LaunchBox Community Forums

@Machello Thanks! I'm aware that my skills have improved A LOT since then. Just ignore the beautiful HyperSpin theme on the right, that's not even my work, just a recorded video that's playing. What's left is just some really basic stuff structered in the ugliest way possible :S

@Suhrvivor Haha, I wouldn’t have thought that my post would accomplish its goal that fast. If that ugly screenshots leads to encourage even just a single person to mess around with theme building than I’m happy. :)

To tempt you even more. Here’s a playlist of all XAML/theming video tutorials that Jason did. As I said I knew nothing about that stuff and his videos helped me understand the basics pretty fast.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6pTDaHeAz-X8yNgOD3DPxUf1gaB2FLzb

I did try xaml basics with the video's from Jason. But I just don't have enough time for it. The learning curve in the beginning was a bit to big for me :-).

I really want to make some cool game views for the metallic theme. 

Well, for now I just enjoy the theme's the community makes. 

My time will come :D

• Like 1

Open the PlatformWheel4FiltersView.xaml with any text editor of your choice (I recommend Notepad++) in the “Views” folder inside the CriticalZone folder. Go to line 127 and reduce the value in the Spacing=”” property.

Be aware that this will definitely break the highlighting of the currently selected platform so you have to adjust that well. Just a few lines beneath them you will find many lines that start with GradientStop. Change the values in the Offset properties here and make sure that you do the exact same changes you apply to WheelHighlight1 to WHeelHighlight2 as well. The values are percentage values relative the screen width.

These adjustments will also take a lot of time and many testings until you have perfectly optimized it it for your artwork, so keep that in mind.

Hey @CriticalCid :)

I seem to be getting an issue in CriticalZone - BlueBox when I press back from the game view below, it seems to freeze when leaving this view and the only way out is having to open task master and close big box. I have tested this with CriticalZoneV2 as well just to see if it was an issue on my setup but I have had no issues at all with CriticalZoneV2, I'm not sure if anyone else has had this happen to them with CriticalZone - BlueBox but I thought id flag it up to see :)59bc5331a5907_V2_4.jpg.4e6c63b02ee2e329f7f9af0043e1c1571.thumb.jpg.cb8099ed8a60e7c7d4d43fa0a5dcffee.jpg

That's odd. The only difference between BlueBox and standard CriticalZone is the color, so it doesn't really make sense that one version has this issue and the other one not. How many times has this issue appeared for you? And exclusively in just this View? Only in specific platforms/games? Which Video Engine do you use, WMP or VLC?

This has happened multiple times now and I've just done another check on all the views just to make sure, the ones it happens on are

• Horizontal Wheel 1
  • Horizontal Wheel 2
  • Vertical Wheel 2

I have also tested on multiple platforms and it gives me the same result, I have also tried downloading the theme again just to see if that would fix it and it hasn't :(

I am using the VLC engine :)

I have just done all the same checks on CriticalZoneV2 just to be sure and CriticalZoneV2 works perfectly 

Edited by BlueArrowUK