LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

7 hours ago, Magical Kingdom said:

Thanks for all of your hard work, Jason. Keep it up! :)

Sorry to go a little off topic but I was curious if there are any plans to implement a random game selector into Big Box in the future? If this is something that comes up a lot, I apologize. I just haven't been able to find too many mentions of it within the forums and the ticket doesn't seem to have much action on it on BitBucket. I only ask because I find myself using Big Box almost exclusively and I love it quite a bit. Unfortunately this feature only seems to be present in launchbox, not in bigbox and I'd just like to be able to jump around to random games haha. Thanks for your time, you're creating a wonderful application. Take care!

Yup, definitely planned, just hasn't made it in quite yet. I agree that we should do it soon though. :)

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Good news, guys. New beta is out with AHK already added back in. We're now just using the AutoHotkey.exe file, which is not against the terms of the GPL. A new folder called AutoHotkey will show up in the LaunchBox folder with the EXE and license inside of it.

Thanks for the quick fix, AHK is working like a charm again :)

• Like 1

7.0 for Xmas yes :) resolve for me more and more faster!

juste little bug when we use Rocketlauncher since beta 20 and more...

"exit" game bigbox don't restore. Choose any option from Rocket don't resolve the exit game (I'm using beta 27) I have to use my mouse to come back to the bigbox.

Edited by salyangel

2 hours ago, salyangel said:

"exit" game bigbox don't restore. Choose any option from Rocket don't resolve the exit game (I'm using beta 27) I have to use my mouse to come back to the bigbox.

Why are those words overlapping the forums layout?

8 hours ago, salyangel said:

I don't believe anything changed recently that should affect Rocket Launcher or focusing the window. I could be wrong, of course, but maybe it's something with the Rocket Launcher configuration?

9 hours ago, salyangel said:

@salyangel I'm also using RL so I just did a quick test this morning before going to work but in my case, when I exit the an arcade game which was launched using RL, the focus is returned to BB. Let me know if you want to compare settings.

BTW. this test was done using 70-beta-28

9 hours ago, Pacman56 said:

@salyangel I'm also using RL so I just did a quick test this morning before going to work but in my case, when I exit the an arcade game which was launched using RL, the focus is returned to BB. Let me know if you want to compare settings.

BTW. this test was done using 70-beta-28

yes please, I use joytokey with Rocket.

I just installed and tested the official release of LaunchBox / BigBox 7.0 and noticed delays when scrolling through games in BigBox which didn't exist in 6.10.

When moving from game to game using the arrow keys, a delay of 1-2 second frequently takes place which ruins the experience.

This problem is quite noticeable when choosing a platform that contains a large amount of metadata such as my Arcade.xml which consist of 6199 games but is of a considerable size: 28.1MB.

My problem was reproduced on a clean instance of LB/BB which did not contain images, music, videos, etc. which rules that out.

After doing more testing, I found that doing a bulk edit of the Notes field using LB and clearing the value solved the problem. The delay has completely disappeared. However, clearing the notes field is not a solution. 

Arcade.7z

Edited by Pacman56

After upgrading to the official release from 7.0 beta 27 (or 28?), I'm having big issues.  I was having no issues before this release. I can play several games on several systems, but, after a while, everything just seems to stop.  I try to run a game, the "Game Loading" screen appears, nothing happens, the "Game Loading" screen disappears after 10 or so seconds, and I'm back to the selection screen.  This has happened with multiple systems on RetroArch as well as Demul, MAME, and Daphne.  Eventually, the platform videos won't display and LaunchBox freezes.  I can't escape it with CTRL-ALT-DELETE and have to manually reboot.  Usually, after a reboot, all is well again.  But just now, after a reboot, BigBox froze immediately at my Arcade platform screen - no platform video and no response.  All of this is running BigBox on a dedicated Windows 10 64-bit installation that has been rock solid with LauncBox on all of the v7 betas.  I did earlier today add the Mayflash USB bar and setup Dolphin to use Real WiiMotes.  That's the only change other than the LaunchBox version updates over the last 48 hours.

Any ideas?

Also a BIG kudos to the LB team.  I love this FE.  Was a longtime GameEX --> HyperSpin/Retroarch user and love the simplicity, elegance, and stability of LaunchBox.  I also appreciate the friendly and helpful atmosphere on the forums and the amazing responsiveness and work ethic of the team members.  I'll be buying a lifetime license when my annual license expires.

Scott

• Like 1

can't upgrade to 7.0 from 7.0 beta 24, running as admin, screenshot

according to process explorer nothing is currently using Unbroken.LaunchBox.dll so it shouldn't be locked afaik.  note that i was able to overcome this by deleting Unbroken.LaunchBox.dll with a 3rd party app and pressing retry, but i don't think it was supposed to happen

YkNhV7.jpgt

Edited by jadekitten

2 minutes ago, jadekitten said:

can't upgrade to 7.0 from 7.0 beta 24, running as admin, screenshot

according to process explorer nothing is currently using Unbroken.LaunchBox.dll so it shouldn't be locked afaik

@jadekitten

Have you tried deleting or moving the Unbroken.LaunchBox.dll file from your Metadata folder and see if this file is locked when trying to do it from explorer?

If it is still locked. reboot then try again.

I would probably try to move the entire Metadata folder out of your lbox57 folder then download 7.0 from the LaunchBox site, then install on top of your lbox57 folder.

Hope that helps. Let me know what happens.