LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Yeah bear with me, just thinking out loud, as I say runs fine off usb. your specs are much higher than mine also so.

@neil9000 I wish I could try someone else large collection (hint hint @cammelspit) like Jason did on the live stream Monday and see how it runs on my cab. 

If someone wants to volunteer, I would first suggest to clear his/her emumovies info from the xml. 

The latest two updates seem to have broken VLC playback in Big Box mode for me. There's an incredible amount of audio desync going on that never used to be there. At one point Big Box just kind of gave up loading videos at all until I quit that session. Additionally, clear logos are taking ages to load, and sometimes refusing to show up at all.

I'm not on the latest beta and experiencing the same issues. I'm using the Minimal AO theme... maybe it isn't compatible?

@Pacman56 i dont know much about this but i assume your problem is down to other software you have on your system causing the problem? U have slightly better PC specs then i do but my performance is alot better then the performance you say you have. I was having slow load up times a while ago, i went into task manager and end task alot of software... utorrent, itunes and alot more. Anyway i eventually put a fresh install on my PC as it as due 1 anyway and now its super fast.

Finger crossed it stays that way lol

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Porl Hendy said:

i dont know much about this but i assume your problem is down to other software you have on your system causing the problem? U have slightly better PC specs then i do but my performance is alot better then the performance you say you have. I was having slow load up times a while ago, i went into task manager and end task alot of software... utorrent, itunes and alot more. Anyway i eventually put a fresh install on my PC as it as due 1 anyway and now its super fast.

Thank a lot @Porl Hendy. I think is time for me to format and reinstall OS. Windows 10 this time.

I must say, this community is really helpful!

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Alright guys, new beta is out with a bunch more performance improvements, this time for LaunchBox bulk edits, deletes, and game populations, which pretty much affects all of LaunchBox.

Also fixed some various bugs, but most notably issues where games were not being deleted properly (and would remain in the collection on a restart). This was mostly happening when deleting entire platforms and deleting games that did not have a platform attached.

This beta also now includes @CriticalCid's CriticalZone theme in the default install.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, cammelspit said:

ell, I haven't finished adding the 3000 or so more DS roms from this morning yet, still building and renaming them and other sets but here is my 51K+ Collection as it stands right now if you wanna try.

Thank you @cammelspit 

That will really help but right now, it looks like my system may be at fault. Your Data folder will help confirm that.

You guys are awesome!

2 hours ago, Kriven said:

The latest two updates seem to have broken VLC playback in Big Box mode for me. There's an incredible amount of audio desync going on that never used to be there. At one point Big Box just kind of gave up loading videos at all until I quit that session. Additionally, clear logos are taking ages to load, and sometimes refusing to show up at all.

I'm not on the latest beta and experiencing the same issues. I'm using the Minimal AO theme... maybe it isn't compatible?

Try deleting your VLC folder, @Kriven. It may be that VLC got corrupted because we were trying some different versions with the betas. Let me know if that fixes anything. The VLC folder should be re-created on startup.

• Like 1

So, it seems that the number of displayed games vs the number of total games is no longer reflecting accurate numbers. It says it is displaying 51,584 out of 51,335 games. Of course, this is not possible for it to be displaying more games that there is total. I snapped a pic for you just in because.

Screenshot_(26).png

• Like 1

So it's been a relatively difficult evening, guys. It was pointed out to us that we were in violation of the GPL with our use of AutoHotkey. Unfortunately I've had to immediately remove it and a new beta is out that does not contain AutoHotkey. We're in no legal trouble (which is what we're ultimately avoiding). I've also gone through every single other library we're using with a fine-toothed comb to confirm that we don't have any more of these issues.

Unfortunately for now it means that I've had to remove the AutoHotkey functionality. By default, the only functionality this was providing was to ensure that the Escape key worked to close certain emulators. However, you were of course able to tweak the AutoHotkey scripts, and that custom functionality has now been removed. I will be working to add similar features back in very soon.