LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

5 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Yes I agree a new thread should of been started when 7.0 was released , I'll go ahead and start one.....

Lol I agree, but no one would follow Neil's 7.0 beta thread!! It needs to be vaguely endorsed by the man himself! Or stickied after the fact 

Hey guys, the problem with a new thread is that everyone has to re-subscribe to it, so it won't get near as much attention. For that reason unfortunately we need to stick to the same thread (so that people will continue to get updates about the thread without having to resub, as I need as much help with this stuff as possible).

I just put out another new beta with a bunch of fixes:

- Improvement: Image type preferences are now saved between launches when switching between image types in Big Box

- Fixed: Using All Games as the startup view was causing various issues

- Fixed: DirectoryNotFoundException rarely occuring on exit

There's more, but that's what I'm currently remembering. Please let me know how this beta fares for you guys. :)

• Like 4

Oh, @ckp, I tested with multiple Xbox One controllers, but it seems that the issue only applies to controllers that use the wireless adapter (either that or a different firmware or drivers than I currently I have). I picked up a wireless dongle to test with as well as a Steam controller from Amazon so I should have those in a couple days.

Thanks @Rincewind. Sorry for being difficult. :)

• Like 1

Alright guys, I have 7.4-beta-3 out now, with some extra safeguards against videos improperly playing in the background, and some various fixes for some rare errors from Bitbucket. I'm very much hoping that this is a good release candidate for 7.4. I'd like to get a stable 7.4 out before tackling any new features. In my testing it seems perfectly stable, but I really need everyone's help to beat up this release so that we can end the quick-fire release cycle. Thanks all.

• Like 1

Crash report from starting games in bigbox (I came from Launchbox if that makes a difference). Hope that helps. Sorry :$ Same error as @kpop?

Version 7.4-beta-3

System.InvalidOperationException: VLC InstancePointer is zero.

at (VlcMediaPlayer )

at Meta.Vlc.VlcMediaPlayer.get_InstancePointer()

at (VlcMediaPlayer )

at Meta.Vlc.VlcMediaPlayer.Pause()

at Meta.Vlc.Wpf.VlcPlayer.Pause()

at (ImageVideoView )

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.Views.ImageVideoView.<PauseVideo>b__19_0()

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeDelegateCore()

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Wait(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherOperation operation, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)

at (Action , DispatcherPriority )

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.ThreadFactory.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.Views.ImageVideoView.PauseVideo()

at (ImageVideoViewModel )

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.ImageVideoViewModel.<PauseVideo>b__31_0()

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeDelegateCore()

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Wait(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherOperation operation, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)

at (Action , DispatcherPriority )

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.ThreadFactory.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.ImageVideoViewModel.PauseVideo()

at (GamesViewModelBase )

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.GamesViewModelBase.PauseVideo()

at (GamesViewModelBase )

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.GamesViewModelBase.OnDeactivated()

at (MainViewModel )

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.OnDeactivated()

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.Views.MainView.MainView_OnDeactivated(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Window.OnDeactivated(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Window.HandleActivate(Boolean windowActivated)

at System.Windows.Window.WmActivate(IntPtr wParam)

at System.Windows.Window.WindowFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.PublicHooksFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)