LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

4 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

@DR9@zerohex has run into similar issues. I don't think it's affecting everyone who's using Rocket Launcher (or I think I'd get more reports), but who knows. We need to see if we can identify what configuration setting on either side might be causing it. Who else here is using Rocket Launcher? Any similar issues or no?

I think I found it, Seetings | Main Settings | "Suspend Frontend" I had it TRUE but all this time it was fine until recently so I set it to FLASE it and ran again no lockups. Could be something there as before i never had to change this.

4 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Finally tested two Xbox One controllers with a wireless adapter and still can't reproduce any issues. The only other thing I can figure is maybe it depends on the controller firmware or driver versions?

Did you try this without the setting to use all controllers? It always happens for me (only in BB) if I don't enable the setting to use all controllers.

My firmware and drivers are the latest. Win 10 x64 also with all updates. 

Weird, I would have thought anyone would hit it with the same setup.  I guess I'll just have to leave the setting enabled for using all controllers.

Do you want to try it with my BB settings file? If you try it with my file, you'll have to disable the 'use all controllers' setting since my attached file has it enabled (otherwise my BB doesn't work a t all).

BigBoxSettings.xml

Edited by ckp
Attached bigboxsettings file

One thing i've noticed for a while is that when you hold down the right arrow key to move fast through the letters in the game selection screen, to say, get to the letter T, but you let go on S, and click one over to make it to T, the last click sound will be really loud compared to the others that occurred on your way up the alphabet.

Edited by damageinc86

6 hours ago, damageinc86 said:

One thing i've noticed for a while is that when you hold down the right arrow key to move fast through the letters in the game selection screen, to say, get to the letter T, but you let go on S, and click one over to make it to T, the last click sound will be really loud compared to the others that occurred on your way up the alphabet.

Yeah this happens for me too.

On 10/18/2016 at 8:48 PM, ThePolish said:

@Jason Carr I believe I found a bug playing around and was able to recreate. In big box (I'm using a 360 controller for navigation fyi) when I go back from the platform wheel to open up the options menu, then down to "view play modes" and select any of the 3 options, then back out of that list of games this occurs :

I'm not able to back out of the options menu to the main platform selection wheel. Anytime I hit back (b) or select back from the options menu it takes me to the view play modes list of 3. I can select other options but in order to get back to platforms I must exit and reenter. 

This happens also if using escape or hitting enter on "back"  using a keyboard. 

@Jason Carr this still exists - but I realized its not a bug, it's a  feature! When after selecting one of these and backing out in order to get back to "normal" you have to select "view all platforms" again, simply backing out takes you to an endless loop of what you selected. This is the same for anything like ratings or view genres. I was under the impression that if you selected something - you viewed your library filtered, and backing out would take you back to "normal" - To me it seems strange you're setting an option that sticks out of the menu rather than selecting a category of games to quickly view, and backing out normally would take you back to "normal platform view" - if that makes sense. 

@Jason CarrAlso - another little quirk - in big box

In games view after going into a platform-  when I cycle through images manually (my windows platform only has 2 images per game- box art/clear logo) It seems to cycle though all the "blank" spots. When the logo is up, next press cycles to box, then to get back to logo - and a total of 7 presses to get back to the clear logo.

In contrast on n64 which has 5 images (cart, box, 3d box, 3d cart box, box back) it still takes me 7 presses to get back to clear logo but it is much less noticeable since you're seeing a visual cue on button press. If there was a way to only cycle though filled image slots it would seem to run more seamlessly on manual presses.

If you end up implementing the automation to cycle images on games view, I think this will become more pronounced due to the long wait between image 1, 2, blank blank, blank blank, blank, image 1 vs say a game that has all 7 images or even 5/7 attached to the game. 

Edited by ThePolish
wrong view

I'm trying to change my Arcade.xml rom paths with Notepad++ which shows it changing but then every time I restart LB it is resetting the path to before I made the change don't know what is up with that but I'm trying to switch to my new romset and delete the old one.

Looks like 5th times the charm now it worked for some reason.

Edited by DOS76

Hey all, beta 2 is out with the beginnings of an audit feature. You'll find a new Audit menu item under the Tools menu in LaunchBox. Keep in mind that this is still very early (only just started on it today) and both the data behind it and the features need quite a bit of work yet. I have big plans for it, though, such as helping you find missing images and videos, identifying games you're missing, etc. Eventually it'll be an ideal tool to use to perfect your collection for each platform individually.

I'm also hoping to one-up Hyperspin with it, by allowing you to choose exactly what you want in your collection instead of using the pre-built lists. The data still needs fleshed out with complete lists of all No-Intro files, so let me know if anyone wants to help with that data collection stuff.

• Like 7

@DR9 Ah, that's quite interesting. I wonder what Rocket Launcher is actually doing with that feature; if it's really trying to lock up the app for a time, then no wonder. I didn't even think that was possible on Windows. Thanks for figuring that one out; if nothing else it's good to know so we can tell people. Not sure where to get started with what we'd fix though.

@ckp Yes, I tried it without Use All Controllers checked. I'll give it a shot with your settings file.

@damageinc86 @Charco Yeah, that's a known issue. It happens when things get behind and then it ends up playing more than one copy of the sound at once. Hasn't been high enough of a priority to tackle as of yet, but probably worth putting in a ticket for it. :)

@ThePolish Ah, I see. Per the images, yeah, that does get confusing. The problem with only doing existing images though is that it affects all games in that view, not just the current game, so that wouldn't make a lot of sense.

@oilertitanfan I'll take a look at that.

@DOS76 All I can figure there is that maybe LaunchBox was still open in the background?

Hey all, beta 2 is out with the beginnings of an audit feature. You'll find a new Audit menu item under the Tools menu in LaunchBox. Keep in mind that this is still very early (only just started on it today) and both the data behind it and the features need quite a bit of work yet. I have big plans for it, though, such as helping you find missing images and videos, identifying games you're missing, etc. Eventually it'll be an ideal tool to use to perfect your collection for each platform individually.

I'm also hoping to one-up Hyperspin with it, by allowing you to choose exactly what you want in your collection instead of using the pre-built lists. The data still needs fleshed out with complete lists of all No-Intro files, so let me know if anyone wants to help with that data collection stuff.

Sounds exciting! Will this work like the HyperSpin XML's? What I mean is, will our ROM names have to match what's in the pr-built lists exactly in order to show in LB? Also, if a game isn't in the "list" will it have to be added in order to import into LB? This was one of the things that turned me off about HS. There are many different ROM sets out there and having to exactly match a database to me is kind of silly.

My sets are mostly using the HyperList naming convention, and HyperList is more or less a spin on the no-intro naming convention, but without language tags, revisions, etc. I say, if you're going to use No-Intro, follow the naming convention exactly and use their databases that are readily available on the No-Intro site. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EDIT: Haha! I totally misread your post @Jason Carr

Disregard my questions.

• Like 1

Can we get an option in the controllers to select which controllers can control Launchbox instead of a single controller or all ? The reason I ask for this is I have a flightstick and it drives Launchbox crazy with continuous scrolling and I don't want to have to unplug it and plug it in when I want to use it :)

• Like 2

Okay how does the audit work I just ran it on my 1079 NES games and every rom came back as missing or unidentified

I also ran it on N64 same results and in the checkboxes it marks all my games as trainers.

I don't think I'll be using this really as I have had my ROMs for awhile and most of them aren't no-intro and it probably is only going to use one naming convention.

Edited by DOS76