LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

On 2016-12-01 at 5:51 PM, Jason Carr said:

New beta is out guys with some really exciting stuff. @circo has added @CriticalCid's platform theme videos to EmuMovies and they are now available as "Unified" videos in the Download Platform Theme Videos dialog. I've also added @Nyny77's and @viking's videos in as well,... you can prioritize any of them that you want so it's really easy to choose whatever you want for your videos. Finally, I've added previews that will let you stream the videos to VLC to test them before downloading! Woot woot!

Check it out and let me know how it's working:

PrioritizeVideos.png

I wasn't certain if this was the right place to post this.

I am not sure if I am experiencing a Beta bug or just a set-up issue. (I have Launchbox and Emu Movies Premium "lifetime" Licenses.  I can use the new "Download Platform Theme Videos" Preview link for BigBox Cinematic Videos, EmuMovies Unified and Nyny77 Videos (it launches a new instance of VLC , downloads and plays the video). But when trying to Preview either Viking or any other EmuMovies Videos; VLC launches, it sits there for a while (showing the video URL at the top, black screen with pylon) and then stops (URL at the top disappear).  No crashing per se, just no video.

I do notice that LaunchBox launches a pre-packed version of VLC included in it's distribution folder and not the VLC version installed on my machine (it keeps asking to be updated, but updates the installed version, not the packed version).

Makes me wonder whether I'm missing something?  Any ideas what might be going on?

Thank you, great feature!

Thank you (I thought I was going nuts).  I guess the question still remains for Nyny77 videos, and also about the integrated VLC app.

i.e. when Launchbox runs VLC(from it's packaged version) VLC asks if it can Update, and if you do, it installs VLC natively, but LaunchBox keeps running the older packaged version.

@Jason Carr I see the changes that you made to the last Beta now make it impossible to use any coverflow image in the newly added Game Views Horizontal Wheel 1, Horizontal Wheel 2 and Horizontal Wheel 3 will now only use Clear Logo's a change that was made for one theme is this going to be the case that we can not now use the Box's in these views? i would really like an answer because i have put a lot of hard work and time and had it set up before you brought about the change that only clear logo's work now, into my new theme SciDoc and thought i would have uploaded days ago,so a final answer would be appreciated as to whether this is indeed the fact and if it is then i can make the change and finally upload my theme.

On 12/2/2016 at 5:33 PM, Maddoc1007 said:

@Jason Carr Latest beta has broken coverflow images in the new views HorizontalWheel1, HorizontalWheel2, and HorizontalWheel3, they are just showing blank with LaunchBox Logo.  I had to revert back to beta 15 and they work again.

Hi Maddoc, we adjusted those particular themes to require a hardcoded image type on the wheel tag for the theme. So you can change it to whatever you want by adding the ImageType property.

10 hours ago, websherpa said:

I wasn't certain if this was the right place to post this.

I am not sure if I am experiencing a Beta bug or just a set-up issue. (I have Launchbox and Emu Movies Premium "lifetime" Licenses.  I can use the new "Download Platform Theme Videos" Preview link for BigBox Cinematic Videos, EmuMovies Unified and Nyny77 Videos (it launches a new instance of VLC , downloads and plays the video). But when trying to Preview either Viking or any other EmuMovies Videos; VLC launches, it sits there for a while (showing the video URL at the top, black screen with pylon) and then stops (URL at the top disappear).  No crashing per se, just no video.

I do notice that LaunchBox launches a pre-packed version of VLC included in it's distribution folder and not the VLC version installed on my machine (it keeps asking to be updated, but updates the installed version, not the packed version).

Makes me wonder whether I'm missing something?  Any ideas what might be going on?

Thank you, great feature!

We just fixed the previewing for @viking's videos; they just had to be re-encoded for streaming. What EmuMovies videos are causing you problems?

New beta is out guys with basically a bunch of fixes (but also an addition or two in there):

- Updated VLC and included more files to (hopefully) resolve previews crashing for some people? Unfortunately this also significantly increases the size of the downloads. :/

- Removed EmuMovies platform downloads from importers because now it makes much more sense to do it via the new Download Platform Theme Videos dialog

- Resolved a bunch of issues with the "Scan for Added ROMs" features; this could use some significant testing

- File name is now available in Big Box

- Added support for @Nyny77's Cinematic 4K videos

- Probably more I forgot

Thanks all. :)

resuming the downloading of the hyperspin game videos causes launchbox to redownload the videos it has already downloaded.

yea tryed it with both of the options not to replace existing fields, a few times,and it still overwrites.