LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

@Jason Carr I got some weird issue that I can not figure out how to fix. For some reason just my Nintendo Wii, Sega 32X and Sega CD platform wheels are real choppy with animation, like some lag or something is holding it. Everything else plays smooth until I get to those platforms. I thought it was maybe a cache issue, so I dumped all the cache and boosted it to 2048. That didn't fix and it seems even after multiple reboots, transition settings changes etc etc I cant fix it. It's like an animation is off or something. I took video of it so you could see better what I am talking about. 

@FoxyMonty Awesome. Basically what I need is a list of all the files from all the latest No Intro ROM sets. You can use this link for an explanation of how to export a file list to a text file (you can ignore the Excel portion): http://smallbusiness.chron.com/copy-list-files-windows-folder-excel-list-40032.html

Let me know how that works for you or if you run into any issues. :)

@DOS76, yes, we'll be using the No Intro convention everywhere possible. Though, what do your N64 ROM files look like? I'm curious why it's marking them all as trainers.

@keltoigael It looks like for some reason it's just taking slightly longer to load those platforms, and so part of the transition is sacrificed. It'd be interesting to know what in particular is slower about those platforms, but that might be hard to figure out without your entire collection (including media). It could be missing media that could be causing the problem, as I have seen delays caused by missing media before.

@lordmonkus Makes sense. I think we need a ticket for that one; I don't recall hearing that request before. I *think* though in the latest versions, if you select XInput it'll automatically work with all 360/Xbone controllers and nothing else. So, if by chance, that solves your issue, might have been worth mentioning. ;)

5 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

Okay I'm down in the basement on a different computer and no trainers this time but still all missing and unidentified games here are the difference in the names I have and the ones its looking for very small difference.N64Audit.JPG

Goldeneye has always been wrong for me, its Goldeneye 007

24 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

@CriticalCid Good point on the .dat files, thanks. It's a terrible format to work with (I wonder why they're using this weird proprietary format), but it makes sense that we'd want to work directly with the .dat files. Hmm.

They also offer their .dat files with additional parent/clone info in xml format. I guess these files would be more useful and easier to handle for what you have in mind.

For whatever reason they decided to use all the European versions as parents but in combinatation with the clone and region tags you could probably build a pretty solid region priorities filter. This could also be useful at the games import process ;)

@Jason Carr I was testing the Audit tool with MS-DOS and I got the following error:

Version 7.5-beta-2

System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at (AuditForm )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.AuditForm.PopulateGrid()
   at (AuditForm )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.AuditForm.<AuditForm_Shown>b__5_0()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

5 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

@FoxyMonty Awesome. Basically what I need is a list of all the files from all the latest No Intro ROM sets. You can use this link for an explanation of how to export a file list to a text file (you can ignore the Excel portion): http://smallbusiness.chron.com/copy-list-files-windows-folder-excel-list-40032.html

Let me know how that works for you or if you run into any issues. :)

@DOS76, yes, we'll be using the No Intro convention everywhere possible. Though, what do your N64 ROM files look like? I'm curious why it's marking them all as trainers.

@keltoigael It looks like for some reason it's just taking slightly longer to load those platforms, and so part of the transition is sacrificed. It'd be interesting to know what in particular is slower about those platforms, but that might be hard to figure out without your entire collection (including media). It could be missing media that could be causing the problem, as I have seen delays caused by missing media before.

@lordmonkus Makes sense. I think we need a ticket for that one; I don't recall hearing that request before. I *think* though in the latest versions, if you select XInput it'll automatically work with all 360/Xbone controllers and nothing else. So, if by chance, that solves your issue, might have been worth mentioning. ;)

I think this is what you're looking for:

datomatic.nointro.org/profile.xml

Always up2date :)