LaunchBox Community Forums

10.15-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

Beta 6 is out now with the following:

• Improvement: A new "NavigationInProgress" property binding has been added for Big Box theme developers in order to provide a better trigger for animations and improve performance

• Improvement: The LaunchBox Big Box Custom Themes Documentation has been updated (available here: LaunchBox\Themes\Documentation.pdf)

• Fixed: @C-Beats' above-mentioned fixes for the Origin import

• Translation updates

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Beta 6 is out now with the following:

• Improvement: A new "NavigationInProgress" property binding has been added for Big Box theme developers in order to provide a better trigger for animations and improve performance

• Improvement: The LaunchBox Big Box Custom Themes Documentation has been updated (available here: LaunchBox\Themes\Documentation.pdf)

• Fixed: @C-Beats' above-mentioned fixes for the Origin import

• Translation updates

Sorry to add another issue; but, I have been having BigBox quickly crash out to my desktop, only to leave me with no cursor. Task manager says nothing is open, still no cursor, like when in BigBox. I have to do a hard restart of the PC to get my cursor back. If I remember, this started about 2 betas ago.

On the latest beta
Attached is the Debug log...

Debug 2020-05-04 09-01-48 PM.log

23 hours ago, C-Beats said:

@CriticalCid

I was able to track down an issue that would cause problems similar to what you were talking about. Fix has been put in place and will be corrected on next push.

I've now tested it with Beta 6 and the Origin version gets now properly launched when it's added as Additional App. So that issue seems to fixed!

BUT the following issue is still there:

When I edit the merged game (doesn't matter if I change something as long as I close it with the OK button) the game loses its Origin badge and the Origin version can't be launched anymore. Once the Origin version has lost its Origin badge it stays broken even when you expand the games into their individual entries.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ItchyRobot said:

Sorry to add another issue; but, I have been having BigBox quickly crash out to my desktop, only to leave me with no cursor. Task manager says nothing is open, still no cursor, like when in BigBox. I have to do a hard restart of the PC to get my cursor back. If I remember, this started about 2 betas ago.

On the latest beta

Debug 2020-05-04 09-01-48 PM.log 3.9 kB · 3 downloads

What Big Box theme are you running?

18 hours ago, SonicFan53 said:

I actually think there might be one more set of games. (Xbox Game Pass - P L E A S E make it happen Jason)

This is on our list. Not sure the timeframe for it though.

8 hours ago, CriticalCid said:

I've now tested it with Beta 6 and the Origin version gets now properly launched when it's added as Additional App. So that issue seems to fixed!

BUT the following issue is still there:

When I edit the merged game (doesn't matter if I change something as long as I close it with the OK button) the game loses its Origin badge and the Origin version can't be launched anymore. Once the Origin version has lost its Origin badge it stays broken even when you expand the games into their individual entries.

Thanks for catching this, Cid.

Beta 7 is out now with the following:

• Improvement: New "NavigationInProgress", "NavigationStartedCounter", and "NavigationEndedCounter" property bindings have been added for Big Box theme developers in order to provide better triggers for animations and improve performance (see the updated theme documentation)

• Fixed: The Origin issue that @CriticalCid posted above

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Thanks! This fixed it for me! :)

Unfortunately I found another issue while I was testing this. If you have a GOG and Origin version merged and the GOG version is set as parent than you can't start the Origin version. It won't even open up the Origin launcher. It works fine as a single entry though when you expand them again.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ItchyRobot said:

On the latest beta

Debug 2020-05-04 09-01-48 PM.log 3.9 kB · 3 downloads

I know it doesnt fix the bug but you shouldnt have to do a full restart. if you have your windows search enabled, press the windows key and type "mouse" to get into your mouse settings, use your tab and arrow keys to change the size or cursor color temporarily, should bring the cursor back. I had this issue before and found this beats a full restart. Hope it can work for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

What Big Box theme are you running?

Unified Refried

I switched over from Colorful to try to trouble shoot the BB-Pause bug I was having with the Colorful theme (as you asked me to do in a previous post). Then after successfully using the pause theme for a while, the quick crash to desktop happened - after using Unified Refried for a while. That reminded me, this quick crash to desktop has happen about 4 times the last week. That's when I reported it. I have never had it happen until about 3 betas ago.

6 minutes ago, ed20910 said:

I know it doesnt fix the bug but you shouldnt have to do a full restart. if you have your windows search enabled, press the windows key and type "mouse" to get into your mouse settings, use your tab and arrow keys to change the size or cursor color temporarily, should bring the cursor back. I had this issue before and found this beats a full restart. Hope it can work for you.

Thanks for the tip!

How long ago did your crash happen? Mine only started crashing about a week ago.

Just now, ItchyRobot said:

Thanks for the tip!

How long ago did your crash happen? Mine only started crashing about a week ago.

its been a while and i dont remember if it was LB/BB related or a different program. just remember having the issue and found that as a workaround to get the mouse back.  Havent been able to do much testing on the new betas.

5 minutes ago, ItchyRobot said:

Unified Refried

I switched over from Colorful to try to trouble shoot the BB-Pause bug I was having with the Colorful theme (as you asked me to do in a previous post). Then after successfully using the pause theme for a while, the quick crash to desktop happened - after using Unified Refried for a while. That reminded me, this quick crash to desktop has happen about 4 times the last week. That's when I reported it. I have never had it happen until about 3 betas ago.

Can you revert to the official release to see if you can reproduce it with 10.14? I'm doubtful that anything has been added recently that could cause any new crashes. I could always be wrong though.

It may end up being data-related (or driver-related for that matter), which is why I'm curious if it works correctly with 10.14.

9 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Can you revert to the official release to see if you can reproduce it with 10.14?

How do I do that without reverting to a prior state? I am adding roms all the time, so dont want to revert to a previous state if posssible

5 minutes ago, ItchyRobot said:

How do I do that without reverting to a prior state? I am adding roms all the time, so dont want to revert to a previous state if posssible

Just go in your updates folder and run the installer last stable version you have in there.

• Thanks 1

I just used Steam import for the first time and did a manual audit when the numbers didn't tally. There are six games that didn't import (Drop, Escape from Tethys, Gravity Wars, Red Gate, Team Fortress 2, UNI - none of them currently installed). Perhaps it's an API issue that's not an easy fix (there's a few others who posted perhaps similar issues here and here), but is there a workaround for manually adding games using Application Path: steam://rungameid/[gameid] ?

I also noticed a mod (Killing Floor Mod: Defence Alliance 2) imported - I have base game but don't see separate entry for the mod. And I have two 'tools' for a football management game that I possibly installed years ago that were also picked up by the import.

Otherwise, great job on the imports. I used all the others without issue! 

I don't know if this happens in the beta versions, but in launchbox 10.14 the system is very slow when editing metadata. After making the edits/importing/whatever on game data, emulator data, platform data... Launchbox hangs for 10 seconds or so before letting me scroll through the library (items are greyed out and I can't scroll the library, but I can scroll the platform list). Sometimes, it won't "wake up" and the only fix is to scroll up and down the platform list, which must set off some sort of refresh trigger and only then will the game list turn white (normal) and I can select items again.

Example:

Select game 1 -> edit, make changes, press ok.
Game list goes grey as data gets saved... takes around 10 seconds before game list is active again.
Most of the time however, after saving changes, the platform list will refresh (it scrolls to the bottom) and the game list will remain greyed out. At this point,I have to scroll up the platform list and when I get about halfway up the list, the game list will wake up and be active.

My game list is very long and my platform list is fairly long too (though I don't have issues with the platform list itself).

Launchbox is even in list view to avoid loading pictures so I'm not sure what the issue is though my theory is that Launchbox is forgetting to wake up the game list (maybe it forgets what platform it is supposed to display?) for an unknown reason.

Naturally, given the size of my library, I'm terrified of updating to the betas...

If I'm looking at a short game list, then the game list will activate fine... so this is a long game list issue. Not sure where the cutoff for the issue is. Will do more testing. 

So far: platform containing 2 games = no problem (10 second delay but game list activates). platform with 4000 games = problem (10 second delay, game list remains inactive)

Edited by mcfilmmakers

Further testing is inconsistent. Seems to have nothing to do with the length of the game list. It can have 200 and work (lag notwithstanding) or have 10 and never reactivate without the platform list scroll technique... happens whether its a single game being edited or a bulk edit.... my PC CPU doesn't max out nor does the RAM so those aren't the problem...

On 5/5/2020 at 8:49 PM, nearvanaman said:

I just used Steam import for the first time and did a manual audit when the numbers didn't tally. There are six games that didn't import (Drop, Escape from Tethys, Gravity Wars, Red Gate, Team Fortress 2, UNI - none of them currently installed). Perhaps it's an API issue that's not an easy fix (there's a few others who posted perhaps similar issues here and here), but is there a workaround for manually adding games using Application Path: steam://rungameid/[gameid] ?

I also noticed a mod (Killing Floor Mod: Defence Alliance 2) imported - I have base game but don't see separate entry for the mod. And I have two 'tools' for a football management game that I possibly installed years ago that were also picked up by the import.

Otherwise, great job on the imports. I used all the others without issue! 

Yes. If you manually add a game with the appropriate steam path all the Steam integrations will work. A lot of the times we have seen this the game simply wasn't returned by the Steam API and I'm not sure what all drives that to give a better explanation unfortunately.