LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

@Jason Carr Figured it out was expecting the music to play per platform but it had to be named per game instead so it is working ok both indivudual tracks and .m3u.  But while music will play per platform in BigBox, Bigbox still refuses to play .m3u even if named after game scroll to game nothing same also for platforms or has .m3u to be named as platform?  I think a better explanation of the music or a tutorial for the music should be done.

@Jason Carr Apologies figured it out some more single music tracks will play one by one or by button press once set up for in Music/Background folder for platforms in BigBox.  In BigBox i had view set in Games to Coverflow no music per game in this view but in the other game views music once named after game or .m3u named after game will play after each other or by button press once set up definitely needs a tutorial of the music features, Kudos a wonderful feature once you get your head around it.

Edited by Maddoc1007

Hi!, I just update to the last beta and I notice this beavior.

When I imported my Amstrad CPC collection, for example, the scrapper recognize this three differents roms as the same game (Adidas Championship Football) in the Games DB:

- Foot.7z

- Adidas Championship Football.7z

- Pi (19xx).7z

I think it´s the first time I see this error. If I launch the same query in the Games DB it works in a different way, only match filename with the Adidas Championship Football game.

Unfortunately it's because Foot and Pi are contained within Adidas Championship Football, and since they don't have entries on their own the scraper assumed they were that, as it's trying to make guesses. The initial import is very strict, however those words are just really short and confused it. The best way to remedy this in the long run is to have someone add those entries on the LaunchBox Games Database.

• Like 1

@Jazzphone Thanks for harping at me on that; not sure how I missed it but just fixed it for the next beta.

@Maddoc1007 Yeah, the music stuff does need a tutorial and also a bit of cleanup on ease-of-use. Another thing that would help is folder support so that the m3u playlist isn't required. We'll have Brad do a tutorial after 7.0 is live.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

@Maddoc1007 Yeah, the music stuff does need a tutorial and also a bit of cleanup on ease-of-use. Another thing that would help is folder support so that the m3u playlist isn't required. We'll have Brad do a tutorial after 7.0 is live.

@Jason Carr Thanks Jason looking forward to when you add folder support to such a fantastic addition KUDOS and to a @SentaiBrad tutorial after 7.0 is live.

Question about music and folders: is it possible to associate music with different regions of a game the same way we can with images? It seems to be working with me so far, to put the music tracks for one region in a specified folder... but I also only have one copy of that game so far. Am i going to have problems when I try to add the next regional version?

@Kriven Wow, good question. That might actually work just as a side-effect of the images stuff, but I didn't build it that way on purpose so honestly I'd have to test it. See if you can give it a test.

New beta is out guys with quite a bit of new stuff. Cid's recorded Hyperspin game theme videos are now available from EmuMovies, and you can now also download them from within LaunchBox using the regular import or download wizards. I'm really excited to finally have those available for everyone. Huge thanks to @CriticalCid and @circo for finally getting them available to us despite all the red tape. There's now an option in Big Box to prioritize the theme videos over the standard game footage vids.

The Download Platform Videos screen has also been improved; it now supports EmuMovies videos (Circo is in the process of populating them all and adding more new vids). I've also hit up @Nyny77 and @viking to get their awesome videos added in as well. This should provide some amazing options for videos.

Finally, Tools > Scan for Added ROMs is now live as well. Let me know how it works for you guys, and let me know if it finds any files with file extensions that it shouldn't find (such as save states); I need a good list of file extensions that should be ignored. Let me know if anyone has a good list of those. It's still a work in progress but should work for the most part.

Oh, lastly, there are quite a few new views for Big Box that have been added as well, which should allow theme creators to create some spiffy new views to support those recorded themes. :)

Thanks all!

• Like 10

Wow sounds like some awesome progress.  Kudos!  I'm curious, will there ever be options for platform themes that do not involve hard-coded videos?  such as just having a place users can put an overlay image on top of the video, so it looks like it's playing inside of whatever is on top?  That seems to offer more flexibility than all these hard-coded videos. 

• Like 1

@Jason Carr I went ahead and gave it a test using an entirely different playlist to help differentiate between them. It looks like as long as both games have a clearly defined region, LaunchBox will play the correct region's music playlist (although in my first test I added the new regional version of the game first and had to manually specify the playlist). If only one instance of the game has a specified region, LaunchBox defaults to the .m3u located in the platform folder instead of looking at region folders.

Short answer: it works, basically. I'll have to try this with videos at some point.

@damageinc86 Absolutely; we'll get there. I currently have a video placement bug that is causing problems with exact video placement, but that is on my plate to resolve and should help to enable that kind of stuff more easily. :)

Very cool @Kriven; great to hear. It's neat when things just work even when I didn't even plan it out. :)

New beta is out guys with some really exciting stuff. @circo has added @CriticalCid's platform theme videos to EmuMovies and they are now available as "Unified" videos in the Download Platform Theme Videos dialog. I've also added @Nyny77's and @viking's videos in as well, so there are some really amazing options in there now. Even better, you can prioritize any of them that you want so it's really easy to choose whatever you want for your videos. Finally, I've added previews that will let you stream the videos to VLC to test them before downloading! Woot woot!

Check it out and let me know how it's working:

PrioritizeVideos.png

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Finally, Tools > Scan for Added ROMs is now live as well. Let me know how it works for you guys, and let me know if it finds any files with file extensions that it shouldn't find (such as save states); I need a good list of file extensions that should be ignored. Let me know if anyone has a good list of those. It's still a work in progress but should work for the most part.

Can you explain what this is please.