LaunchBox Community Forums

11.3-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

3 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Yeah Pause working ok for me as well. Only issue is the ones using a custom image folder outside of the theme’s folder will not show images, but it still functions otherwise. 

In my case startup themes using external folders actually stop games from launching.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Yeah Pause working ok for me as well. Only issue is the ones using a custom image folder outside of the theme’s folder will not show images, but it still functions otherwise. 

They are working for me, they apparently don't work with the Future Pinball emulator. Thanks for all the replies everyone

5 hours ago, neil9000 said:

In my case startup themes using external folders actually stop games from launching.

Ah I just tested the Unified Startup and I get the same thing. I had only tested on three Startups / Pause theme's I made that are using custom image folders. I did not try any themes from other creators.

Regardless of which them I use though if I Change the image path to the full folder path that allows it to work again. Put it back to the relative path and it stops working.

Already mentioned on page two but reporting it also as there was another release after that post.

image.png.77368c7aa2b18c95a84e4c15b4cf1df2.pngAlso seeing a crash after editing titles and clicking around launchbox. I'll see if I can create a repeatable scenario to capture logs out of.

EDIT: First log the interface locked up and stopped updating. Second log was a full crash.

Debug 2020-07-26 03-22-46 PM.log

Debug 2020-07-26 03-36-01 PM.log

Edited by lockian

I can't boot launchbox on version 11.3-beta-2. I was able to boot on version 11.2. Here is the error log.

Unable to load one or more of the requested types.
Could not load file or assembly 'SharpDX.XInput, Version=4.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b4dcf0f35e5521f1'. The system cannot find the file specified.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 11.3-beta-2
Type:    System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException
Site:    System.RuntimeType[] GetTypes(System.Reflection.RuntimeModule)
Source:  System.Private.CoreLib

at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Root.sCSHkxwTd2[Sd7wNUoRTtmeP1ZSJj](IEnumerable`1  , ConcurrentDictionary`2&  )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Root.LoadPlugins(String folderPath)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.App.DUDXShyOnxC2SX8ZR3P(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.App..ctor()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Program.Main(String[] args)

Recent Log:

4:37:29 PM Exception

6 hours ago, pixelcide said:

I had this issue as well. Just edited the xml file for the startup theme and put in the exact image location.

The only issue i can't resolve is when downloading media, i'm unable to see what is available from emumovies. The tab for it just looks half gray and half white when i click it, like something is glitching. I checked my logs and i see this

2020-07-27 12:54:03 AM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. : 'C:\Users\zacha.000\LaunchBox\pack:\application:,,,\WpfResources\Background.png'
   at System.IO.FileStream.ValidateFileHandle(SafeFileHandle fileHandle)
2020-07-27 12:54:03 AM EXCEPTION IGNORED: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. : 'C:\Users\zacha.000\LaunchBox\pack:\application:,,,\WpfResources\Background.png'

Seems like the third party plugin can't find something.

Thanks. Actually, that does solve the problem temporarily, but causes a new problem in terms of portability

16 minutes ago, bundangdon said:

Thanks. Actually, that does solve the problem temporarily, but causes a new problem in terms of portability

Yeah this issue and the workaround was mentioned early on in the thread. I am confident The dynamic duo will have us squared away soon. 

Getting these errors when trying to launch Bigbox with Colorful theme.

Unable to load one or more of the requested types.
Could not load file or assembly 'SharpDX.XInput, Version=4.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b4dcf0f35e5521f1'. The system cannot find the file specified.

App:     Big Box
Version: 11.3-beta-2
Type:    System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException
Site:    System.RuntimeType[] GetTypes(System.Reflection.RuntimeModule)
Source:  System.Private.CoreLib

at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Root.sCSHkxwTd2[Sd7wNUoRTtmeP1ZSJj](IEnumerable`1  , ConcurrentDictionary`2&  )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Root.LoadPlugins(String folderPath)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.App.fVpBFiI8tJu2CYCS4bL(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.App.LoadThemePlugins(String theme)
   at xu5oe9U8K4O3RuN74k.tYvb2mm2p(String  , xu5oe9U8K4O3RuN74k )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.Bootstrapper.OnStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

21:07:56 Exception

Latest beta. 

BigBox_GXAjHnbl2A.png

BigBox_ocexPdJHi6.png

Beta 3 is out now with the following:

• Fix for the LaunchBox interface appearing to be "stuck" when navigating
  • Additional fixes for launching games
  • Corrected issue where the Download Metadata and Media tool would download a theme video even though you already had one when selecting the "Do Not Replace" option
  • Fixed custom field filter duplicates
  • Corrected issue that required you to restart LaunchBox when adding a new custom field to see it in the Sidebar filter drop down
  • Fixed pack:// URIs
  • Add/Edit Metadata page now uses alternate names to set the region-correct title
  • You can now change the main title of the game from the alternate names page
  • Fixed DPI issues with some windows

This beta does not address everything in this thread, but I wanted to at least get out what we had for today. Thanks for bearing with us as we work through these issues that have come up from the .NET Core migration, and thanks for the reports. :)

• Like 4

I have my LB on a Samba share, and it's worked great up until 11.0-beta3.  Now I start it, see the "Loading..." splashscreen, and then crashes.

Application logs show:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        .NET Runtime
Date:          7/27/2020 5:15:01 PM
Event ID:      1026
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Erebus
Description:
Application: LaunchBox.exe
CoreCLR Version: 4.700.20.26901
.NET Core Version: 3.1.6
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.IOException: Unable to create junction point 'E:\LaunchBox\LBThemes' -> 'E:\LaunchBox\Core\LBThemes'.
 ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070000): The operation completed successfully. (0x80070000)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.DirectoryJunction.yIE3DlqkhW(Object  )
   at QZ7GQDfgVYFXs8QLUd.f1sYZj7qi(String value, QZ7GQDfgVYFXs8QLUd )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.DirectoryJunction.Create(String sourceDir, String targetDir, Boolean overwrite)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.App.N33uXYKyWWkqr93nMH(Object , Object , Boolean )

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-07-28T00:15:01.5053356Z" />
    <EventRecordID>3304</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Erebus</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Application: LaunchBox.exe
CoreCLR Version: 4.700.20.26901
.NET Core Version: 3.1.6
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.IOException: Unable to create junction point 'E:\LaunchBox\LBThemes' -> 'E:\LaunchBox\Core\LBThemes'.
 ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070000): The operation completed successfully. (0x80070000)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.DirectoryJunction.yIE3DlqkhW(Object  )
   at QZ7GQDfgVYFXs8QLUd.f1sYZj7qi(String value, QZ7GQDfgVYFXs8QLUd )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.DirectoryJunction.Create(String sourceDir, String targetDir, Boolean overwrite)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.App.N33uXYKyWWkqr93nMH(Object , Object , Boolean )
</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

16 minutes ago, Retrofrogg said:

Odd, BitDefender blocks the latest beta as ransomware. 

Capture.PNG

I disabled Bitdefender but Launchbox won't load - perhaps it didn't like being interrupted during the install process. 

Beta releases often get flagged by shitty antivirus programs, thats nothing new.