LaunchBox Community Forums

Just now, y2guru said:

@Jason Carr I am being lazy, but what are the return values ?  0.5, 1.0, 1.5 etc.. or .5, 1, 1.5 etc..  ?  i am assuming the latter. cheers

They can actually be anything, because of community ratings, which are an average of all of the community's ratings for that game. So it can be anywhere between 0.0 and 5.0. :)

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Quick question here about the Criticalzone theme that comes with LB. I have it set to the full screen platform videos view. The problem I am having is that in this view, the selection wheel disappears 1-2 seconds after moving it each time. Is there a way to have the selection wheel remain? Thanks :)

I've made a quick edit of the theme with no auto fade for this View. Here you go:

CriticalZone_NoFade.zip

On 12.12.2017 at 10:56 PM, ondaplana said:

Sorry, I'm using V2 BackgroudVideoOnly version, but the video only shows once and not in loop mode. It is very annoying because I'm using CityHunter Background Videos that are amazing but very short.

Any idea? Thanks in advance!

Hm... they are looping perfectly fine on my end. Are only these videos affected or any videos in general? Have you tried to change the video playback engine in the BigBox options?

That's great! I wonder if I could be so bold as to ask something else of you?

I really like the full screen video view for categories and platforms. But I would really like to have some category/platform information too. I know that you can change the view in your theme to have the video a bit smaller with information at the bottom of the screen, but this doesn't look nearly as good in my humble opinion.

I wonder if it would be possible for you to add some information to the full screen video view, with the information overlaying the video? Obviously not overlaying the picture of the console or the game video itself, but at the blank space at the top or bottom of the screen?

What would be great would be to have the following text information displayed in the above manner:

Details: Year, Total Games, Manufacturer, CPU, Display, Media

Description: (the standard category/platform description)

Would this be possible?

Edited by Dan

19 hours ago, Dan said:

Yes V2 has some of that information, thanks! The wheels are disappearing like before though - would you be able to modify this one too? :D

What do you mean by wheels are disappearing? If you mean sometimes it shows the incorrect one because you have multiple wheels in different themes that is unfortunately a BigBox issue due to the addition of switching themes on the fly and caching. It is something Jason plans to work on I believe.

Hey guys, I'm hoping you can help me figure this one out.

I have Launchbox set up to remember each platform's own view, and I really like this one for Critical Zone:

5a3da2706075b_2017-12-22(8).thumb.png.88eab07df052e44f2a0d41e6677d32c7.png

The problem is, the view isn't being remembered. As soon as I leave back to the the 'platforms' list, and then re-enter, it changes the view to this:

5a3da2a2d9aba_2017-12-22(9).thumb.png.2031e68b88191d1880accc723d837bcd.pngI don't have this problem with all of the different views, but I do have it with more than one. Am I doing something wrong here, or is it a bug maybe? Thanks for your time. :)

Thanks for your help. Yes, when I switch the global theme from 'default' to 'Critical Zone v2' the platform remembers each view properly. But then if I switch the global theme back to 'default,' the issue recurs. 

Seems like Critical Zone doesn't play well if you are using it just for one platform, but using the default as your global. That's too bad, I like them both quite a bit, I was hoping to mix and match. :)

Edited by Typhon

create a text box with background fill grey and use <TextBlock Text="{Binding Path=SelectedPlatform.Manufacturer}" Foreground="White" />, <TextBlock Text="{Binding Path=SelectedPlatform.ReleaseDate, StringFormat=yyyy}" Foreground="White" /> and <TextBlock Text="{Binding Path=SelectedPlatform.TotalGameCount }" Foreground="White" /> in the appropriate grid rows/columns.

Edited by mcfilmmakers

Figured out which view to edit, and how to add a text box. However following your instruction, I end up with just the word "Nintendo", instead of "Manufacturer: Nintendo". If I add the word Manufacturer before the string you gave me, then the whole string shows as text in BB instead of the instruction.

Edited by Dan