LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

1 hour ago, Maddoc1007 said:

@Jason Carr I see the changes that you made to the last Beta now make it impossible to use any coverflow image in the newly added Game Views Horizontal Wheel 1, Horizontal Wheel 2 and Horizontal Wheel 3 will now only use Clear Logo's a change that was made for one theme is this going to be the case that we can not now use the Box's in these views? i would really like an answer because i have put a lot of hard work and time and had it set up before you brought about the change that only clear logo's work now, into my new theme SciDoc and thought i would have uploaded days ago,so a final answer would be appreciated as to whether this is indeed the fact and if it is then i can make the change and finally upload my theme.

Hi @Maddoc1007, you see that wrong because it was the other way around. You could only use 2D Boxes for the CoverFlow element in these views in Beta-15 because CoverFlow ignored any other image type you have set in the properties. You now can/have to set the CoverFlow to any image type you want. If you want 2D boxes you have to change the image type to ImageType="Boxes"

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

We just fixed the previewing for @viking's videos; they just had to be re-encoded for streaming. What EmuMovies videos are causing you problems?

You launch new Betas faster than I can test, lol!  But in case the most recent doesn't take care of it:

After latest LaunchBox Beta release:

All EmuMovies that aren't "Unified" themes won't play for me in preview.  VLC (2.2.2) launches, the URL shows at the top, screen remains blank .... long download wait, and then URL disappears from top (VLC window remains open). Video doesn't play (all other previews work for me and stream video almost immediately).

URL for EmuMovies that won't run starts with: api.gamesdbase.com/ 

All other videos launch and preview as expected except that you must close their windows before playing an additional preview as launching a new preview doesn't close the prior instance of VLC

VLC has now reverted to v 2.2.2 Weathermax whereas most recent version is 2.2.4 (which contains security updates).  So far after taking out my natively installed VLC it hasn't asked me to update VLC, but I suspect it will (and when it does, it will install it natively on my hard drive's program folder BUT LaunchBox will continue to run the version in it's folder and thus trigger a circle of requests to update).  

P.S. Removing the VLC folder from Launchbox and then restarting Launchbox re-installs the older 2.2.2 version of the VLC and runs it from the local folder instead of natively from the updated version installed on the system (and the EmuMovies non-Unified videos still won't play for me).

8 minutes ago, websherpa said:

You launch new Betas faster than I can test, lol!  But in case the most recent doesn't take care of it:

After latest LaunchBox Beta release:

All EmuMovies that aren't "Unified" themes won't play for me in preview.  VLC (2.2.2) launches, the URL shows at the top, screen remains blank .... long download wait, and then URL disappears from top (VLC window remains open). Video doesn't play (all other previews work for me and stream video almost immediately).

URL for EmuMovies that won't run starts with: api.gamesdbase.com/ 

All other videos launch and preview as expected except that you must close their windows before playing an additional preview as launching a new preview doesn't close the prior instance of VLC

VLC has now reverted to v 2.2.2 Weathermax whereas most recent version is 2.2.4 (which contains security updates).  So far after taking out my natively installed VLC it hasn't asked me to update VLC, but I suspect it will (and when it does, it will install it natively on my hard drive's program folder BUT LaunchBox will continue to run the version in it's folder and thus trigger a circle of requests to update).  

The fix I just put in was to fix VLC crashing, which was a separate issue. @viking's videos should now stream fine though. When I test the EmuMovies vids, all of the EM Default and Unified vids seem to stream fine, but I am seeing issues with the Parallax and some of the other new Arcade options videos. I've let Circo know about these.

I'll see if I can update to the latest version of VLC before release. It's only the Preview functionality that actually runs an instance of VLC, so we may end up integrating it better in the future (to prevent update prompts, etc.). As it stands, though, honestly that's about the least important thing on my plate. ;) 

8 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

@Jason Carr, just to add, I have just been messing about in bigbox and video switching is much quicker and smoother for me now also, so that's a lovely side effect. :) 

Ha, odd. We didn't really change anything that should have any effect on Big Box itself (only changed the Previews). But I'll take it. ;)

42 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

When I test the EmuMovies vids, all of the EM Default and Unified vids seem to stream fine, but I am seeing issues with the Parallax and some of the other new Arcade options videos. I've let Circo know about these.

Odd then that I can't preview only the EmuMovies that are the non-Unified versions.  It seems to find the files (the pause I am experiencing is likely them downloading and I have an exceedingly fast connection), but they never begin to play for me.  All of the other videos (for the Arcade Emulator that is) work find.

1 hour ago, CriticalCid said:

Hi @Maddoc1007, you see that wrong because it was the other way around. You could only use 2D Boxes for the CoverFlow element in these views in Beta-15 because CoverFlow ignored any other image type you have set in the properties. You now can/have to set the CoverFlow to any image type you want. If you want 2D boxes you have to change the image type to ImageType="Boxes"

@CriticalCid That's not the case the command was Box, coverFlow:FlowControl x:Name="FlowControl" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Grid.Row="7" Grid.RowSpan="4" CoverFactory="{Binding CoverFactory}" ImageType="Box" This then would use what ever image you had set for that particular platform in LaunchBox see screenshots of beta 15 with both my own 3d boxes and Boxes that beta 16 then broke, but thank you and @Jason Carr for letting me know that it is now hardcoded to the image type ie Boxes, 3D Boxes etc. which works out equally as well.

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Big Box should already show the completed icon if a game is completed, but I do still have it on my list to add a Mark Completed option. :)

How does BB know when we've finished a game? I finished Super Mario World recently and it didn't show up as completed.

Not sure if anyone else has come across this or not, but I put some of James Baker's Nintendo Wii game theme videos in Videos>Nintendo Wii>Theme and although they load fine in BigBox, I'm unable to view them full screen. Only happens to videos placed inside the theme folder, all others can be viewed full screen without issue. Using VLC and haven't tested with WMP.

@OmenBoyunless you go into LB yourself and mark the game complete then LB won't know that you completed it since it is only a launcher it doesn't have the ability to know if you completed a game shit most of the emulators that you play the games on wouldn't know if you completed the game on them or not probably.

8 minutes ago, SentaiBrad said:

LaunchBox and Big Box can know you "played" game the game, that number only changes by the amount of times you open a game, but complete is totally different. @DOS76 is correct, that would be extremely hard to do, so that's something that would need to to be manually checked off.

I never thought about this until yesterday when I completely cleared wave race 64, (not for the first time!) and thought about the completed logo, there is one I believe? but there is no checkbox for it. I have the pre play menu switched off but can look at it with my select button when on a game. I can favorite, or mark broken, but can't mark completed.