LaunchBox Community Forums

11.3-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

5 hours ago, sundogak said:

Not seeing that with Beta 4 on my setup. I have Visual Pinball and Future Pinball media named similarly with year and company in parenthesis.

Have you imported and scraped your stuff since beta release or already had it set up before before this beta release. Are you using media folders outside of the default folders?

A couple things I have found not working in Beta 4:

1. When adding a game manually, it isn't focusing on game after you hit OK

2. When scanning for new roms, it is ignoreing games with () if there is a game with the same name without ()

IE: LB finds Blade Runner and will let you add it, but it doesn't show Blade Runner (version 2), I have to manually add them

I was using the latest LaunchBox beta last night quiet a bit and I am still getting a few random lockups. It is random but the processes I was doing was downloading media via the media and metadata wizard and changing rom paths via the tools menu, platform by platform. Launchbox would lock up sometimes for about 10 to 15 seconds after trying to enter the tools menu after doing one of these processes. After about 10 seconds or so the tools menu would open and everything would go back to normal. Sometimes it would be normal with no locks for a good while and other times the lock ups would be closer together,totally random but LB never completely crashed and closed as I was getting sometimes I think in beta 2.

15 hours ago, Chaotic Viral said:

After updating to the latest beta I'm unable to sync my collection to the cloud. When I try it prompts me to log into my LB account but it tells me my credentials are incorrect even though they aren't.

@Chaotic Viral @Wanderer189 I'm unable to replicate this. You are using credentials for logging into gamesdb.launchbox-app.com and not forums.launchbox-app.com correct? They are not the same account which causes confusions sometimes.

8 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

@Chaotic Viral @Wanderer189 I'm unable to replicate this. You are using credentials for logging into gamesdb.launchbox-app.com and not forums.launchbox-app.com correct? They are not the same account which causes confusions sometimes.

Yeah. I copied and pasted the e-mail and password directly from my LastPass vault to make sure they were entered correctly. I can log in and out of my DB account with no problem but it won't work in the app itself.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, krofftsuperstar said:

Ugh. Sorry, I wasn't thinking. Here ya go. Thanks!

LaunchBox Core Folder Beta 4.png

LaunchBox Core Folder.png

Those files look right, so I'm baffled as to why you'd be getting any issues with .NET Core. What version of Windows are you running?

4 hours ago, Wanderer189 said:

Oddly, I just tested this and it seems to be working fine. We seem to be seeing a lot of strange issues with your setup; they're fairly varied, however. Would be nice to get to the bottom of what's different and causing all the issues. Do you have anything unique about your setup?

3 hours ago, kmoney said:

I was using the latest LaunchBox beta last night quiet a bit and I am still getting a few random lockups. It is random but the processes I was doing was downloading media via the media and metadata wizard and changing rom paths via the tools menu, platform by platform. Launchbox would lock up sometimes for about 10 to 15 seconds after trying to enter the tools menu after doing one of these processes. After about 10 seconds or so the tools menu would open and everything would go back to normal. Sometimes it would be normal with no locks for a good while and other times the lock ups would be closer together,totally random but LB never completely crashed and closed as I was getting sometimes I think in beta 2.

I've change some code around here which should hopefully help for the next beta.

Syncing your collection to the cloud is also fixed for the next beta as well.

LB only focuses the game if the game is in the current sidebar filter. If it isn't we don't attempt to change your filter to select it.

2. When scanning for new roms, it is ignoreing games with () if there is a game with the same name without ()

This isn't new it is how that feature works. Will skip any files that are already in use, or have the same Title and Platform as something already in your collection. Because on filename title check we cut off any values in parens or brackets what you are seeing makes sense.

31 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Oddly, I just tested this and it seems to be working fine. We seem to be seeing a lot of strange issues with your setup; they're fairly varied, however. Would be nice to get to the bottom of what's different and causing all the issues. Do you have anything unique about your setup?

PC Specs:
ASrock Z390 Taichi with 8086k clocked @5ghz
32GB of 3200 RAM
EVGA 1080ti FTW video card
8TB internal drive (250GB for OS, the rest is D drive)
Intel Optane 32GB model
few other HDD's internal set up as raid for backups, 

All drivers up-to-date on all devices including BIOS

I have been running same hardware setup for almost 2 years now

I'm using LB 11.3.4 installed on Drive D (internal hdd)
Roms are all stored on Drive Y (mapped drive on NAS)
All media is stored on Drive Z (another mapped drive on same NAS)

Still on Windows (1909)

I had NET core installed I believe, but was prompted to install when LB updated to 11.3.2 if not mistaken, which I allowed.

The focus issue was working in 11.3.3, but when I updated to 11.3.4 it stopped. had a lot less editing issues with the video snaps as well in 11.3.3.

Anything else you can think of or might be of any help???? 

24 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

LB only focuses the game if the game is in the current sidebar filter. If it isn't we don't attempt to change your filter to select it.

This isn't new it is how that feature works. Will skip any files that are already in use, or have the same Title and Platform as something already in your collection. Because on filename title check we cut off any values in parens or brackets what you are seeing makes sense.

Thx for reply, on the focus issue, you totally lost me "if the game is in the current sidebar filter", I clicked on the WINDOWS platform (that focus' ALL Windows games), added a WINDOWS game, like I have done forever...lol. Just reporting my Real World usage and findings.

When scanning for new roms, I can't say I actually looked, and assumed it was getting everything. Glad to know. Suppose I got 20,000 roms to go through to look at their names now to see how many have gotten skipped...

Maybe I need to go back to v10.15 and sit this out...hahaha

3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Those files look right, so I'm baffled as to why you'd be getting any issues with .NET Core. What version of Windows are you running?

Running Windows 10 home edition. I should mention that when I was downloading beta 3 there was a glitch of some kind but the process was completed. When I launched the app I was told I was missing .Net Core and that I needed to install it and it hasn't worked yet.

1 minute ago, krofftsuperstar said:

Running Windows 10 home edition. I should mention that when I was downloading beta 3 there was a glitch of some kind but the process was completed. When I launched the app I was told I was missing .Net Core and that I needed to install it and it hasn't worked yet.

I see. Running 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 10?

2 hours ago, Wanderer189 said:

Thx for reply, on the focus issue, you totally lost me "if the game is in the current sidebar filter", I clicked on the WINDOWS platform (that focus' ALL Windows games), added a WINDOWS game, like I have done forever...lol. Just reporting my Real World usage and findings.

I just tested what I think you are doing and it did focus on the game after adding. Steps I did: Selected my Windows platform, clicked the add button, added the game name and selected the .exe then clicked OK. Once done LB processed the data and added the game. The game was then selected and showing the media and metadata in the game details panel.

Is that what you are basically doing and saying on your set-up it is not showing the game in the details panel when done?

• Like 1

Anyone else got problems running Future Pinball now? (Launchbox 11.3 beta 4)

I have used it for months via Launchbox always newest beta, but after returning from vacation, I updated to new beta, and now I can't start any FPtables.

2 error msg occur: one asking for admin. rights and one saying the roms aren't present.

All worked fine before. Can still launch tables directly through Future Pinball.

Edited by erling1000

3 hours ago, Retro808 said:

I just tested what I think you are doing and it did focus on the game after adding. Steps I did: Selected my Windows platform, clicked the add button, added the game name and selected the .exe then clicked OK. Once done LB processed the data and added the game. The game was then selected and showing the media and metadata in the game details panel.

Is that what you are basically doing and saying on your set-up it is not showing the game in the details panel when done?

Yes Sir, exactly what I do. After I add a new game, it jumps back to the top. I will check it again, maybe tomorrow, I reset explorer on the pc to see if it might be causing some of my issues. I have an issue that when LB is open and I start clicking on png files, Photos just hangs on a black screen. I can close LB and click all day long and can't get it to happen. And sadly, none of happened until this round of betas

1 hour ago, erling1000 said:

Anyone else got problems running Future Pinball now? (Launchbox 11.3 beta 4)

I have used it for months via Launchbox always newest beta, but after returning from vacation, I updated to new beta, and now I can't start any FPtables.

2 error msg occur: one asking for admin. rights and one saying the roms aren't present.

All worked fine before. Can still launch tables directly through Future Pinball.

I actually set up the Future Pinball platform last week (after I installed beta). When I was setting it up, I read somewhere not to use some of the older ways of doing it, but simply add "/open %romfile% /play /exit" (without quotes) in the Default Command-line Parameters. It is working great for me. I can't get any pause screen button combos to work and the exit button combo takes me back to LB without an exit screen and opens the context menu on the table I was playing. But haven't spent much time with all that yet....