LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

Jason I tested the re scanning of roms.  Now it said some games weren't imported for a system that I only have the US roms and European exclusives and strangely enough came up with Japanese titles.  All different regions and revisions is in multiple sub folders that I have never pointed LB to. 

And a suggestion about the theme video's.  Could it be possible to have the option to say set all downloads to one creator's set and just hit download instead of having to set each manually  

Just tried the download everything from one creator.  So when I downloaded one set it works flawlessly but I tried to download a second set it said downloading and did the process but nothing was added to the folder.  I guess it won't download videos for system's that already has a video. 

With the old manual way what I did was make a folder for each creator in the videos folder and what I was using would be put into the main folder.  Couldn't launchbox make a folder for each set?  And maybe you could then pick like the sound sets.   And maybe mix and match from within LB :)

21 minutes ago, ALIE said:

How is the game themes from emu downloaded?  I can't figure out what box to tick. 

First of all you'll need an EmuMovies premium account and the latest LB beta.

-    Open LaunchBox, go to your Arcade Platform(s) and select all your games with CTRL+A.
-    Than go to Tools -> Download Metadata and Images.
-    Click through the wizard and deselect all media types except for "Video - Theme" on the EmuMovies media dialog.
-    Choose "Yes, but do not replace any existing fields" and let LB download all available themes for you.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

First of all you'll need an EmuMovies premium account and the latest LB beta.

-    Open LaunchBox, go to your Arcade Platform(s) and select all your games with CTRL+A.
-    Than go to Tools -> Download Metadata and Images.
-    Click through the wizard and deselect all media types except for "Video - Theme" on the EmuMovies media dialog.
-    Choose "Yes, but do not replace any existing fields" and let LB download all available themes for you.

Does this work with all themes?  Or specific enabled ones. 

Do you mean the Video Themes or Big Box themes? If you are referring to the videos than you should find theme videos for almost all arcade systems with this method. There are no videos for consoles, computers, handhelds, etc at the moment, just arcade.

If you mean Big Box themes. Yes, all Video Themes will work with all Big Box themes. But depending on the theme/view they won't look right or be too small. You may want to use themes which have a view that features huge gameplay videos without stretching them.

Btw. I have just updated my own theme with 2 additional views which were designed for these Video Themes ;)

• Like 4

Yes, when you want to download them comfortable and simple through LaunchBox you'll need an EmuMovies premium membership. But the video themes are also coming for free users to the EmuMovies website next week. But as free user you’ll have a daily 1.5GB download limit so you’ll probably need 1 or 2 weeks until you have everything downloaded.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

But the video themes are also coming for free users to the EmuMovies website next week. But as free user you’ll have a daily 1.5GB download limit so you’ll probably need 1 or 2 weeks until you have everything downloaded.

That's actually pretty cool to me. I have a limited number of arcade titles, mostly emulate consoles. I enjoy the piecemeal approach so 1.5gb is more than plenty.  I almost feel bad trying to be cheap but on the other side, aside from LB premium,  I try to upload and give back to the LB database where I can with clear logos. 

Edited by ThePolish