LaunchBox Community Forums

11.7 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

Anyone else not having the Clear Logos showing up in the listings? I cleared the Cache and tried BigBox again to only see some did show up in a few Platforms, but for others it still doesn't. Even games that don't have a Clear Logo aren't even showing the name in text. I refreshed the Images too, and that didn't work either. I plan to restart my Laptop after this post and try BigBox again in hopes it'll get better. Things seem slower tooimage.thumb.png.a029fb4d3152382958ded6070c766ee3.png

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

Unfortunately this means that you were using a pirated or shared license. You can fix this by buying a legitimate license and replacing the one in the Launchbox folder.

Does this happen when you use it more than one device? I have my license on my Laptop, GPD Win, and soon to be ThinkCentre along with my Wife's Laptop. I just wanna know so that I don't have problems later on.

3 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

Anyone else not having the Clear Logos showing up in the listings? I cleared the Cache and tried BigBox again to only see some did show up in a few Platforms, but for others it still doesn't. Even games that don't have a Clear Logo aren't even showing the name in text. I refreshed the Images too, and that didn't work either. I plan to restart my Laptop after this post and try BigBox again in hopes it'll get better. Things seem slower tooimage.thumb.png.a029fb4d3152382958ded6070c766ee3.png

Working fine here.

723916555_Screenshot(36).thumb.png.30ff4b8acdf7081d39e91d52d47f1a76.png941516178_Screenshot(37).thumb.png.a08a9f6fca483913fe34634f18088ebf.png

4 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

Does this happen when you use it more than one device? I have my license on my Laptop, GPD Win, and soon to be ThinkCentre along with my Wife's Laptop. I just wanna know so that I don't have problems later on.

I've purchased 2 licenses for myself for the same reason. I've had the same one on two machines in the house at the same time (never swapped in the second license), and I've never experienced any problem.

1 minute ago, GreenGriffon said:

I've purchased 2 licenses for myself for the same reason. I've had the same one on two machines in the house at the same time (never swapped in the second license), and I've never experienced any problem.

Just to clarify, you only need to purchase one license, and you can install it on as many machines as you own. The licenses that get banned for new versions are just the licenses that are distributed freely online.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, angelobodetti said:

Did you ever get around to fixing the symbolic link issue with external exfat drives? 

The issue has been fixed as much as possible (and as much as it will be). *Most* themes have been fixed for that scenario, but not all themes. We still do not recommend using the exFAT file system when running LaunchBox from an external drive. It's much better to use NTFS.

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

Just to clarify, you only need to purchase one license, and you can install it on as many machines as you own. The licenses that get banned for new versions are just the licenses that are distributed freely online.

Good to know I didn't violate anything then. Thanks for clearing that up @Jason Carr

34 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Working fine here.

723916555_Screenshot(36).thumb.png.30ff4b8acdf7081d39e91d52d47f1a76.png941516178_Screenshot(37).thumb.png.a08a9f6fca483913fe34634f18088ebf.png

Turns out Windows 10 had another Update, and is why things seemed to be slowing down. Doesn't help the Laptop is on for days on end too. After Restarting it fixed it

UPDATE: Actually, it seems that didn't fix it either. I came back to Game Boy where I left off for all the Clear Logos to show up, but when I went to SEGA 32X I see nothing with the Clear Logos. Not sure what makes it happen, and why it works later for ones that didn't before.

Gonna be crazy if I have to land on a Platform that doesn't show the Clear Logos just to exit out of BigBox and go back in each time just for it all to show up

Edited by RULLUR

25 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Thanks Jason. I picked up two licenses to keep my conscience clear and to support development ?

• Like 1
  • Game On 1

I'm using 11.6:

I'm going through my Atari ST platform and noticed that Warlock and Warlock's Quest are having an issue where all the images name Warlock are also appearing in Warlock's Quest but not the other way around.

Example: Warlock is showing the box front image Warlock-01.png but Warlock's Quest is showing the Box Front from Warlock-01.png and Warlock_s Quest-01.png

Why is Warlock's Quest doing this?

Edited by mcfilmmakers

On 9/26/2020 at 9:15 AM, RULLUR said:

I've noticed my wheel has been disappearing as well after letting BigBox run all day. This just started with 11.6. Wasn't sure if it was my theme, or maybe a recent update with the Community Theme Creator that I edited my theme with, or maybe the last Launchbox update. Sorry, I'm not much help narrowing it down, LOL. Just reporting.

On 9/26/2020 at 9:15 AM, RULLUR said:

49 minutes ago, JaysArcade said:

I've noticed my wheel has been disappearing as well after letting BigBox run all day. This just started with 11.6. Wasn't sure if it was my theme, or maybe a recent update with the Community Theme Creator that I edited my theme with, or maybe the last Launchbox update. Sorry, I'm not much help narrowing it down, LOL. Just reporting.

I'm pretty sure I have this fixed (the disappearing wheel issue) for the next beta. Should be out later today.

On 9/28/2020 at 11:23 AM, Just001Kim said:

FYI, Just tried the Theme Demo in BB to see if the external HDD EXFat would give problems with the new function.

Seems it's the same as some time ago with the theme settings. I'l leave the picture of the full error.

Theme-demo-bigbox.png

This should be fixed for the new beta as well (should at least work as well as themes on exFAT work elsewhere).

• Thanks 1

On 9/27/2020 at 6:53 AM, Cauptain said:

The AUDIT tool is still broken.

It does not copy headers, making this function virtually unused.

Claudio

There's more to the Audit screen than just copying and pasting into Excel. But we'll look to see if .NET provides any kind of a solution for this.

On 9/28/2020 at 8:05 PM, mcfilmmakers said:

I'm using 11.6:

I'm going through my Atari ST platform and noticed that Warlock and Warlock's Quest are having an issue where all the images name Warlock are also appearing in Warlock's Quest but not the other way around.

Example: Warlock is showing the box front image Warlock-01.png but Warlock's Quest is showing the Box Front from Warlock-01.png and Warlock_s Quest-01.png

Why is Warlock's Quest doing this?

We'll look into this and see if we can reproduce.