLUR

Beta 6 is out now with the following:

• New Feature: A new "Export/Copy ROM Files from Selected Games to New Folder" option is now available under the Tools menu in LaunchBox. This is helpful, for example, if you wanted to export a particular genre playlist of ROM files to an EverDrive or similar.

• Improvement: When LaunchBox is repopulating games or populating different games, the games lists will now fade out and disallow selecting a different game. This should both serve as a visual cue that LaunchBox is processing and also help to prevent selection confusion/misselections. @RULLUR @Mr.Laor @Omen

• Game-specific startup screen settings are now available under the Startup tab of the Edit Game window

• Default startup screen settings are now available for a handful of emulators. Existing settings will not be overwritten; default settings will only be applied when adding a new emulator or upgrading to a 9.2 beta or the official release for the first time.

Sans for any potential bugs/issues, or issues with particular emulators (I have a few on my list that I need to play with), this completes my vision for the initial round of startup and shutdown screens. Depending on how testing and translations go, I'm hoping to put out the official release before the end of the week. :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Beta 6 is out now with the following:

• New Feature: A new "Export/Copy ROM Files from Selected Games to New Folder" option is now available under the Tools menu in LaunchBox. This is helpful, for example, if you wanted to export a particular genre playlist of ROM files to an EverDrive or similar.

• Improvement: When LaunchBox is repopulating games or populating different games, the games lists will now fade out and disallow selecting a different game. This should both serve as a visual cue that LaunchBox is processing and also help to prevent selection confusion/misselections. @RULLUR @Mr.Laor @Omen

• Game-specific startup screen settings are now available under the Startup tab of the Edit Game window

• Default startup screen settings are now available for a handful of emulators. Existing settings will not be overwritten; default settings will only be applied when adding a new emulator or upgrading to a 9.2 beta or the official release for the first time.

Sans for any potential bugs/issues, or issues with particular emulators (I have a few on my list that I need to play with), this completes my vision for the initial round of startup and shutdown screens. Depending on how testing and translations go, I'm hoping to put out the official release before the end of the week. :)

Sounds great Jason! Does the new Export/Copy Rom files function also mean we could extract roms from a mame set based on selection of .cpp like Naomi for example so we can separate roms to different platforms/emulators? That would be really awesome! \m/

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Sounds great Jason! Does the new Export/Copy Rom files function also mean we could extract roms from a mame set based on selection of .cpp like Naomi for example so we can separate roms to different platforms/emulators? That would be really awesome! \m/

Unfortunately no; that's a completely separate thing.

• Like 1

In the recent Beta, I'm experiencing a small inconvenience. Dolphin runs flawlessly, gets through the startup screen, and exits to BigBox fine, except that the front-end doesn't come into focus. and I have to click my mouse to do so. It's rather odd.

EDIT: I have only tried this with Dolphin I currently have no other emulators set up due to technical difficulties. 

UPDATE: Nevermind, the issue lays not with the Update but with the theme Blade Runner. It also works as intended, keep up the greatwork! This update made me ditch Rlaucher once and for all. Only thing missing now is Bezels for more than just mame or RocketLauncher. But I can wait, another Quality product by a quality team. You guys ROCK!

Edited by thedyingteddy
  • Like 1

Major Thank You to @Jason Carr on fixing that issue with all the bouncing. Everything seems to be going quite smoothly when things are Edited now. I'm still having issues with my Super Nintendo stuff which still slows down when I go to that section of LaunchBox, or even if you have a Category set and land on that 1 SNES game it would take such a while to load the details and everything. Not sure what seems to be the problem with that because it's maybe only the 2nd largest collection I have while my biggest collection is C-64, and that section doesn't take forever to load the details on for some odd reason.

18 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

Major Thank You to @Jason Carr on fixing that issue with all the bouncing. Everything seems to be going quite smoothly when things are Edited now. I'm still having issues with my Super Nintendo stuff which still slows down when I go to that section of LaunchBox, or even if you have a Category set and land on that 1 SNES game it would take such a while to load the details and everything. Not sure what seems to be the problem with that because it's maybe only the 2nd largest collection I have while my biggest collection is C-64, and that section doesn't take forever to load the details on for some odd reason.

Not quite sure what could be causing that slowdown, but the first thing to try is to see if it's media-related. You can make a copy of your LaunchBox install without games and media, and see if it's quick that way.

16 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

New Feature: A new "Export/Copy ROM Files from Selected Games to New Folder" option is now available under the Tools menu in LaunchBox. This is helpful, for example, if you wanted to export a particular genre playlist of ROM files to an EverDrive or similar.

AWESOME!!!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, deliyuerek85 said:

@Jason CarrCould you add an option to deactivate startup an shutdown screens for additional applications?

We might be able to add this in at some point, but unfortunately it won't make the next release. I thought about that during development, but I think the use case of it is just too rare to focus on it for the time being.

9 minutes ago, e2zippo said:

Startup Screens look awesome, wow! However, I can't seem to get any fan art to load on them? I've tried the two available themes, using this one now 

Any ideas why my fan art isn't showing? Because I do have fan art for most of my games.

Check your Big Box Background Fade setting; it might be set to 100%.

2 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

We might be able to add this in at some point, but unfortunately it won't make the next release. I thought about that during development, but I think the use case of it is just too rare to focus on it for the time being.

Check your Big Box Background Fade setting; it might be set to 100%.

Haven't tried from BB, only from Launchbox, it's not the same?