LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

3 minutes ago, jaythompson said:

@Jason Carr Curious if you have plans to add any more video packs from the other video creators? I know I can manually do it, just curious if you had plans to add the ability to download them directly from Launchbox.

We do, actually, yes. That came up in the live stream yesterday. We can use that same new interface to provide options for various types of videos from various people and places.

• Like 1

The videos are downloading from a completely separate server now, so in theory, they should be pretty lightning fast. Now that I see more of what's going on with the application downloads, I have some work to do to optimize those. However, let me know if anyone is seeing any download performance issues with the videos.

33 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

The videos are downloading from a completely separate server now, so in theory, they should be pretty lightning fast. Now that I see more of what's going on with the application downloads, I have some work to do to optimize those. However, let me know if anyone is seeing any download performance issues with the videos.

hmmm seems it timed out trying to download megadrive will try agen

update.. timed out agen funny how first one was fast seen to be getting around 500k a sec get to around 30meg file size then it times out

update 2 now getting full speed about 4meg a sec

update 3 seems good now took 6mins to download 17 videos

Edited by reaper595

Hey Jason, just wanna say I love bigbox and when I saw the recent demo video I updated to the beta version.

Now my platform description text is much larger than what Im seeing in your video and others screenshots. Im using the criticalzone theme as well.  Any idea why?

Video downloads are taking a few minutes each now as well.

im just downloading  latest beta and its only half way and its took 15 mins upto now its not good it needs sorting out and its froozen now its a nightmare trying to download these updates. tryed 4 times now and still no joy please sort this out.

Edited by andyco47

Hey Jason, just wanna say I love bigbox and when I saw the recent demo video I updated to the beta version.

Now my platform description text is much larger than what Im seeing in your video and others screenshots. Im using the criticalzone theme as well.  Any idea why?

Video downloads are taking a few minutes each now as well.

Try decreasing the text size in Display Settings:

http://amp.windowscentral.com/how-make-text-apps-bigger-windows-10

4 hours ago, andyco47 said:

im just downloading  latest beta and its only half way and its took 15 mins upto now its not good it needs sorting out and its froozen now its a nightmare trying to download these updates. tryed 4 times now and still no joy please sort this out.

Must be on your side. Downloaded for me with the quickness.

Hi guys, as was clearly stated above, we are working on improving the download performance for the betas and the official app downloads. We're in the process of trying some things to improve the performance. Please bear with us in the mean time. Most people are still seeing quick downloads but we are aware that they are slow for some people. No need to argue back and forth about whether there's a problem, and also no need to be all up in arms about it; we are taking care of it.

• Like 4

Have been messing around with the background music today and it is awesome!

Not sure if anyone had this problem, but if you have any album covers or JPEGs within the Background music folder, BigBox will try playing it thinking it is a music file. But what pretty much happens is that it just shows the image on your screen forever until you either close BigBox or force it go to the next track. Was able to resolve this by just removing all album cover images.

Thanks Jason! :)

Edit: NVM still get it sometimes for whatever reason. Here is a screenshot.

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

On 17/11/2016 at 5:36 PM, Jason Carr said:

@paulmichel21 Honestly I'm clueless as to why that wouldn't be working. All I can figure is it's some kind of odd bug with AutoHotkey on your machine. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful with that.

For everyone who is experiencing performance issues in Big Box, try editing the image priorities options in LaunchBox under Tools > Options. Change the priorities to only have one selected item in the list (if possible) and make sure to uncheck anything that you aren't using. @cammelspit reported that it made a big difference for him; let me know if it makes any difference for anyone else. I haven't been able to replicate any performance improvements myself, but it's worth a shot.

Is in a single program that does not work. Irocker. Jukebox

another thing. I'm trying to add xppader to a platform but I have no way. LB only allows you to add application to each game.

I need to launch xppader with a specific profile, in the emulator sega model 3.

Can you add the option?

3 hours ago, paulmichel21 said:

another thing. I'm trying to add xppader to a platform but I have no way. LB only allows you to add application to each game.

I need to launch xppader with a specific profile, in the emulator sega model 3.

Can you add the option?

Thats actually way easier if you use rocketlauncher and joy2key.  You can make a profile directly from within rocketlauncher and have it be a game profile, then you select the game from whatever system you are in, and then whenever that game is launched it will start up that exact profile for you.  

• Like 1

Like damageinc86 mentioned, joy2key does what you need. You can tell it to locate a specific file and launch a profile whenever that file is activated. For example,, you tell it to launch your SNES Control Profile whenever you open RetroArch or Higan. I use different RetroArch installs for each system (and sometimes for specific ROMs, if I have to) to get Joy2key to switch as needed. Then you just have joy2key launch when Windows starts up and never worry about manually adjusting the controls again.

Yes it does that on it's own, but if you use rocketlauncher to make the game specific profiles according to the database of the games in your rocketlauncher systems then it will launch game specific controls for you.  This is especially great with MS-DOS since there are so many different keys used for those games.

The game wheel clear logo art disappears when scrolling through games at 100ms. It seems that there is a delay with the art refreshing in BigBox or sometimes the art does not show at all after holding down to scroll. As a suggestion to mute the wheel click if holding down the scroll for 3 seconds.  

Randomly when I launch BigBox directly I will hear the startup sound but the program does not open. The process "Bigbox.exe" is listed in the task manager as open.

AMD 8350 overclocked - Sapphire 8GB RX480 OC Nitro+ - Samsung Pro SSD 250GB (Launchbox) - 2 HGST 4TB (Game Drive) - 16GB G.Skill ripjawz 1866Mhz - Version 7.0-beta-11