LaunchBox Community Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hi all. I'm so impressed with this project and the project over at Emu movies that I knew I had to become a subscriber to both. I've developed the OCD itch to perfect my libraries to my liking and this issue is really a sore point right now. I'm currently having an issue with 5 Gamecube games. They are all Zelda Titles and I am almost certain Emumovies has content for them. For some reason when I try to download videos for them, I get the message "Game was Not Found at Emu Movies". I'm almost certain they have them given the popularity. I can't tell what is wrong here. The metadata is found in Launch box and pictures are downloaded without issue. Has anyone had this issue before? Edit: I was able to fix this manually with information from another thread. Rename the games to: "Legend of Zelda, The - Twilight Princess" and Emumovies should find it. Kinda annoying. I wonder if other games are having issues related to this and I won't be able to fix it. If there's a better fix that can help identify and correct other games in my library because I'm sure they are hiding please let me know.
  3. Today
  4. I have an issue where the name of the console is too large and covers up menu options on the right side. This is happening on GBA also. My monitor is 2560x1440 if that is what's making the issue?
  5. I happily dropped it. Enough time invested between controllers, media, metadata, updating emulators, taming windows, and keeping up with launchbox updates. Besides, retroarch keeps getting better. Just switched all my Scummvm games!
  6. So i guess there is no way to force 90 fps, by any chance can this get added at some point?
  7. Yesterday
  8. If you want bezels for every system you still will have to keep using RL anyway LB isn't getting bezel support
  9. Hey @viking looking forward to see what you're putting together. I'm pretty sure you'll need a converter to do this. Using data triggers would work, but it would lead to very messy repetitive xaml and not the clean centralized code you're trying to write. I cannot think of a clean, xaml-only way to do this (maybe someone else can). This example from stackoverflow looks promising; you can define stuff in an xaml resource file like you want. You would need to code a converter, however would be a pretty simple piece of code. https://stackoverflow.com/a/20280045 Then your xaml view file would say something like this: <UserControl xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation" xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"> <UserControl.Resources> <ResourceDictionary> <ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries> <ResourceDictionary Source="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/VikingsCoolTheme/Views/Styles/Colorful.xaml" /> </ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries> </ResourceDictionary> </UserControl.Resources> <Canvas Name="Canvas"> ... <TextBlock Text="My colorful text" Foreground="{Binding ActivePlatform.Name, Converter={StaticResource PlatformColorConverter}}" /> ... </Canvas> </UserControl> Your xaml resource file Colorful.xaml would look something like this: <ResourceDictionary xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation" xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml" xmlns:colorful="clr-namespace:Viking.Colorful;assembly=Viking.Colorful"> ... <colorful:PlatformColorConverter x:Key="PlatformColorConverter" /> ... <SolidColorBrush x:Key="Color_Atari 2600" Color="Red" /> <SolidColorBrush x:Key="Color_Atari 5200" Color="Blue" /> ... </ResourceDictionary> You would place the Viking.Colorful.dll (which defines the converter) in the theme's Plugins directory. I've not tested any of this and might have made some typos, but something like it should work. P.s. The stackoverflow solution will need some tweaking since you won't be adding your color definitions to the App.xaml but rather a separate xaml file. You'd have to reference that xaml file specifically, but I'm sure it could be done.
  10. Make sure you have your platform names matching, the platform name in LB and in the Associated Platforms in the Edit Emulator window needs to be named the same. Also make sure you have the correct core selected in the Associated Platforms.
  11. it works fine when try play in retroarch but when i tr play with launchbox it fails can u teamviewer bro if no hassle
  12. This will be down to the individual games and whether or not they record hi scores, and whether or not the original cartridge had a way to save scores/save games onto the carts, not all did.
  13. I am also one of them who dropped Rocketlauncher completely. this tool was a mess in combination with lack of updates in the past years.
  14. depend on the emulator and the game if Highscores are saveable or not.
  15. I like bezels, but Retroarch and MAME cover most of the systems i emulate with there built in bezel support.
  16. Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there anyway I can save highscores on every platform? highscores save within mame but not any of the others? Beating highscores are a very important aspect to retro games in my opinion.
  17. *update* Now improved with a full clear logo set! 😃 see it here Future Pinball Starter Kit (this is an edited and updated version so replace your old files with these) add your unzipped tables from http://www.pinsimdb.org/ to Launchbox/Emulators/Future Pinball/Tables top 30 Future Pinball Build 2.3gb
  18. Yup, and like I said, lots of other users are in the same boat.
  19. That's a legit reason but I would suggest to give the first DonPachi a try, it's relatively accessible. Deathsmiles isn't terribly difficult either, I can get through the first 3 or sometimes 4 levels without dying, after that though is where it starts to mug me for my quarters. To be fair to the Cave games though, they do tend to have a "gimmick" that when properly used you can get through those "impossible" spots.
  20. I don't like Cave shmups either. Not because they lack substance - they're just too damn hard 😛
  21. Well then your a happy camper
  22. No but that is not something I care about.
  23. Oh wow! So LaunchBox has full bezel support?
  24. Sure, lots of us never used it at all with Launchbox.
  25. Has anybody here dropped RocketetLauncher completely? I figure with these new updates we can soon drop it.
  26. I know, that's why I get tempted more and more to ship you one. 🤣 I am here for the long haul with Launchbox so I never really fuss about things.
  1. Load more activity