LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

Alright guys, the official 7.4 release is out. Got pretty much nothing but positive feedback on 7.4-beta-4. Let's hope this one is stable enough to last a while so we can dive in to some new features.

Let me know if anyone sees any issues with the new release (or upgrading to it).

• Like 1

@Jason Carr i am still having problem with joystick in bigbox!, is a kind of bad programing or something like that... when scroll up or down on the game list with the keyboard, everything work perfect... but when i do the same with the arcade style joysctick, everything work like crap, the list get stuck when scrolling too much and freeze when a video start playing!... i think big box cant handle the instructions of the joystick or something like that :(... i want to give up

• Like 1

Not sure If I'm missing something or what, but anyone know why clear logos don't appear at the top left for handhelds? Works fine on consoles. On latest version.

BTW, I just removed the background video from Cids theme completely. BigBox is running so much better for me now.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Edit: Figured it out! My clear logos folder disappeared for my handhelds. Not sure what happened there. Could have been my fault. Am good now.

Edit2: Looks like it wasn't getting it with the Emumovies API and I probably never noiticed. Had to do it manually.

LB/BB locks up RL after exiting any game in Win7/Win10. I have to force close both programs. I did a log test of using LB/BB and using only RLUI to launch games and there is a slight difference at the end of the log of each, you can clearly see when using LB/BB it's not closing correctly the scripts.

Good Exit with RL only

02:22:21:269 | RL |      INFO  | +18532 | Main - Module ended, exiting RocketLauncher normally
02:22:21:272 | RL |      INFO  | +0     | ExitScript - Started
02:22:21:279 | RL |     DEBUG  | +15    | Registry.Read - Reading from Registry : RootKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SubKey=System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows, ValueName=ErrorMode,RegistryVersion=32
02:22:21:282 | RL |     DEBUG  | +0     | Registry.Read - Registry Read finished, returning 0
02:22:21:285 | RL |     TRACE  | +0     | StringUtils.Contains - "true" contains "true|kill" at position 1
02:22:21:288 | RL |      INFO  | +0     | ExitScript - Restoring taskbar
02:22:21:291 | RL |     TRACE  | +16    | Window.Show - Unhiding window "ahk_class Shell_TrayWnd"
02:22:21:418 | RL |     TRACE  | +125   | Window.Show - Unhiding window "Start ahk_class Button"
02:22:21:428 | RL |      INFO  | +0     | SystemCursor - Restoring mouse cursor
02:22:21:439 | RL |      INFO  | +15    | ExitScript - Restored cursor
02:22:21:442 | RL |      INFO  | +0     | ExitScript - Ended

Lockup Exit with LB/BB

02:30:14:702 | RL |      INFO  | +17094 | Main - Module ended, exiting RocketLauncher normally
02:30:14:706 | RL |      INFO  | +0     | ExitScript - Started
02:30:14:713 | RL |     DEBUG  | +0     | Registry.Read - Reading from Registry : RootKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SubKey=System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows, ValueName=ErrorMode,RegistryVersion=32
02:30:14:716 | RL |     DEBUG  | +16    | Registry.Read - Registry Read finished, returning 0
02:30:14:719 | RL |      INFO  | +0     | ExitScript - Restoring LaunchBox.exe to x0 y0 w h1160
02:30:14:721 | RL |     TRACE  | +0     | Window.Restore - Restoring window "ahk_id 0x2302f0"

Thanks!

@ckp Finally tested two Xbox One controllers with a wireless adapter and still can't reproduce any issues. The only other thing I can figure is maybe it depends on the controller firmware or driver versions?

@WolfRamiO That is gonna be an extremely difficult issue to solve without having that hardware on hand. I'm guessing the issue is unique to that hardware in particular. Not really sure where to go from here as it'd be a lot of work to get a test set up going; what happens if you only connect one of the two controllers?

@cammelspit That is a known issue that has to do with the order in which the videos load; on my systems, it usually works but not always. It should work though once you go into a platform and go back.

@neil9000 Happy new year!

• Like 1

@DR9@zerohex has run into similar issues. I don't think it's affecting everyone who's using Rocket Launcher (or I think I'd get more reports), but who knows. We need to see if we can identify what configuration setting on either side might be causing it. Who else here is using Rocket Launcher? Any similar issues or no?