LaunchBox Community Forums

11.3-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

Here is another issue. i am using Beta-4, but it was in Beta-3 as well.

Scanned in collection of Furtue Pinball a few days back, been working on posters for them. Had a bunch of video snaps already and put them in my video folder. When LB imported, some of the videos were picked up and assigned to game and work.

But if the name of the video is a bit different than LB has named the game and you try to edit the game, LB crashes every time whhen you hit OK.

Here is an example:

Name of the rom - Sweet Hearts.fpt
Name of the video - Sweet Hearts (Gottlieb) (1963).mp4

Other than scanning in the roms, LB found the video on its own. But if I try to edit the game, it will crash every time I click on OK unless I rename the video to Sweet Hearts-01.mp4. 

This was not a problem in the past for me. Like I said, was in previous beta release as well

ADDED INFO:
Lot more crashing when editing and videos are already there. Bout to go back to beta 3

Edited by Wanderer189

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

That's interesting. I assume the setup process does not prompt you to install .NET Core? I've seen this issue before, but only when files are missing from the LaunchBox\Core folder. Have you tried installing beta 4 to a new folder, separate from your current LaunchBox install?

SO I was able to download and run beta 4 in a separate folder, but when I still cannot launch beta 3 from my main LaunchBox folder. Can I merge some of beta 4 with the main folder to get beta 3 to run? And then have LB upgrade itself to beta 4 (rather than a manual download)? Or is there an even easier way to do this? Clearly, something is rotten in the state of my main LB. 

56 minutes ago, krofftsuperstar said:

SO I was able to download and run beta 4 in a separate folder, but when I still cannot launch beta 3 from my main LaunchBox folder. Can I merge some of beta 4 with the main folder to get beta 3 to run? And then have LB upgrade itself to beta 4 (rather than a manual download)? Or is there an even easier way to do this? Clearly, something is rotten in the state of my main LB. 

It would be good to figure out why the installer isn't working to upgrade your existing folder. The fact that it runs from a separate folder though means that you do, in fact, have .NET Core installed correctly. Can you take a screenshot of the files in your LaunchBox folder and your LaunchBox\Core folder?

2 hours ago, Wanderer189 said:

Scanned in collection of Furtue Pinball a few days back, been working on posters for them. Had a bunch of video snaps already and put them in my video folder. When LB imported, some of the videos were picked up and assigned to game and work.

But if the name of the video is a bit different than LB has named the game and you try to edit the game, LB crashes every time whhen you hit OK.

Here is an example:

Other than scanning in the roms, LB found the video on its own. But if I try to edit the game, it will crash every time I click on OK unless I rename the video to Sweet Hearts-01.mp4. 

This was not a problem in the past for me. Like I said, was in previous beta release as well

What is the exact error?

16 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

What is the exact error?

Sorry Jason, there is no error, LB just disappears without saving anything. I did notice it starts to show the tiny bar at the top, like its doing the refreshing portion, it goes maybe 1/2 way and poof, LB is gone and have to re-open it. 

UPDATE: @Jason Carr Addde log file for ya, I think it was the last one with crash

Debug 2020-07-29 12-55-35 PM.log

UPDATE 2: @Jason Carr Hey Jason, here are a few more log files, shows how often beta-4 is crashing on me now.... 12 times in just a 2-3 hour period.

Logs.7z

Edited by Wanderer189
Added more info

Beta 4 still having same issue than in Beta 3.

I had to downgrade to 11.2 and then wait for 11.3 beta 4 to be downloaded in order to test it, since beta 3 (and now beta 4) are not opening at all.

----

Unable to load one or more of the requested types.
Could not load type 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.ApplicationBase' from assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'.
Could not load type 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Computer' from assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 11.3-beta-4
Type:    System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException
Site:    System.RuntimeType[] GetTypes(System.Reflection.RuntimeModule)
Source:  System.Private.CoreLib

at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Root.puHFkXrEn1[Jeo9PYlc60wZ97F624](IEnumerable`1  , ConcurrentDictionary`2&  )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Root.LoadPlugins(String folderPath)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.App..ctor()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Program.Main(String[] args)

Recent Log:

18:13:03 Exception

---

Any ideas???

33 minutes ago, danilote1234 said:

Beta 4 still having same issue than in Beta 3.

I had to downgrade to 11.2 and then wait for 11.3 beta 4 to be downloaded in order to test it, since beta 3 (and now beta 4) are not opening at all.

----

Unable to load one or more of the requested types.
Could not load type 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.ApplicationBase' from assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'.
Could not load type 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Computer' from assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'.

App:     LaunchBox
Type:    System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException
Site:    System.RuntimeType[] GetTypes(System.Reflection.RuntimeModule)
Source:  System.Private.CoreLib

at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Root.puHFkXrEn1[Jeo9PYlc60wZ97F624](IEnumerable`1  , ConcurrentDictionary`2&  )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Root.LoadPlugins(String folderPath)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.App..ctor()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Program.Main(String[] args)

Recent Log:

18:13:03 Exception

---

Any ideas???

I checked the code, and it doesn't look we reference Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Computer from anywhere in the code, so this definitely looks to be caused by a plugin. What plugins do you have in your LaunchBox\Plugins folder?

4 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

I checked the code, and it doesn't look we reference Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Computer from anywhere in the code, so this definitely looks to be caused by a plugin. What plugins do you have in your LaunchBox\Plugins folder?

Hi Jason, thanks for your reply. I figured out, the issue was caused by WikiPeek plugin.

5 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

The problem with this code is that siteoforigin unfortunately now refers to the LaunchBox\Core folder, so it no longer works properly. However, I believe if you replace "pack://siteoforigin:,,," with "LAUNCHBOX_ROOT_FOLDER", it should work. Any themes that do this will most likely need changed/upgraded for 11.3, but I don't think it's a very common thing for themes to do.

Is it odd that it still works for me or is this a different scenario?

<TextBlock x:Name="PlatformClearLogo" Visibility="Collapsed">
					<TextBlock.Text>
						<MultiBinding StringFormat="{}pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/Pandora/Images/Platforms/Clear Logo - TextGamesView/{0}.png">
							<Binding Path="Platform.Name" />
						</MultiBinding>
					</TextBlock.Text>
				</TextBlock>
				<Image Source="{Binding Text, ElementName=PlatformClearLogo}" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" />

As of 11 beta's eatkinola BigBox plugin Ao.Bigbox Customs is still broken, it doesn't display the system information in OptionsView.

FluxCRT
RΞfΔktΦR
Nostalgia
MinimalX

What it should look like:

image.thumb.png.47489629a5da9867718020d4bc9e79ba.png

what it looks like:

image.thumb.png.1f14e7bf261db1cee46e41471f56c32e.png

Also when changing theme and going into SystemView BB crashes:

(Inner Exception)

cannot find local VLC libs: F:\LaunchBox\Core\\ThirdParty\VLC\x64\

App:     Big Box
Type:    System.DllNotFoundException
Site:    Void SetupLibVlcPath()
Source:  Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7

at Ao.Bigbox.Utils.Media.MediaPlayer_VLC.SetupLibVlcPath()
   at Ao.Bigbox.Utils.Media.MediaPlayer_VLC..cctor()

(Outer Exception)

The type initializer for 'Ao.Bigbox.Utils.Media.MediaPlayer_VLC' threw an exception.

App:     Big Box
Type:    System.TypeInitializationException
Site:    Void .ctor(Boolean)
Source:  Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7

at Ao.Bigbox.Utils.Media.MediaPlayer_VLC..ctor(Boolean hwDecodingEnabled)
   at Ao.Bigbox.Utils.Media.MediaPlayerFactory.CreateMediaPlayer(MediaPlayerImpl impl)
   at Ao.Bigbox.Utils.Media.MediaPlayerFactory.CreateMediaPlayer(MediaPlayerImpl impl)
   at Ao.Bigbox.Controls.MediaTrack.ConfigMediaPlayer(Boolean loaded)
   at Ao.Bigbox.Controls.MediaTrack.<.ctor>b__6_0(Object o, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(Object root)
   at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

8:21:25 AM Exception

Edited by wallmachine

10 minutes ago, wallmachine said:

Is it odd that it still works for me or is this a different scenario?

<TextBlock x:Name="PlatformClearLogo" Visibility="Collapsed">
					<TextBlock.Text>
						<MultiBinding StringFormat="{}pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/Pandora/Images/Platforms/Clear Logo - TextGamesView/{0}.png">
							<Binding Path="Platform.Name" />
						</MultiBinding>
					</TextBlock.Text>
				</TextBlock>
				<Image Source="{Binding Text, ElementName=PlatformClearLogo}" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" />

Yes, different scenario, but just slightly. As I mentioned in my posts it still works if the custom images are in a folder inside the theme's actual folder structure. If the folder is outside of the theme that was still an issue. Switching the code to LAUNCHBOX_ROOT_FOLDER was needed to get it functional again with the new LB build.

5 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

It would be good to figure out why the installer isn't working to upgrade your existing folder. The fact that it runs from a separate folder though means that you do, in fact, have .NET Core installed correctly. Can you take a screenshot of the files in your LaunchBox folder and your LaunchBox\Core folder?

I think this is what you wanted ... 

LaunchBox Test folder.jpg

LaunchBox core folder.jpg

Beta 4 now runs for me whereas 3 wouldn't run at all, nothing changed in the setup from previously trying. Also RL is fixed to a point where i see a symbolic link being used for the data folder, but i had to add an Images folder symbolic as well, as RL uses LB's image folder to gather images that are displayed on fades. I know there are some that use the video folder too in their fades. But in all from the very limited testing i did, beta 4 seems to fix the issues i was having, can't comment on other stuff until i test some more.

9 hours ago, wallmachine said:

Should the Core folder look like this?

They are just symbolic links, like shortcuts, just an easy way to link a folder without having multiples of the same folders, or moving folder structures that can break other things.

• Unusual Gem 1

@wallmachine That all looks correct, yes. We have no control over whether Microsoft prompts to unblock the setups; thankfully, though, they do remove that warning after a certain number of people download it without issues.

I can add more folder links for media and the ThirdParty folders if that will fix some plugin issues; I'll do that.

13 hours ago, krofftsuperstar said:

I think this is what you wanted ... 

LaunchBox Test folder.jpg

LaunchBox core folder.jpg

That is helpful, but I need the same thing for the LaunchBox\Core folder. :)

23 hours ago, Wanderer189 said:

Here is an example:

ADDED INFO:
Lot more crashing when editing and videos are already there. Bout to go back to beta 3

You still seeing this issue? If so anyway you could PM steps on what to do to reproduce this? I'm having troubles doing so.

9 hours ago, C-Beats said:

You still seeing this issue? If so anyway you could PM steps on what to do to reproduce this? I'm having troubles doing so.

Not seeing that with Beta 4 on my setup. I have Visual Pinball and Future Pinball media named similarly with year and company in parenthesis.