LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

Downloading slower than usual for me now but it's usually not a problem. Maybe a lot of people are hitting the server right now?

It usually takes ~1.5 minute but right now, it's been 3 minutes and it's at ~15%. BTW. Not too worry about it.

Edited by Pacman56

2 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

Isn't this something other UK users have reported before

Yup. There doesn't seem to be much we can do about it. It seems to happen no matter what if the server is hosted in the US. We've tried two different hosts now in different spots in the US. All I can figure is it's the pipeline.

1 minute ago, Pacman56 said:

Downloading slower than usual for me now but it's usually not a problem. Maybe a lot of people are hitting the server right now?

No, it's not a load issue; just checked the server. The new server is way overpowered and no resources are even getting close to exhausted. Where are you @Pacman56?

4 minutes ago, Pacman56 said:

It usually takes ~1.5 minute but right now, it's been 3 minutes and it's at ~15%. BTW. Not too worry about it.

Curious what happens if you cancel it and start it over.

2 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Curious what happens if you cancel it and start it over.

okay. I just cancelled the download, restarted LB, said yes to the update, and it's a bit faster than before. Let me finish the download and I will let you know how long it took.

1 minute ago, Pacman56 said:

okay. I just cancelled the download, restarted LB, said yes to the update, and it's a bit faster than before. Let me finish the download and I will let you know how long it took.

Id love to help you, but I just let it go, until it closed and reinstalled.

@Jason Carr i tried out the new video element replacing the media element both in my theme Scidoc and Criticalzone it makes the background video at times very pixxelated using Vlc engine, and in some views doesnt stretch to the full screen using the Wmp engine, while @CriticalCid media element doesn't, and it also throws up an instance of an object is not set in visual studio. 

4 minutes ago, Hexxxer said:

@Jason Carr I am looking to work on Futurestate tonight and the beta did not download the newest version of the documentation.pdf. I am running  7.1 beta 2.

If you get this message soon and you could offer me a link to the pdf directly it would be appreciated.

Have you tried to delete the documentation file and start BigBox? BigBox always generates the most current one in the folder, so that may could help.