LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

Lols. Derailed. I've added items to my short list to allow disabling sounds in attract mode, and also check on that clear logo not working issue. Regional sorting isn't there yet, unfortunately.

Just put out a new beta with our work from the live stream this morning, which adds untested support for LEDBlinky. We also added some options that allow for a lot more flexibility in data binding for the custom themes, and I spent the afternoon typing up 10 pages of documentation for the themes. There's a new Documentation.pdf file in the LaunchBox\Themes folder (or at least there should be after starting up Big Box with this beta).

• Like 4

Posting this error here as well as Higan's VLC thread just in case:

System.NullReferenceException: Image = Meta.Vlc.Wpf.ThreadSeparatedImage, Image.SeparateThreadDispatcher = , ThreadSeparatedImage.CommonDispatcher = System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher

at (VlcPlayer , IntPtr& , UInt32& , UInt32& , UInt32& , UInt32& , UInt32& )

at Meta.Vlc.Wpf.VlcPlayer.VideoFormatCallback(IntPtr& opaque, UInt32& chroma, UInt32& width, UInt32& height, UInt32& pitches, UInt32& lines)

This error crashed BigBox and occurred in v6.9-beta-4 in the coverflow with details theme.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sepulchre said:

Posting this error here as well as Higan's VLC thread just in case:

System.NullReferenceException: Image = Meta.Vlc.Wpf.ThreadSeparatedImage, Image.SeparateThreadDispatcher = , ThreadSeparatedImage.CommonDispatcher = System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher

at (VlcPlayer , IntPtr& , UInt32& , UInt32& , UInt32& , UInt32& , UInt32& )

at Meta.Vlc.Wpf.VlcPlayer.VideoFormatCallback(IntPtr& opaque, UInt32& chroma, UInt32& width, UInt32& height, UInt32& pitches, UInt32& lines)

This error crashed BigBox and occurred in v6.9-beta-4 in the coverflow with details theme.

I also had one as well which I posted over there.

@higan - when posting VLC related bugs - would it be prudent for us to give you theme information / and how we have our options setup? I don't know if this is necessary or not - but if a uniform list of " I need this to fix bug" can be made maybe it would help out?

@Jason Carr - does LB/BB keep a log of how we have options set if indeed this could be helpful with bug reporting for video issues?

• Like 1

Alright, another new beta is out that again focuses on custom themes. I think we should be in a good spot now with the custom themes for a while. I added a bunch more options to the FlowControl for CoverFlow and wheel variations, as well as added related documentation to the new themes documentation PDF file. It should be neat to see what people can do with the wheels now. I also fixed the issue where up and down was being used to navigate with the horizontal wheel.

That's it for now; I think we may end up working on the LaunchBox Games Database again tomorrow in the development live stream.

• Like 4

So I apparently botched the Attract Mode with beta 5 (whoops). Just put out beta 6 to fix that issue.

@CriticalCid ReleaseYear is complicated; I need to look into how it works. It's possible that it's a relic that isn't being used. If it is used, it's only populated if the full date is not available, so I can see how that would be confusing. I should probably change up the documentation there somehow.

There is a way to show the correct rating banner, but naturally it's complicated and I'll have to look at it. Added both those things to my list. :)

• Like 2

Alright, it's been quite the night. I was seeing performance issues with Attract Mode after I added all the extra custom themes options, and it took me forever to track it down, but I finally have it fixed. Beta 7 is out with the fix.

@Riffman81, yeah, I think we'll be adding that at some point. There is already an option to turn off switching between platforms, though, so that it will always just stick on whatever is selected. So you could just manually select whatever you want and it will stay there.

• Like 2

And another new beta is out. It was a very productive live stream this morning; we implemented region priorities and then finally got scrolling text working thanks to @silvusvalentine's ScrollingTextBlock control. Region priorities will allow you to prioritize the image regions to make sure that the correct region's image is shown. It will also show the correct image based on the Region field of the game.

The scrolling text is now available for the game notes, game details, filter details, and platform details. They can be turned on or disabled in the Game Details, Filter Details, and Platform Details sections in the Big Box options.

Lastly, I updated the custom themes documentation to show how to integrate the scrolling text into custom themes.

• Like 10

Hi Jason... as I've been reading over recent changelogs, it feels like development has been mostly aimed at Big Box recently.  I was wondering if you could talk about any upcoming big changes for LaunchBox... plans, goals, whatever you like.  I was just curious, as a mostly LB desktop user what direction it was headed, etc... 

Thanks for considering.

• Like 2

Woot! It works! Thanks Jason :)

One thing that I noticed (and maybe this is unavoidable) is that the bottom line in a description that's long enough to scroll always gets cut off slightly before it starts scrolling. It's always a little bit of the last line in "Horizontal Boxes with Details" view and most of the last line in "Text List with Details" and "Vertical Clear Logo Wheel" views. Is there any way for it to be cropped (or expanded) so that it only shows full characters prior to scrolling? It's not a huge deal either way. Is there an .xml or something I could edit?
Scrolling Text 1.jpg

Scrolling Text 2.jpg

19 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Alright, it's been quite the night. I was seeing performance issues with Attract Mode after I added all the extra custom themes options, and it took me forever to track it down, but I finally have it fixed. Beta 7 is out with the fix.

@Riffman81, yeah, I think we'll be adding that at some point. There is already an option to turn off switching between platforms, though, so that it will always just stick on whatever is selected. So you could just manually select whatever you want and it will stay there.

Ah, yeah somehow I missed that looking at the options in a previous build. Nice work @Jason Carr Thanks!

• Like 1