LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

1 minute ago, SentaiBrad said:

Are you talking about in Big Box? I can see the check box when I edit a game in LB, but it does seem to be missing from Big Box. It might have just been an oversight by @Jason Carr, or it's in a different menu. Show Complete in the Game Details BB menu is not there either.

Yeah, sorry Brad. BigBox.

@SentaiBrad, its a silly little thing I know, but I like being told I'm doing well!! Achievements I like as well,( great vid by the way, I now achieve). so just a checkbox in big box would be lovely, cause I'm slowly also checking off some of my favorite arcade games of all time, and starting to lose track of which is which.

On 12/6/2016 at 10:58 PM, Riffman81 said:

Not sure if anyone else has come across this or not, but I put some of James Baker's Nintendo Wii game theme videos in Videos>Nintendo Wii>Theme and although they load fine in BigBox, I'm unable to view them full screen. Only happens to videos placed inside the theme folder, all others can be viewed full screen without issue. Using VLC and haven't tested with WMP.

Good to know. I think this might be happening because we have an issue with the fullscreen videos always using WMP. Will look into it. :)

7 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

I have the Mark Game Completed option on my short list. :)

New beta is out guys with various fixes all around, some threading improvements for Big Box, and finally added the Scan for Removed Games feature under the Tools menu. Let me know how it works for y'all. :)

The Scan for Removed Games feature was exactly what I needed right now. I've just updated a ROM set (which means adding, deleting and renaming files).

"Scan for Removed Roms" combined with "Scan for Added Roms" works just as expected.

I noticed that you should run "Scan for Removed Roms" before "Scan for Added Roms" (when files have been renamed). "Scan for Added Roms" can't add a new ROM file if it matches a Title in LB that already exist.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Tengo la opción Completo juego de marca en mi lista corta. :)

Nueva beta está fuera chicos con diversas correcciones de todo, algunas mejoras de roscado para Big Box, y finalmente añadió el escaneo de Función eliminada de juegos en el menú Herramientas. Déjame saber cómo funciona para todos ustedes.:)

hi Jason,

In bigbox, it will be possible to change the exit option, for the option to turn off when it is locked with pin? Because I currently only start the machine without explorer.exe. Only with bigbox, but on leaving the screen is black and nothing has to force the shutdown. Could you change or add? Thanks for this amazing job  

4 hours ago, Norfair said:

The Scan for Removed Games feature was exactly what I needed right now. I've just updated a ROM set (which means adding, deleting and renaming files).

"Scan for Removed Roms" combined with "Scan for Added Roms" works just as expected.

I noticed that you should run "Scan for Removed Roms" before "Scan for Added Roms" (when files have been renamed). "Scan for Added Roms" can't add a new ROM file if it matches a Title in LB that already exist.

Is there an "Scan for Updated ROMs" function?  If not, perhaps that should be built in (by file creation date compare), or it should replace duplicate Roms by default (perhaps with a warning dialogue) as presumably if you are scanning for new roms, then you want to replace your old Rom set if it exists. (Just a noobie thought.)

12 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

I have the Mark Game Completed option on my short list. :)

New beta is out guys with various fixes all around, some threading improvements for Big Box, and finally added the Scan for Removed Games feature under the Tools menu. Let me know how it works for y'all. :)

Just tested this - seemed to work perfectly.  I was swapping out a ROM collection for an entire platform.  Removed the ROM directory first (outside of LB), ran the "Scan for removed games" feature and 'poof' - the whole platform was gone.   Looks like its working as intended. :)

• Like 1

On the last beta it's impossible to redownload metadata and images.

Example Have add a Neo geo system and I want to add video theme but it's impossible to use a second time the "download metadata and images" .

Edit: I find the solution scrap to arcade system for Neo geo not for Neo geo mvs

Edited by salyangel

13 hours ago, paulmichel21 said:

hi Jason,

In bigbox, it will be possible to change the exit option, for the option to turn off when it is locked with pin? Because I currently only start the machine without explorer.exe. Only with bigbox, but on leaving the screen is black and nothing has to force the shutdown. Could you change or add? Thanks for this amazing job  

Hi @paulmichel21, you can already do this I believe. Check the Security options in Big Box.

13 hours ago, websherpa said:

Is there an "Scan for Updated ROMs" function?  If not, perhaps that should be built in (by file creation date compare), or it should replace duplicate Roms by default (perhaps with a warning dialogue) as presumably if you are scanning for new roms, then you want to replace your old Rom set if it exists. (Just a noobie thought.)

Hi @websherpa, I'm confused how that would be different than just scanning for removed and added ROMs. Can you explain?

45 minutes ago, salyangel said:

On the last beta it's impossible to redownload metadata and images.

Example Have add a Neo geo system and I want to add video theme but it's impossible to use a second time the "download metadata and images" .

Edit: I find the solution scrap to arcade system for Neo geo not for Neo geo mvs

Hi @salyangel, I'm completely lost here. How is it impossible?

Alright guys, new beta is out. Just added the last new feature that I plan to add before the official 7.0 release. You can now download James Baker's Big Box Cinematix themes for *games* now as well using the wizards and the edit dialog. So there are now two choices for game theme videos: the EmuMovies ones from @CriticalCid, and the Big Box Cinematix videos from @BakerMan. Let me know if you run into any bugs with that stuff.

Obviously, Baker's themes are a lot of work, so selection is still fairly slim for those, so don't expect broad coverage out of the gate. He's working on platform theme videos primarily first and then he'll work on adding more game videos. :)

Finally, we had some reports of some performance degradation specific to 7.0-beta-19 (the last beta before this one). I'm curious to know if anyone else noticed (I received two reports about it on Bitbucket) and then also if this latest beta fixes it. Thanks all. :)

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Alright guys, new beta is out. Just added the last new feature that I plan to add before the official 7.0 release. You can now download James Baker's Big Box Cinematix themes for *games* now as well using the wizards and the edit dialog. So there are now two choices for game theme videos: the EmuMovies ones from @CriticalCid, and the Big Box Cinematix videos from @BakerMan. Let me know if you run into any bugs with that stuff.

Obviously, Baker's themes are a lot of work, so selection is still fairly slim for those, so don't expect broad coverage out of the gate. He's working on platform theme videos primarily first and then he'll work on adding more game videos. :)

Finally, we had some reports of some performance degradation specific to 7.0-beta-19 (the last beta before this one). I'm curious to know if anyone else noticed (I received two reports about it on Bitbucket) and then also if this latest beta fixes it. Thanks all. :)

I think I felt some performance slow down.  But my PC has been declining the last few months and I have been feeling launchbox slowing down in this period.   Especially going from options back to system menu takes about a minute or so.   But  I figured most was do to my pc 

Edited by ALIE

@Jason Carr Degradation is minimal i think it may have to do with the fact that device images are momentarily flashing onscreen before the video pops in, in the platform and the game views but its so quick i couldn't get a screenshot of it, I've only noticed this on beta 19 and the newest one now.  also KUDOS 30 second download of the beta in IRELAND when it normally takes a few minutes.

@Jason Carr it appears with this beta and the last beta the platform wheel images/logos on the main screen don't load until you press up or down to change them.

It is a little hard to explain, but it happens on all themes that has the vertical platform wheel, included the default theme.

Edited by Jazzphone

3 minutes ago, Jazzphone said:

@Jason Carr it appears with this beta and the last beta the platform wheel images/logos on the main screen don't load until you press up or down to change them.

It is a little hard to explain, but it happens on all themes that has the vertical platform wheel, included the default theme.

I can confirm this as well on both the last and current beta, On both my laptop and htpc the platform wheel images don't show till you press up or down.