LaunchBox Community Forums

10.15-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

1 hour ago, TheNewClassics said:

Thanks for the great additions LB team. Question for you guys: for Origin, if the games aren't installed, should they still show up in the list when you go to import games through Origin?

Yes. You can import games from your Origin library regardless of install state. It should also pick up games added to your library via their game pass thing (can't remember what they call it).

6 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Hmm, I'm confused why the top and bottom would be cut off. Is part of the screen buried in the cabinet?

Unfortunately no. For beta releases, it's important to note that they're betas, so that's one thing that I unfortunately can't change.

Yes, the screen is vertical 16:9, but to give it a more 4:3 feel, the sides are hidden inside the cab (that's why it looks kind of a square) so the real resolution is 768x1024, but the visible part is 768px wide x 800px height.

More pictures to show you the custom theme and usable size of the screen (i'm dumb I know, I should have done this the first time):

Usable-Screen-area.thumb.png.633a7096f7a589b4e9fba1aaa112b629.png
1184059340_WhatsAppImage2020-04-29at19_58_39.thumb.jpeg.09da539c2b12d490a51598e9f93a6ad0.jpeg

Edited by exodus_cl

1 hour ago, TheNewClassics said:

Thanks for the response Christian. For me it's not showing any games in the list after I signed into Origin and tried to import the games.

I would go to Options > Integrations > Origin and log out and log back in and check. If it still doesn't make sure you have the right account (only say that because I for some reason have two and made that mistake myself).

11 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Beta 2 is out now with the following:

• New Feature: An import process for Origin has been added under Tools > Import > Origin Games, also working similarly to the latest Steam, GOG, and Epic import processes

• Improvement: The default image priority settings have been streamlined; you may want to review your image priority settings under Tools > Options > Legacy > Images in LaunchBox to make sure that you don't have any unecessary/unwanted image types selected

• Fixed: Introduced in 10.14, running another instance of LaunchBox or Big Box was always showing the already running message box, even when using controller automation to focus LaunchBox or Big Box

• Fixed: If a recent or favorite game was selected when Big Box entered attract mode, it would incorrectly launch the game

• Fixed: Big Box losing focus no longer closes certain popup dialogs that should stay open

• Fixed: Big Box background music was not respecting the shuffle setting in all situations

@Jason Carr Amazing work getting all these storefront launchers in. GOG 2.0 is loosing its one allure :)

curious not sure how they pull it but they just added a subscription. could be neat to have that in LB as well...

GOG Galaxy 2.0.14  BETA  4_30_2020 10_12_02 AM_LI.jpg

image.thumb.png.1fb2ef80233e6c5598bf81639577dff4.pngWeird glitch going on where the left side is claiming I'm on the GameCube platform, but LaunchBox opened to the Genesis stuff I'm working on after Installing the new Beta, Unsure if this has a possibility to happen again, but figured I'd share it and hope it can avoid any confusion. I selected Genesis after doing the screenshot, and all seems fine

3 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

image.thumb.png.1fb2ef80233e6c5598bf81639577dff4.pngWeird glitch going on where the left side is claiming I'm on the GameCube platform, but LaunchBox opened to the Genesis stuff I'm working on after Installing the new Beta, Unsure if this has a possibility to happen again, but figured I'd share it and hope it can avoid any confusion. I selected Genesis after doing the screenshot, and all seems fine

Why are 32X games in the Genesis platform when there's a 32X platform?

10 hours ago, TheNewClassics said:

Thanks for the response Christian. For me it's not showing any games in the list after I signed into Origin and tried to import the games.

9 hours ago, C-Beats said:

I would go to Options > Integrations > Origin and log out and log back in and check. If it still doesn't make sure you have the right account (only say that because I for some reason have two and made that mistake myself).

Same here, i just get a blank import screen.

1127398591_Screenshot(510).thumb.png.c59a32a0d48f2794ad568d498147dd3b.pngAlso i dont think the Logout of Origin is working correctly. As you said to logout and log back in i tried that, Launchbox says i'm now logged out via a popup window, but when i go to try the importer again it still auto logs me in. I did check the box for "remember me" when i logged in the first time, so i guess it doesnt matter if i logout via Launchbox as it still auto logs me in after. Even after doing that i still get a blank import window.

Also i should add i have 2FA on so had to input my authenicator code, could that be messing with things?

For the record.

1810400571_Screenshot(511).thumb.png.a880ae3bab088f55d906acc23dfbcbf1.png

Just now, SonicFan53 said:

Why are 32X games in the Genesis platform when there's a 32X platform?

I felt making a 32X platform was unnecessary since there are only so few titles, so it's better to have them part of Genesis. I like to also have Regional artwork and names set to their most accurate too. It's very much still a work in progress of course 

15 hours ago, garbanzo said:

Today I ran LB for the first time in a few weeks and updated to the latest beta. Now when I select a game, my background changes to a blur of colors. How can I turn this off?

I'm using the Old Default theme.

image.thumb.png.78a4c65b2fe2851dd50773e93377a237.pngNavigate to here and adjust the blur

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

Navigate to here and adjust the blur

Thanks for the help. I didn't realize what I was seeing is a blurred box image.

But my problem isn't so much the blur. I have the background set to a custom image, and yet when I select a game, it's changing to the box image. That's new behavior and I can't figure out how to turn it off.

Just curious, typically we see the poll on features in April and so far there's been no word on one. I'm just curious as to where we stand on the feature list from the previous poll? I understand that it'll happen when it happens, just looking for a status update is all. With so many features form the previous poll it is hard to gauge if we're at 50% or 75% or whatnot.

10 minutes ago, mcfilmmakers said:

Just curious, typically we see the poll on features in April and so far there's been no word on one. I'm just curious as to where we stand on the feature list from the previous poll? I understand that it'll happen when it happens, just looking for a status update is all. With so many features form the previous poll it is hard to gauge if we're at 50% or 75% or whatnot.

The list is in the original 2019 poll thread. Jason has been checking off  what he has done. Not sure how up to date it is as I have not worried about it. But it looks pretty up to date. The top 20 on the list I believe are what is being worked on. Jason has mentioned few times already a new poll will not take place until 2019 items are wrapped up.

• Like 1

So just got 10.15-beta-2 and in BigBox I have HUGE box artwork as the background behind each game in the carousel which looks real nasty ?

I changed no settings so something is no longer respecting my preferences (I use a platform specific image behind all games - which is pulled from Images\Platforms\PlatformName\Fanart) which until today has been working just fine (my theme is ModernMini)...

On my front room system which is locked to non-beta releases, so is on 10.14, it works just fine...

Any suggestions?

sTeVE

Edited by jetbootjack

29 minutes ago, jetbootjack said:

So just got 10.15-beta-2 and in BigBox I have HUGE box artwork as the background behind each game in the carousel which looks real nasty ?

I changed no settings so something is no longer respecting my preferences (I use a platform specific image behind all games - which is pulled from Images\Platforms\PlatformName\Fanart) which until today has been working just fine (my theme is ModernMini)...

On my front room system which is locked to non-beta releases, so is on 10.14, it works just fine...

Any suggestions?

sTeVE

From the beta 2 release notes above in this thread:

• Improvement: The default image priority settings have been streamlined; you may want to review your image priority settings under Tools > Options > Legacy > Images in LaunchBox to make sure that you don't have any unecessary/unwanted image types selected
  • Thanks 1