LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

23 hours ago, CriticalCid said:

Hey Jason. I’m just testing the new Selected.Game options and noticed two things:

1. RealeaseYear doesn’t seem to work

2. Is there a way to show the right banner of the rating and not only just the value?

So I’ve tested ReleaseDate as well and it shows it as date (in simple MM/DD/YEAR format) + time. I think it would be really nice if there would be some properties for the date format because the time is in this case really unnecessary and the option to use the same format as in the standard details view would be handy as well.

This could also solve the ReleaseYear problem if it would be also possible to just set the ReleaseDate format to year only.

5 hours ago, RetroArcade said:

Updated to latest beta. For some reason a multitude of my systems paths that were set were reverted back to the default paths. Bummer

By system paths what do you mean? Are you referring to the core setups for retroarch? I'm unsure as to what default system paths you mean here.

6 minutes ago, polymorph77 said:

@RetroArcade

Yeah me to, just spent the last hour or so resetting up retroarch. Manually adding cores and associating all my systems again. Bit of a pain.

I just updated and checked my RA cores and none of them changed thankfully that sound like a PITA what cores actually changed for you if you don't mind me asking.

@Drybonz Naturally it's easier to focus on Big Box because that's what people are most excited about right now (and also what drives sales). LaunchBox has a lot more features still currently than Big Box as well, which is another reason for the focus. I'm doing my best to implement the most-voted features on Bitbucket primarily, which are also leaning towards Big Box. There's no way I'm going to forget about LaunchBox; that would be ridiculous, but I will continue to implement the most voted tickets and the most important features first, and I don't see that many crucial features to add for LaunchBox currently. What are you hoping for us to add?

@Zombeaver The scrolling text getting cut off bugs me too, but I didn't have much luck quickly coming up with a solution that works for all monitor sizes, etc. I may just make it work best for 1080p though and adjust it some.

@CriticalCid With the release dates, you can use specific formatting codes directly in the XAML in order to display the dates differently. I think there's an example of this in the PDF, using a format of "d" or something like that. You can look up .NET date formats and that should help.

@wallmachine I'm always interested in ways to improve performance. However, I'm doubtful that Hyperspin's code would have any good ideas, to be honest, as everything is drastically different between Big Box and Hyperspin. I wish I had access to your machine in order to test specifically on your machine to determine what the problem was. Remind me what kind of performance you're seeing? I know we've back and forth on this for ages.

@RetroArcade and @polymorph77 This is still baffling me; I haven't been able to reproduce disappearing emulators or changing cores. Let me know if anyone has any more details on this.

• Like 2

Just watched the video a couple of questions.  

Does the console name have to be said specific as it is named?. 

Can the voice response  be turned off. 

Could the pc version of the Kinect or a similar non headset work?. 

Also damn I have no pc headset so can't test it. 

• Like 1

cool feature! you just gave us something we didn't even know we wanted lmao.

however, oh here iti comes xD, I would like it to actually scroll to the game you ask for instead of teleporting there. That way we don't miss all the work you put in to scrolling and all that stuff and we wont skip over the work we've been putting into it. By scroll, I mean visually show it going to what you ask for. Ya know, like attract mode does.

Edited by shinra358
  • Like 2

@ALIE Currently console names have to be said exactly, yes, but we can tweak this in the future. Yes, the voice response can be turned off in the options. No idea if a Kinect would work as a microphone; I've never tried.

@shinra358 That's a great idea, I agree that that would be nice. I need to add a "Navigate to {Game}" command. :)

Small issue. Without a head mic, I literally have to scream at the pc or get up and put my head near the screen in order for it to understand. My mic is working great because the windows voice commands works perfectly no matter how far I am for windows 7. I can't get it to do it perfectly like you did in the video. Also, choosing any option for voice recognition causes launchbox to freeze for like 3 minutes before you can do anything. I said switch to big box, and it was like 3 or 4 minutes before bigbox showed up.