LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

@Jason Carr I just noticed something weird with the Platform Logo's if placed in the Theme/Logo's folder,  I have Arcade platform's split up into different categories CP System Dash, CPSI, CPSII etc.  I downloaded ea4492's Logo's (which are absolutely brilliant) and placed them in my theme folder.  Opened BigBox refreshed the Platform Image Cache, the result was that for all arcade systems that ea4492 hadn't yet done Logo's for it shows Arcade Classics ( which i had renamed to Arcade) here is a list of split systems from arcade that it shows Arcade Classic's logo for instead of defaulting to theses platforms default logo.

Capcom Cp System Dash, CPS1, Cave, Crystal System, Gaelco,Namco System 22, PGM, Psikyo, Sammy Atomiswave, Sega Hikaru, Sega Model 3, Sega System 16, Sega System 32, Taito Type x. In fact it seems to show the logo for what ever you have the sytem to scrape as, i hope you can follow my explanation, see screenshot for a better visual of what i mean.  This causes considerable lag in the Platform Wheel.

Untitled.png

Edited by Maddoc1007

Opening the audit page and closing it while it's still scanning:

Version 7.5-beta-2

System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.

Object name: 'AuditForm'.

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)

at (AuditForm )

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.AuditForm.PopulateGrid()

at (AuditForm )

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.AuditForm.<AuditForm_Shown>b__5_0()

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Bug that may be related to the memory feature in BB? No clue, not related to CityHunter though:

Edit: It actually shows 2 bugs, where the box art images get removed when changing views too.

Edit 2: It seems that the reason I thought the view switching bug was happening isn't what it is. It's not related to the Big Box memory because it's happening on 7.4 official. Seems to only happen when viewing all games, not when viewing single platforms.

The Demul ahk script I am using works perfectly fine in LB, esc and controller automation but in BB when ever I launch a game the background music and video continues to play. When I exit via controller automation BB will close to desktop with music still playing. I then have to close BB in the task manager. Sometimes if I use the ESC key instead of the controller everything works as it should. I am also using no mousy. I have tried removing the script and use the default which will open and close the games but the issue of music and video still playing in the background is there.

Run, C:\LaunchBox\Nomousy\nomousy.exe /hide

$Esc::

{

Run, C:\LaunchBox\Nomousy\nomousy.exe

Process, Close, demul.exe

}

I just updated my Steam games in LaunchBox with my newly bought games and it seems that the image priorities feature somehow got broken for Steam games. Only all the Box - Front folders seem to work. Image categories like Steam Banner or Screenshots are getting completely ignored. It works fine for all of my other imported systems though.

• Like 1

@Jason Carr As per your request on the stream today I have posted a snippet of the settings I am using right now for VLC. As a reminder, this is because LB is not using the portable version of VLC so it is using your systems global settings.

The big one is enabling DXVA and turning off post processing. This makes a HUGE difference. The others I set were animation and max decoding speed but I am not sure if that makes such a huge difference. I figured the videos for games are animation so optimizing for that was a good idea.

Screenshot (32).png

• Like 1

Based on what @cammelspit said about LB not using the local vlc, I decided to totally uninstall my installed VLC app from my Win 10 box to see if LB would stop crashing with vlc error on game launching. Guess what @Jason Carr, I don't have LB crashing now when launching Demul and Dolphin games, 

Now, I would really like to have the full VLC Player installed, but I can wait for a bug fix from Launchbox if it's not too long. I guess the LB vlc library may have been clashing with my full vlc player installation maybe? 

Please fix so I can have my VLC Player back :)

Weird thing now that my LB is using VLC. I can't go full screen on the game videos now (no right click or double click). I can only pause them and unpause them. I'm on 7.5 Beta 2. 

• Like 1

Just installed the latest vlc player 64 bit. LB instantly starts crashing again on game launch. I will totally remove 64bit and try the 32bit installer of vlc player

Edit: no luck. instant crashing with 32bit vlc player installed as well. no LB vlc for me! :)

Edited by ckp

On 1/6/2017 at 1:47 PM, CriticalCid said:

I just updated my Steam games in LaunchBox with my newly bought games and it seems that the image priorities feature somehow got broken for Steam games. Only all the Box - Front folders seem to work. Image categories like Steam Banner or Screenshots are getting completely ignored. It works fine for all of my other imported systems though.

I'm having this issue right now on the current stable version.

two things. 

Flip Box Doesnt Work . 
- For me, If I have 2 front art boxarts.. its scroll between those two. But when I have 1. front boxart and 1. back boxart it doesnt even switch between them at all. 

Inside a Platform, the boxart is replaced by cartridges or clearart..
- Atari 2600 - Has catridges, not boxarts 
- Atari 5200 - Has clearart, not boxarts 

-Amiga  - shows nothing as boxart.. but i have boxart - front pictures in folder. 
-Amiga CD 32 - - shows nothing as boxart.. but i have boxart - front pictures in folder. 

I get this error when scanning for added games by system

Version 7.4

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at (ImportGamesFromFilesWizardForm , DataGridViewRow , Dictionary`2 )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.ImportGamesFromFilesWizardForm.AddRomImportOperation(DataGridViewRow row, Dictionary`2 multiDiscOperations)
   at (ImportGamesFromFilesWizardForm , Object , WizardPageConfirmEventArgs )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.ImportGamesFromFilesWizardForm.readyWizardPage_Commit(Object sender, WizardPageConfirmEventArgs e)
   at AeroWizard.WizardPage.OnCommit()
   at AeroWizard.WizardPageContainer.NextPage(WizardPage nextPage, Boolean skipCommit)
   at AeroWizard.WizardPageContainer.nextButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Recently I have been getting very strange things going on. For example when managing platforms and after making changes, sometimes on the details panel the video path will be filled in with the path of the current theme I am using. I use different video sets for different themes. Its an easy fix but it seems to happen after making changes to the folder directory. BigBox is also starting up with out any background video playing on the criticalzone and cityhunter. Simply going into options and backing out fixes that issue.