LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 1:10 PM, SrLANGuy said:

I was hoping for this change too!!!  Right now when I'm in BigBox at the Platform selection screen and I choose something like the "Arcade" Platform, it always takes me to the beginning of the list alphabetically (which in my case is "1942").  Let's say I scroll down and play something like "Pac-Man".  When I exit the game, it takes me back to the game selection screen and "Pac-Man" is still highlighted.  But if I exit back to the Platform selection screen and then choose the "Arcade" Platform again, it takes me way back to the beginning of the list (back to "1942").

So, it would be nice if when you exited a Platform, it would remember which game you had highlighted.  That way when you select the same Platform again later, it would take you right back where you were the last time you were in that Platform.

@Jason Carr I was hoping this change would be in the 7.0 release, but sadly it wasn't.   :-(

Do you have an ETA for when you might be able to make this change?  Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kmoney said:

@Jason Carr  I still having the same issue since you added in the faster startup time of BigBox. The issue I am having is right after startup of BigBox if I scroll to my MAME platform on the wheel it will not even let me press enter to enter into the platform or show the mame video until BB has been running for about 5 to 6 seconds like it is still parsing through the mame xml after startup and then everything starts working normal. Again this only happens with the mame platform upon startup. On another note everything works fine in BigBox default view. I noticed this happens in the more graphic intensive themes like CriticalZone and even more so with Futurestate. My CPU is no slouch as it is a i5 4690K GTX970 with, 16GB Ram so it should handle it with ease. The main differences I notice between those themes and the default theme that make them more intensive is the added background video but if if I remove that, it still performs the same.

I wonder why everything works normal in the default theme?I bet you being the code jedi master could put or reccomend some optimizations in the more popular graphic intensive themes especially since CriticalZone comes packaged with BigBox now?;)

I have the same problem like you. i5 gtx 750 8GB, but on beta 19 it was fixed.

Edited by salyangel

Just updated to 7.0 and having an issue in BigBox.  When opening to the platform page, all of my logos are gone and the background platform videos won't play.  Is there an easy fix for this without rolling back to the previous version.  I need to know, as this is a Christmas gift for my brother...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SepSev said:

Just updated to 7.0 and having an issue in BigBox.  When opening to the platform page, all of my logos are gone and the background platform videos won't play.  Is there an easy fix for this without rolling back to the previous version.  I need to know, as this is a Christmas gift for my brother...

Hi @SepSev, try to switch your platform view in your BigBox options, that should fix your problem.

• Like 1

Hey Jason,

I've been experimenting with themes today and noticed system videos were now resizing based off the cell size they are contained in now, awesome. I did notice though that the alignment of the videos never really fits with the horizontal or vertical alignment. I understand this was always a problem in version 6 but am not aware if this was something you have messed around with since October till now. So, is it broken because it is something VLC does not like, am I doing something wrong or is there a bug still here?

Edited by Hexxxer

Just got this error while using BigBox.

Version 7.0

System.InvalidOperationException: Another target is already connected to this HostVisual.

at System.Windows.Media.HostVisual.BeginHosting(VisualTarget target)

at System.Windows.Media.VisualTarget.BeginHosting()

at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RegisterICompositionTargetInternal(ICompositionTarget iv)

at System.Windows.Media.VisualTarget..ctor(HostVisual hostVisual)

at Meta.Vlc.Wpf.VisualTargetPresentationSource..ctor(HostVisual hostVisual)

at (ThreadSeparatedImage )

at Meta.Vlc.Wpf.ThreadSeparatedImage.<LoadThreadSeparatedControl>b__32_0()

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)

at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)

at (<>c )

at Meta.Vlc.Wpf.ThreadSeparatedImage.<>c.<get_CommonDispatcher>b__2_0()

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

On 15-12-2016 at 11:13 PM, Jason Carr said:

@Rod Thanks for the good news on AHK.

Hi Jason,

Unfortunately I found an issue with the new AHK implementation. The autohotkey "sleep" function doesn't work anymore in Launchbox. It did with the previous DLL implementation.

You can replicate it by simply doing something like:

-----------------------

sleep, 5000  ;sleep for 5 seconds

MsgBox I slept for five seconds

-----------------------

You'll notice that the msgbox will appear immediately, instead after the delay of 5 seconds.

Hopefully this can be fixed, or a workaround as I need this to work in my scripts.

Thanks and enjoy the holidays soon.

Edited by Rod

V 7.0

On games view i get a black screen for like 1-2 seconds each time i move to the next game, and also some games on the list load correct without a black screen for a second. If i go quickly so that i don't give it time to load the games detail it will scroll through the wheel without blacking out. This does not happen on the system select screen.

That's on my htpc basically the same setup as my desktop but on the desktop it works fine ? is the resolution getting changed somehow? because my htpc is plugged into my AV receiver? 

any ideas? system is very clean install of windows 10 with just launchbox on it.

Thanks

1 hour ago, emko said:

V 7.0

On games view i get a black screen for like 1-2 seconds each time i move to the next game, and also some games on the list load correct without a black screen for a second. If i go quickly so that i don't give it time to load the games detail it will scroll through the wheel without blacking out. This does not happen on the system select screen.

That's on my htpc basically the same setup as my desktop but on the desktop it works fine ? is the resolution getting changed somehow? because my htpc is plugged into my AV receiver? 

any ideas? system is very clean install of windows 10 with just launchbox on it.

Thanks

I had the same issue with cover flow using Futurstate. But Hexxxer fixed it any chance you're using that theme? 

Thanks everyone; I am slowly working through these issues. I'd say the 7.0 release was mostly a success, considering the amount of changes and how it compares to other releases historically. That said, I'll be working this week to fix as much as possible and then I'll be putting out the official 7.1 release that will focus mostly on bug fixes.

I should have a beta out before the end of the day; in the live stream this morning we went through @Pacman56's performance issues and discovered some significant performance issues with loading the scrolling notes. Hoping to have a fix for this out later today. @emko, this may also be what is causing your performance issues, not sure.

On 12/16/2016 at 8:31 PM, kmoney said:

@Jason Carr  I still having the same issue since you added in the faster startup time of BigBox. The issue I am having is right after startup of BigBox if I scroll to my MAME platform on the wheel it will not even let me press enter to enter into the platform or show the mame video until BB has been running for about 5 to 6 seconds like it is still parsing through the mame xml after startup and then everything starts working normal. Again this only happens with the mame platform upon startup. On another note everything works fine in BigBox default view. I noticed this happens in the more graphic intensive themes like CriticalZone and even more so with Futurestate. My CPU is no slouch as it is a i5 4690K GTX970 with, 16GB Ram so it should handle it with ease. The main differences I notice between those themes and the default theme that make them more intensive is the added background video but if if I remove that, it still performs the same.

I wonder why everything works normal in the default theme?I bet you being the code jedi master could put or reccomend some optimizations in the more popular graphic intensive themes especially since CriticalZone comes packaged with BigBox now?;)

Edit: Looks like I figured out the issue with this. It was my platforms.xml file. I deleted it and let LaunchBox create another one and this issue does not happen anymore. I looked through the platforms.xml before I deleted it and the information was all over the place and not correct. I actually think this issue has been going on and happened when the xml files got split into seperate xml files. I noticed that info gets saved in different locations now in the platform.xml file than the one I deleted.

Ah, good find @kmoney. I think we may indeed have had an issue with some people's collections during the XML split, specifically with the platforms. Still not sure what might have happened there. Let me know if you see any more weirdness occurring with the platforms XML after replacing it. I think it was only the XML split process, but I'm not entirely sure.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2016 at 0:39 AM, SrLANGuy said:

@Jason Carr I was hoping this change would be in the 7.0 release, but sadly it wasn't.   :-(

Do you have an ETA for when you might be able to make this change?  Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!

Unfortunately I don't have an ETA on remembering the last game/system in lists, but I agree that's it a good thing to add. Hopefully we can get it implemented soon. I tend to focus on the most-voted tickets on Bitbucket, so anyone who wants this should go vote on the ticket (assuming there is one). If not, we should create one. ;)

On 12/17/2016 at 9:45 PM, Hexxxer said:

Hey Jason,

I've been experimenting with themes today and noticed system videos were now resizing based off the cell size they are contained in now, awesome. I did notice though that the alignment of the videos never really fits with the horizontal or vertical alignment. I understand this was always a problem in version 6 but am not aware if this was something you have messed around with since October till now. So, is it broken because it is something VLC does not like, am I doing something wrong or is there a bug still here?

Yes, unfortunately the video alignment issues are still there. It's been somewhat of a nightmare to fix, and it's still on my plate.

On 12/18/2016 at 8:23 AM, Rod said:

Hi Jason,

Unfortunately I found an issue with the new AHK implementation. The autohotkey "sleep" function doesn't work anymore in Launchbox. It did with the previous DLL implementation.

You can replicate it by simply doing something like:

-----------------------

sleep, 5000  ;sleep for 5 seconds

MsgBox I slept for five seconds

-----------------------

You'll notice that the msgbox will appear immediately, instead after the delay of 5 seconds.

Hopefully this can be fixed, or a workaround as I need this to work in my scripts.

Thanks and enjoy the holidays soon.

Well that's odd...does anything in this thread help?

https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/67403-sleep-command-not-working/

Something about changing SendMode might be answer. :)