LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

1 minute ago, ckp said:

Thank goodness I found a workaround! I must enable all controllers in BB controller settings. If I just leave it to one controller, BB is toast when you try to have a second controller.

I was going to say you can always install the release version if the beta is an issue. I've had to do that before. 

I cannot quote and reply in this browser without some other text populating from some other old quote automatically. =/ ,

Anyway, no time to install clean older LB. 

But I have no idea when this started happening because I never tried to have two xbox one wireless controls running with BB open until just now. I always used only one til now.

Edited by ckp
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ckp said:

I cannot quote and reply in this browser without some other text populating from some other old quote automatically. =/ ,

Anyway, no time to install clean older LB. 

But I have no idea when this started happening because I never tried to have two xbox one wireless controls running with BB open until just now. I always used only one til now.

If you're on Android, hold in and "select all" where you type your text then hit cut and it'll clear that quote part. 

Also, just backup your LB directory to another folder, and install the old version over the beta, that's what I did and works. But in case something breaks you have your backup to move back into place. 

Actually, we're not on Beta right now, we are on a full 7.1. The reason for that though was to fix bugs caught for LB7. We catch way more bugs when we fully release it then between the last beta and the full release. That's been the case for several major versions now. So major release, then several non-beta sub releases, then we go in to the Beta cycle of 10-20 beta's for new features. This could have been a bug since beta 15 for all we know, or just happened recently, it's hard to tell. Jason is out for at least a week though for Christmas and New Years, so he'll certainly take a look when he gets available.

Using the latest version of Futurestate and latest version Launchbox/Bigbox, I get this error. Mostly on Platform Wheel 4

Spoiler

Version 7.1

System.ArgumentException: The root Visual of a VisualTarget cannot have a parent.
   at System.Windows.Media.CompositionTarget.SetRootVisual(Visual visual)
   at System.Windows.Media.CompositionTarget.set_RootVisual(Visual value)
   at (VisualTargetPresentationSource , Visual )
   at Meta.Vlc.Wpf.VisualTargetPresentationSource.set_RootVisual(Visual value)
   at (<>c__DisplayClass32_0 )
   at Meta.Vlc.Wpf.ThreadSeparatedImage.<>c__DisplayClass32_0.<LoadThreadSeparatedControl>b__0()
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at (<>c )
   at Meta.Vlc.Wpf.ThreadSeparatedImage.<>c.<get_CommonDispatcher>b__2_0()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Also having issues with the Critical zone theme. Platform wheel 2 and Platform wheel 4 (the ones with the gorgeous background videos) causes Bigbox to perform very choppy. Noticed my CPU reaches 100% (have an intel g3258). Everything else runs great. Coverflow for games especially runs fantastic now on my cabinet and looks awesome.

Hey guys, I found some unfortunate bugs with the new VideoControl stuff just today so I put out yet another quick trigger official release. Hopefully this one will be stable enough to stick around for a while.

@ckp I'll test with multiple Xbox One controllers and see what I can do. Actually, I don't have a wireless dongle to test with, but I can plug two controllers in directly via USB. Between all the recent controller firmware changes as well as MS driver changes, who knows where the issue might be. I'll take a look.

@imdavid555 I'm hoping this release fixes that error and those performance issues (as well as some other VLC-related issues). The main reason why I forced out this release is because of those dreadful performance issues that were occurring with themes that used the new VideoControl.

@DR9 That's odd, any further details you can send me on that would be appreciated. Do make sure it's not your image cache (refresh all images would do the trick).

ok here is another weird thing.

I import a set of games such as TurboGrafix-16 and it imports all the images. I later rename the platform to "NEC TurboGrafix-16" since to me that is how it should be and after I do the rename and exit LB and reopen it deletes ALL of the images in the folders for NEC TurbGrafix-16. It renamed every folder correctly but left everything empty so I have to re download all the images again. This shouldn't happen.

4 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Hey guys, I found some unfortunate bugs with the new VideoControl stuff just today so I put out yet another quick trigger official release. Hopefully this one will be stable enough to stick around for a while.

@ckp I'll test with multiple Xbox One controllers and see what I can do. Actually, I don't have a wireless dongle to test with, but I can plug two controllers in directly via USB. Between all the recent controller firmware changes as well as MS driver changes, who knows where the issue might be. I'll take a look.

@imdavid555 I'm hoping this release fixes that error and those performance issues (as well as some other VLC-related issues). The main reason why I forced out this release is because of those dreadful performance issues that were occurring with themes that used the new VideoControl.

Hi Jason,

I've been trying the critical zone city hunter theme, and unfortunately there's a big performance problem when using it (tried with latest 7.1 and 7.2 releases).

The problem is that the background video in the (city hunter) theme keeps playing after the emulator is started, and that is completely eating my cpu resources. I.e. when retroarch is running I see in the taskmanager that in the background Big Box is using 40% (!!) of my cpu resources. This is on a 3770K @ 4.6Ghz btw.. In a multimonitor setup you can also see that the background video keeps playing while retroarch is also running. It is causing the audio and video in the emulator to hick-up/glitch regularly. So it's a no-go for me for now using these themes. I've also tried it in a single monitor setup and the same happens.

Hopefully you can implement something that pauses the theme background video (in critical zone - city hunter theme) after emulator start.

Edited by Rod

37 minutes ago, DR9 said:

ok here is another weird thing.

I import a set of games such as TurboGrafix-16 and it imports all the images. I later rename the platform to "NEC TurboGrafix-16" since to me that is how it should be and after I do the rename and exit LB and reopen it deletes ALL of the images in the folders for NEC TurbGrafix-16. It renamed every folder correctly but left everything empty so I have to re download all the images again. This shouldn't happen.

If you rename a platform, all it should do is make a new folder in all of the media folders, but the old platform folder is there, so all you need to do is rename the old system folders in Video, Music, etc, to the new one. Really though, you can call the platform whatever you want as long as you use the Scrape As feature, this way you can have an unlimited amount of custom platforms:

8 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Thanks @Jason Carr. I've had my xbox one controllers for a couple months now and I haven't hit a single issue with them in any normal pc game or emulator. I think all the nightmares you've heard about are pretty much gone with these controllers on Win 10. They seem as solid as the xbox 360 controllers I replaced. The good thing is that they work fine together in BB as long as I have the setting to use all controllers.

Hey all, unfortunately I really botched the 7.2 release (and to a lesser extent to the 7.1 release for that matter). I'm putting out the 7.3 release shortly; I'd really appreciate if you guys could update and test things when you can. We've had some major issues with some of the VLC changes that have been a bear to fix (specifically I messed up a bunch of stuff when I added the VideoControl for the background videos). New release will be up shortly.

Hi Jason, I hope you had a good Christmas. I got this error after exciting out of a game after first load. Might be nothing as it hasn't happened on subsequent starts

Version 7.3

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\LaunchBox\Metadata\Temp\cbdcf5fe-a8e6-44f6-b4ea-bbc249741fe6'.
   at (DataManager , DataSet , String )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.DataManager.GenerateXml(DataSet set, String destinationPath)
   at (DataManager , String )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.DataManager.SaveInternal(String destinationFolder)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.DataManager.<>c__DisplayClass124_0.<BackgroundReloadSave>b__0()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

@80sarcadeboy That error is puzzling, outside of a security permissions error or maybe some kind of odd conflict with a syncing application or something. Are you using anything like Dropbox or Google Drive to sync the folder? Also, does the C:\LaunchBox\Metadata\Temp folder exist?

Nope it's all off the c drive. No Temp folder in metadata (not even as a hidden folder).

Can't seem to replicate it however which is even more annoying.