LaunchBox Community Forums

10.15-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

21 hours ago, exodus_cl said:

Yes, the screen is vertical 16:9, but to give it a more 4:3 feel, the sides are hidden inside the cab (that's why it looks kind of a square) so the real resolution is 768x1024, but the visible part is 768px wide x 800px height.

More pictures to show you the custom theme and usable size of the screen (i'm dumb I know, I should have done this the first time):

Usable-Screen-area.thumb.png.633a7096f7a589b4e9fba1aaa112b629.png
1184059340_WhatsAppImage2020-04-29at19_58_39.thumb.jpeg.09da539c2b12d490a51598e9f93a6ad0.jpeg

I see. What theme are you using to get around that problem? Is it a custom one you've built yourself?

13 hours ago, ALIE said:

@Jason Carr Amazing work getting all these storefront launchers in. GOG 2.0 is loosing its one allure :)

curious not sure how they pull it but they just added a subscription. could be neat to have that in LB as well...

GOG Galaxy 2.0.14  BETA  4_30_2020 10_12_02 AM_LI.jpg

So I've heard. Not sure if the LaunchBox community commonly uses those services or not. They're not my cup of tea, but maybe I'm not typical there. We might look to add something similar eventually if it becomes a common request.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RULLUR said:

image.thumb.png.1fb2ef80233e6c5598bf81639577dff4.pngWeird glitch going on where the left side is claiming I'm on the GameCube platform, but LaunchBox opened to the Genesis stuff I'm working on after Installing the new Beta, Unsure if this has a possibility to happen again, but figured I'd share it and hope it can avoid any confusion. I selected Genesis after doing the screenshot, and all seems fine

Usually this happens when things fall behind, and it eventually will update with the correct view. Could be something I haven't seen before though. But unless I can replicate it, I can't really do anything to improve it.

2 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

So I've heard. Not sure if the LaunchBox community commonly uses those services or not. They're not my cup of tea, but maybe I'm not typical there. We might look to add something similar eventually if it becomes a common request.

Yes, absolutely yes. Xbox games pass is a massive deal.

Beta 3 is out now with the following:

• Improvement: Buttons have been added to the image priority settings that will allow you to easily revert them to the defaults

• Fixed: Issues with the Origin import not showing any games

• Fixed: Rare issue where if you imported and combined MS-DOS GOG games into existing DOSBox games, Use DOSBox was checked on the GOG additional apps, which made them not work

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Game pass for PC is fairly heavily used im guessing. I certainly use it for one, i mean £3.99 a month for all those free games as well as Microsoft exclusives on day one is a no brainer.

• Like 1

Thanks LB team, Origin games are importing well now for me. On a side note, is there a way to have it so that the Origin Client doesn't stay open when you exit the game? I notice that when I quit an Origin game, my Origin page is open and I need to close it in order to get back to BB. I've left the option unchecked to Launch game with Origin Client in options

I've found a small visual glitch in the name of the games of the new theme. This has been here since the theme was released but I was waiting until having time to test it in a clean install.

I attached the images that show how some labels are correctly rendered (Cruis'n USA) but others look blurred (Top Gear). I also added a zoomed image with both texts side by side so you can easily see the differences. This difference in rendering seems to depend on the row.

Screenshot_8.jpg

Screenshot_11.jpg

Screenshot_8 - copia.jpg

Edited by code88

3 hours ago, jetbootjack said:

So just got 10.15-beta-2 and in BigBox I have HUGE box artwork as the background behind each game in the carousel which looks real nasty ?

I changed no settings so something is no longer respecting my preferences (I use a platform specific image behind all games - which is pulled from Images\Platforms\PlatformName\Fanart) which until today has been working just fine (my theme is ModernMini)...

On my front room system which is locked to non-beta releases, so is on 10.14, it works just fine...

Any suggestions?

sTeVE

I too had Front Box art end up as Background art, and I thought it was some error that happened while I was downloading some metadata media for Primal Rage and at random the Beta pop-up froze it to where I had to force it all to close, but seems I'm not the only one who had this happen. Had to go in an rearrange the Background priorities all over again, and I think I had to do that with some other stuff, but the Backgrounds for sure had to be fixed back. 

Edited by RULLUR

4 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

I see. What theme are you using to get around that problem? Is it a custom one you've built yourself?

Yes, I did a custom theme, you can see the yellow outline that shows the actual screen space that's vailable for viewing, in mame I use .lay files to adjust the horizontal and vertical games to fit nicely with some artwork to fill the empty spaces.

The idea was to have more space available for vertical games and it works wonders.

123915261_WhatsAppImage2020-04-29at19_58_39.thumb.jpeg.c7223c30bca4bf7a1f11af9b38bcba76.jpeg

2132248829_WhatsAppImage2020-04-29at19_58_38.thumb.jpeg.6741e98aad6e5fd356e8dab00b725771.jpeg1320023326_WhatsAppImage2020-04-29at19_58.39(1).thumb.jpeg.9c0ac00da698d4185acbfaabca612f5a.jpeg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RULLUR said:

I too had Front Box art end up as Background art, and I thought it was some error that happened while I was downloading some metadata media for Primal Rage and at random the Beta pop-up froze it to where I had to force it all to close, but seems I'm not the only one who had this happen. Had to go in an rearrange the Background priorities all over again, and I think I had to do that with some other stuff, but the Backgrounds for sure had to be fixed back. 

The slight oddity was I went in removed all the background image types and all good, then on reboot they were all selected again - so had to deselect twice.

Updated my second system and had the same issue, needed to do it twice to stick...

Thankfully now all good, and I am once again serenely enjoying Launchbox!

11 hours ago, neil9000 said:

PC gamepass is sorta a big deal for me to easily import. GOG handles it real well, but id rather just have everything in Launchbox. :) 

I too use Game Pass and just create windows shortcuts to the games and import those - works like a champ, admittedly it is manual though - I guess you are using the same process?

sTeVE

1 hour ago, jetbootjack said:

I too use Game Pass and just create windows shortcuts to the games and import those - works like a champ, admittedly it is manual though - I guess you are using the same process?

Yeah i have used that method in the past, but it is quite tedious, having to go to the apps folder and create a shortcut on the desktop of every game you want to import. I dont currently have any of my gamepass games imported though as i recently setup my Launchbox from scratch again, and couldnt be bothered with it so i just start them from the Gamepass app.

23 hours ago, garbanzo said:

Thanks for the help. I didn't realize what I was seeing is a blurred box image.

But my problem isn't so much the blur. I have the background set to a custom image, and yet when I select a game, it's changing to the box image. That's new behavior and I can't figure out how to turn it off.

Tools > Options > Legacy > Images > Background Priorities

Ensure nothing is ticked for your custom images to load during startup.

• Like 1

Any chance we can see a tiny QOL feature added: You can select/deselect multiple files from the Clean Up Media tool. It's either all or nothing and when you have thousands of results and only want to select half.... (just the Duplicates or just the File not in use), you can't do that without individually selecting each of the thousands of results... which makes the tool impractical. \

Just a tiny request that shouldn't be hard to do.. if time permits of course.

Thanks.

37 minutes ago, Pixel said:

When idle in the background, yes, but when I click and browse it can get from 2 to 2,5 GB. Also, just after launching the app. I closed it, but it still remained in the task manager for a long time. I had to manually close it. Generally, it's worst after launching. Then, it's better. But it definatley has high peaks to 2,5 GB.

1.thumb.png.fbc7d8a1fa3ee18d44bbf6129ca3b5dd.pngIt can drop to 1,9GB when I do nothing.

And record:

2.thumb.png.004d1c48ad37f10d678600f505a5331d.png

That's about normal for what I have seen for a while now. Mine ranges anywhere from 1.5-2.5 depending on what I am doing in LB.

• Like 1