LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

4 hours ago, neil9000 said:

@Jason Carr, sorry just a quick one for you I think its a easy fix, but what do I no? I picked up this awesome little tablet today, which comes with a massive xbox controller dock, u slide the tablet in and its good for in home streaming. However when its docked its a xbox controller, when its not docked its a tablet. I had a nightmare trying to set controller buttons, because I didn't have a escape button! I use the escape button to clear buttons in bigbox to assign myself. Problem I had is once the xbox dock is docked I cant plug in a keyboard and mouse, its either or. It would be nice if after you go through the gamepad setup in bigbox you could select a button, or button combo to clear the selected button. I had to download a intel app on my phone to hit escape!!

Ah, interesting. Not sure the best solution for this but can you put in a ticket?

3 hours ago, kyoken said:

.....Bad performance continues :(@Jason Carr no changes for me.....

The recent changes aren't going to perform miracles or anything, but the video playback should be less demanding. Regardless, I'll need more details on your hardware and such and details on what in particular is slow in order to improve anything.

1 hour ago, Charco said:

I encountered a bit of a strange one this evening, I was trying out a game on MAME and my controls wouldn't work. I opened up the Tab menu and all of my controls had been reset to default keyboard input. Everything was fine prior to updating to the current 7.0 official release.

LaunchBox never does anything with MAME controller settings, so yeah, that wouldn't be related to LaunchBox at all.

12 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Ah, interesting. Not sure the best solution for this but can you put in a ticket?

I can if needed but probably didn't explain to well, just need a way to zero controller buttons that are pre configured in big box. I can setup any button I want, but cant clear any because that has to be done with "escape" and of course no escape button on a controller. So a keyboard is required to set up a controller properly, even though the controller works for everything else "out of the box".

3 hours ago, paulmichel21 said:

O dont understand Whats is "videocontrol" or how use this...  V7.1.3 update

It's mainly for theme developers to be able to use it for custom background videos (or when more than one video is played at the same time). It is not recommended to use it in place of the existing game videos, so it's really intended only for themes that use background videos like FutureState or CriticalZone.

3 hours ago, neil9000 said:

I can if needed but probably didn't explain to well, just need a way to zero controller buttons that are pre configured in big box. I can setup any button I want, but cant clear any because that has to be done with "escape" and of course no escape button on a controller. So a keyboard is required to set up a controller properly, even though the controller works for everything else "out of the box".

Makes sense, though it's very difficult to support any and all controllers without some form of other input to begin with, so I would imagine we'd have to do a bunch of trickery to get it working. We could resolve that specific use case yes, but I'm doubtful that it's a very common scenario in itself. Still, it would be a good ticket for the long term.

Just put out a new beta guys that fixes an issue with Scan for Added ROMs where it was sometimes finding duplicates when absolute paths were used in the XML (Brad found it when creating the tutorial video for it).

The import bugs that we discovered are significant enough that I think it merits an immediate release. Unless anyone finds any more show stoppers, I'll probably put out 7.1 tomorrow and then we'll keep squashing bugs for 7.2. Always better to get the bugfixes out as quick as possible, especially when they're causing common issues. :)

• Like 1

The recent changes aren't going to perform miracles or anything, but the video playback should be less demanding. Regardless, I'll need more details on your hardware and such and details on what in particular is slow in order to improve anything.

Amd A10-6800k, Criticalcid theme is the only theme running slow, Windows media player too, horizontal view And vertical view with a background playing video

Enviado desde mi Redmi 3S mediante Tapatalk

Just put out the official 7.1 release; let me know if anyone runs into any major bugs with it. We'll keep pushing through bugs for a 7.2 release relatively soon (though hopefully we've squashed any major bugs so we can spend a little more time on the next one).

@kyoken What's your video card? Also, what in particular is slow with the theme? Is it a low frame rate for the transitions? Is it slow scrolling through games?

3 minutes ago, alitanet said:

Hi Jason thank you for your work ,I have a problem when I open Big box my keyboard and my gamepad doesn't respond for 5 seconds .I'm using an Xbox 360 Wireless controller,in previous versions of big box I didn't have this problem,sorry for my bad english :D

This is probably because some things are still loading. Previously we had force loaded everything before we showed anything on screen, but in the interest of performance improvements, we're now showing Big Box as soon as we can in the process. Unfortunately this means you might just have to wait a few seconds before the controls are live. I trust everything is working fine after 5 seconds?

On 12/19/2016 at 4:22 AM, emko said:

V 7.0

On games view i get a black screen for like 1-2 seconds each time i move to the next game, and also some games on the list load correct without a black screen for a second. If i go quickly so that i don't give it time to load the games detail it will scroll through the wheel without blacking out. This does not happen on the system select screen.

That's on my htpc basically the same setup as my desktop but on the desktop it works fine ? is the resolution getting changed somehow? because my htpc is plugged into my AV receiver? 

any ideas? system is very clean install of windows 10 with just launchbox on it.

Thanks

Updated to 7.1 still same issue until i found out i was on WMP i switched to VLC and everything is working fine now no more black screens when videos are loading. The issue is every time i press up or down and a game details has to load a video preview the screen would black out for 1-2 seconds, on games without videos this issue did not happen. Only on the games list on the platforms list the videos did work without black screen.

Well, I'm major bummed guys. I have 7.1 and I have found a nasty bug to squash my being able to run Bigbox with xmas guests coming over right now. Any time I turn on my second xbox one wireless controller bigbox compeltely freezes. And if I try to launch BB with both controllers on, bigbox gui will never show but process runs. Not happy :(

@Jason Carr

Edited by ckp