LaunchBox Community Forums

10.15-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

Hey all, the first 10.15 beta is out now with the following:

• New Feature: An import process for Uplay has been added under Tools > Import > Uplay Games, again working similarly to the latest Steam, GOG, and Epic import processes.

• Improvement: The Big Box MAME high scores popup should now do a better job of displaying all of the information on screens with smaller resolutions

• Fixed: Introduced in 10.14, some interface elements were using the system's default language instead of the language defined in the Options

• Fixed: Rare threading error that could pop up when submitting MAME high scores

• Fixed: For some reason, Microsoft's DirectInput library fails to load up properly when starting immediately on Windows startup on some systems; we've added a workaround to hopefully prevent crashes in this case

• Fixed: The Chromium Embedded Framework is apparently refusing to shut down in some cases, which has been causing Big Box to not exit properly on occasion. We're now killing it in that case, which should fix any related Big Box shut down issues.

• Like 10
  • Game On 1

31 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

• Fixed: The Chromium Embedded Framework is apparently refusing to shut down in some cases, which has been causing Big Box to not exit properly on occasion. We're now killing it in that case, which should fix any related Big Box shut down issues.

I can confirm that so far I can no longer reproduce the issue where the BigBox process would remain running after playing around with themes, that used to cause the issue :)

Edited by CDBlue
typos
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

My Wife @Haydee would be so happy to hear of that one. She's a huge fan of The Sims series

I sure would!!! Orgin not YET being in Launchbox has made me hesitant to use it more frequently. This would be an awesome addition. And being able to play my other faves like Plants vs Zombies would rock! Keep up the great work though guys!

• Like 1

Thanks Jason!!! the hiscores now look way better on lower resolutions, the tabs are kind of hidden in the upper part, but I suppose it's because of my configuration (768 width x 800 height).

This is a great fix for vertical configurations!!!684214628_WhatsAppImage2020-04-28at17_37_54.thumb.jpeg.8c8f4034f664a14dbfa8478e129b85c0.jpegc9868f4f-14e7-427f-b608-3b8849de436b.thumb.jpg.b177ff103452174cf013b6054eafc7c6.jpg

Edited by exodus_cl
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Haydee said:

I sure would!!! Orgin not YET being in Launchbox has made me hesitant to use it more frequently. This would be an awesome addition. And being able to play my other faves like Plants vs Zombies would rock! Keep up the great work though guys!

You could always import the games manually and set the destination path to game.exe (or alternatively origin.exe if the game isn't installed).

That's what I'm doing anyway.

any way to disable the "whats new in this version" welcome screen you get upon updating?   Disabling for "this version" is adequate if your not on beta releases, but with the frequency of beta releases id love to be able to simple do away with it.  I come here when theres an update if i want to know what changed ^

6 minutes ago, klepp0906 said:

any way to disable the "whats new in this version" welcome screen you get upon updating?   Disabling for "this version" is adequate if your not on beta releases, but with the frequency of beta releases id love to be able to simple do away with it.  I come here when theres an update if i want to know what changed ^

Not everyone does though...

20 hours ago, exodus_cl said:

Thanks Jason!!! the hiscores now look way better on lower resolutions, the tabs are kind of hidden in the upper part, but I suppose it's because of my configuration (768 width x 800 height).

This is a great fix for vertical configurations!!!684214628_WhatsAppImage2020-04-28at17_37_54.thumb.jpeg.8c8f4034f664a14dbfa8478e129b85c0.jpegc9868f4f-14e7-427f-b608-3b8849de436b.thumb.jpg.b177ff103452174cf013b6054eafc7c6.jpg

Hmm, I'm confused why the top and bottom would be cut off. Is part of the screen buried in the cabinet?

16 minutes ago, klepp0906 said:

Unfortunately no. For beta releases, it's important to note that they're betas, so that's one thing that I unfortunately can't change.

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

Hmm, I'm confused why the top and bottom would be cut off. Is part of the screen buried in the cabinet?

Unfortunately no. For beta releases, it's important to note that they're betas, so that's one thing that I unfortunately can't change.

Hmm. its not that big of a deal.  Honestly i didnt even realize they indicated they "were" beta releases.

Ive been dismissive of them for quite some time as at least in the past, it seemed they popped up every single beta version install, but always seemed to be a rehash/repeat/clone of what the last stable version said.

If they did/do in fact indicate what changed from beta release to beta release, id find them much more valuable and less put off by keeping them around.

either way, its your ship :)

Had an issue last night that I keep forgetting to mention of when the notification of a new Beta is available pops up in LaunchBox some time later at random after starting it up, and it gets hidden under the Edit window to where you end up having to close LaunchBox and open it again just to access that pop-up notification. I kinda been wishing there was something that would come up on the top or side somewhere to be clicked when available instead of freezing things up such as when it comes up during downloading some Metadata in which then the download gets stuck and nothing can be cancelled or closed other than LaunchBox itself

1 hour ago, RULLUR said:

Had an issue last night that I keep forgetting to mention of when the notification of a new Beta is available pops up in LaunchBox some time later at random after starting it up, and it gets hidden under the Edit window to where you end up having to close LaunchBox and open it again just to access that pop-up notification. I kinda been wishing there was something that would come up on the top or side somewhere to be clicked when available instead of freezing things up such as when it comes up during downloading some Metadata in which then the download gets stuck and nothing can be cancelled or closed other than LaunchBox itself

I see. That dialog should be coming up pretty quickly, so I wouldn't think windows should be open under normal circumstances. But I agree, it'd be better if the update notifications weren't done in a popup like that.

• Thanks 1

Beta 2 is out now with the following:

• New Feature: An import process for Origin has been added under Tools > Import > Origin Games, also working similarly to the latest Steam, GOG, and Epic import processes

• Improvement: The default image priority settings have been streamlined; you may want to review your image priority settings under Tools > Options > Legacy > Images in LaunchBox to make sure that you don't have any unecessary/unwanted image types selected

• Fixed: Introduced in 10.14, running another instance of LaunchBox or Big Box was always showing the already running message box, even when using controller automation to focus LaunchBox or Big Box

• Fixed: If a recent or favorite game was selected when Big Box entered attract mode, it would incorrectly launch the game

• Fixed: Big Box losing focus no longer closes certain popup dialogs that should stay open

• Fixed: Big Box background music was not respecting the shuffle setting in all situations

• Like 3
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 1