LaunchBox Community Forums

12.2 Beta Testing

faeran

For me, all my autopopulate playlists doesn't refresh.
The games from the list, are those from the init.
And if I want to access to the list of games in the playlist edit option, the app freeze every time...

By  the way, the Ascendant and Descendant sorting is a good idea, but it reverses the tittle sorting to.
It would be more useful if it can apply to multiple fields, not just only one.

Edited by PixelDragon

On 11/3/2021 at 2:28 PM, faeran said:

Beta 5 is out with the following changes:

• Fixed: Corrected logic in the IBigBoxMainViewModel.ShowGames(FilterType, Name) function (for plugin developers)
  •  

On 11/3/2021 at 2:34 PM, C-Beats said:

@Fry You mind confirming this for me?

@C-Beats

I'm still seeing a (slightly different) issue when trying to show playlists using IBigBoxMainViewModel.ShowGames.  I'm not sure if there's something on my end that's going wrong when trying to show a playlist?  I've updated to latest beta 12.2-beta-6.  When I supply a filter value of a playlist name, previously the screen was going black and BigBox seemed to hang.  That's not happening now with the latest beta.  But I'm getting an empty list now with "no games were found".  I tried with all of my playlist names.  Maybe I need to give a playlist guid or something?  

My playlists that I'm testing with: 

image.thumb.png.ee13fb4416196af07887d78db3ff686c.png

Sample code - I put in a little hacky cycle so I can test each of my playlist names: 

image.thumb.png.798d135d42dec014829ddec3d07165ce.png

Result: 

image.thumb.png.39b6a051fe1ada6f1ea5cc3e73a5711a.png 

Anything I may be missing or screwing up on my end?  Thanks again for your attention on this and all your hard work!  Really appreciated!

FYI - The related issue that I reported with ShowGames where I provide a platform name and it shows all games regardless of platform is resolved.  If I supply the filter value of "Sega Genesis", that's working great now.  

Edited by Fry

40 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

@Fry You need to make sure you are passing the playlist's unique name NOT it's nested name. If you go to Add/Edit Playlist window it is the first field. Unique names must be unique, nested names do not, which is why we require the unique name be used.

Makes sense.  My playlist names are unique and match the unique names: 

image.thumb.png.371ff317965c528158af13a864687fe2.png

I've also tried with "Include this Playlist with Platforms" checked and also unchecked.  

While I appreciate what you're trying to do with the right-click menu cleanup, I really dislike having my additional apps hidden away under "Play version" (a description which doesn't actually even make sense in my use context). I use additional apps heavily in C64 Dreams (for things that are not necessarily alternate versions of the games) and I don't want them hidden in a sub-menu, I want to be able to see what's assigned to them immediately when right-clicking. Can we have the option to disable this auto-sorting for additional apps so that they're visible in the base right-click menu?

image.thumb.png.ab753ba4ebf673fe6d189d6818f97d0d.png

• Like 5

Hey all.

I encountered this error message when opening the "Download Platform/Playlist Theme Videos" window:

last block incomplete in decryption

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 12.2-beta-6
Type:    Org.BouncyCastle.Crypto.DataLengthException
Site:    Int32 DoFinal(Byte[], Int32)
Source:  BouncyCastle.Crypto

at Org.BouncyCastle.Crypto.Paddings.PaddedBufferedBlockCipher.DoFinal(Byte[] output, Int32 outOff)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Rijndael.Decrypt(Byte[] value, Byte[] key, Byte[] seed)
   at ParameterProxy.ValidateFocusMock(Byte[] value, Byte[] key, Byte[] seed, ParameterProxy )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Rijndael.Decrypt(String value, String key, String seed)
   at ConnectionProxy.ValidateFocusMock(String value, String key, String seed, ConnectionProxy )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Rijndael.Decrypt(String value, Guid key, Guid seed)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Forms.DownloadPlatformVideosForm.IncludeMetaProduct(Object , Guid , Guid )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Forms.DownloadPlatformVideosForm.PrintSessionMapping()
   at RefInterceptor.ForgotTransactionDescriptor(Object , RefInterceptor )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Forms.DownloadPlatformVideosForm.RemoveSessionMapping()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Recent Log:

15:50:18 Exception

EDIT: I did a new clean installation of LB 12.2 and the same window brings up this error message:

Value cannot be null. (Parameter 's')

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 12.2
Type:    System.ArgumentNullException
Site:    Byte[] FromBase64String(System.String)
Source:  System.Private.CoreLib

at System.Convert.FromBase64String(String s)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Rijndael.SetupMultipartCustomer(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Rijndael.Decrypt(String value, String key, String seed)
   at ContainerConfiguration.CollectMultipartCallback(String value, String key, String seed, ContainerConfiguration )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Rijndael.Decrypt(String value, Guid key, Guid seed)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Forms.DownloadPlatformVideosForm.SortSupportedListener(Object , Guid , Guid )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Forms.DownloadPlatformVideosForm.RestartTransactionRepository()
   at ProcPolicy.InitJmsPolicy(Object , ProcPolicy )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Forms.DownloadPlatformVideosForm.DefineTransactionRepository()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Recent Log:

11:44:35 Exception

Any Ideas?

Edited by Azgorath

1 hour ago, bbweiners said:

Hey Guys,

I've noticed that if you use the New Flow Controls with the PlatformViews that it doesn't seem to draw the objects correctly. I've attached an image.

image.thumb.png.6f32dde32e3c3cf61388a7c643c5aa0d.png

What you're seeing is z-fighting. The items are drawn in index order (left to right in your picture) and the selected item wasn't told to draw above the others so the item to the right is cutting off the border of the selected item. In your example I'd suggest using an orthographic camera and then setting a selected item offset with a positive Z value and it should correct the issue.

42 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

What you're seeing is z-fighting. The items are drawn in index order (left to right in your picture) and the selected item wasn't told to draw above the others so the item to the right is cutting off the border of the selected item. In your example I'd suggest using an orthographic camera and then setting a selected item offset with a positive Z value and it should correct the issue.

I tried messing around with the itemZposition and it didn't change anything.

I have multiple WallViews that use the same FlowControl settings and they don't have this issue. It only seems to affect the Platform/Filters views.

The other thing to notice is the black border that is on the left and right sides of the FlowControl images that are being used. That also is not an issue using WallViews.

A

11 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

I'd start another thread about this issue and post your XAML. This isn't related to beta and sounds like you have something going on with the XAML because you shouldn't see the black unless you put it in the FlowContext.

Alright. I thought this could be related to updates to FlowControl.

On 11/7/2021 at 3:57 PM, Zombeaver said:

While I appreciate what you're trying to do with the right-click menu cleanup, I really dislike having my additional apps hidden away under "Play version" (a description which doesn't actually even make sense in my use context). I use additional apps heavily in C64 Dreams (for things that are not necessarily alternate versions of the games) and I don't want them hidden in a sub-menu, I want to be able to see what's assigned to them immediately when right-clicking. Can we have the option to disable this auto-sorting for additional apps so that they're visible in the base right-click menu?

image.thumb.png.ab753ba4ebf673fe6d189d6818f97d0d.png

I just installed 12.2 and I also work with a lot of additional apps.
As much as I appreciate the new menus, for additional apps I'd prefer the option to see them listed directly in the rightclick menu instead of a sub-category.

Edited by lexx
  • Like 1