LaunchBox Community Forums

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Figured out which view to edit, and how to add a text box. However following your instruction, I end up with just the word "Nintendo", instead of "Manufacturer: Nintendo". If I add the word Manufacturer before the string you gave me, then the whole string shows as text in BB instead of the instruction.

Look up string and variable formatting for xaml or take a look at the code for other themes. You know the hard part now, the rest is the basics. You have the best examples right in front of you. That’s the best way to learn.

Edited by mcfilmmakers

18 hours ago, Typhon said:

Hey guys, I'm hoping you can help me figure this one out.

I have Launchbox set up to remember each platform's own view, and I really like this one for Critical Zone:

5a3da2706075b_2017-12-22(8).thumb.png.88eab07df052e44f2a0d41e6677d32c7.png

The problem is, the view isn't being remembered. As soon as I leave back to the the 'platforms' list, and then re-enter, it changes the view to this:

5a3da2a2d9aba_2017-12-22(9).thumb.png.2031e68b88191d1880accc723d837bcd.pngI don't have this problem with all of the different views, but I do have it with more than one. Am I doing something wrong here, or is it a bug maybe? Thanks for your time. :)

I have another question. I am actually quite happy with the default theme for the most part, I only wish it had a platform view like in the first pic that I could switch to. Would it be possible for me to alter the theme, and manually add in a view like that? I use the 'remember view' per platform, so it' be nice to have every view that I like all under one theme.

34 minutes ago, Chris Kant said:

sadly, with the new 2.2 version of the theme plus LaunchBox 7.15 (or 16?) I receive following error message when I choose some views

5a3ed58a81644_Bildschirmfoto2017-12-23um23_12_59.thumb.png.5fae0e878c87fb38ae1a03409f0cc373.png

Looks like you have renamed the theme folder and therefore the Views can't find some of the files as the path is now wrong because of that.

Just extract the theme again and leave the name as is. That's also a tipp in general: Don't ever rename custom themes or plug-ins

4 hours ago, Dan said:

Worked it out! Question - works fine for the platform selections, though I want different text to show for the categories selection (e.g. manufacturers makes no sense for categories). How can I have different text for categories and platforms?

Unfortunately it's not possible at the moment to differ between those two inside BigBox.

3 hours ago, Typhon said:

I have another question. I am actually quite happy with the default theme for the most part, I only wish it had a platform view like in the first pic that I could switch to. Would it be possible for me to alter the theme, and manually add in a view like that? I use the 'remember view' per platform, so it' be nice to have every view that I like all under one theme.

Yes it’s possible.

1. Make a copy of the Default theme

2. Copy the View you want from the custom theme folder to your copy of the default folder (overwrite the existing view in this folder). In this case it’s the Wheel2GamesView.xaml from CriticalZone (you can find it in the "Views" sub-folder.

3. Open the “ThemeSettings.xml” file inside your Default  theme copy and activate your copied View by changing the value of the correct View from true to false. In this case change this

<DisableWheel2GamesView>true</DisableWheel2GamesView>

to this

<DisableWheel2GamesView>false</DisableWheel2GamesView>

4. Change the theme inside BigBox to your copy of the Default theme.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dan said:

Worked it out! Question - works fine for the platform selections, though I want different text to show for the categories selection (e.g. manufacturers makes no sense for categories). How can I have different text for categories and platforms?

It's totally possible but it has to be done with C# in the backend coding (the .cs file of the xaml). What you want to look into is called a MultivalueConverter. Its a pain in the ass to figure out, but once you do, it works beautifully.

13 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

Looks like you have renamed the theme folder and therefore the Views can't find some of the files as the path is now wrong because of that.

Just extract the theme again and leave the name as is. That's also a tipp in general: Don't ever rename custom themes or plug-ins

I did nothing like that. I just grabbed your theme and put it into the Themes Folder

5a3ee38c5e364_Bildschirmfoto2017-12-24um00_15_00.png.d510ff31c2992827f2790c222ecc0b8f.pnga few of your views works but some of them not.

25 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

Yes it’s possible.

1. Make a copy of the Default theme

2. Copy the View you want from the custom theme folder to your copy of the default folder (overwrite the existing view in this folder). In this case it’s the Wheel2GamesView.xaml from CriticalZone (you can find it in the "Views" sub-folder.

3. Open the “ThemeSettings.xml” file inside your Default  theme copy and activate your copied View by changing the value of the correct View from true to false. In this case change this

<DisableWheel2GamesView>true</DisableWheel2GamesView>

to this

<DisableWheel2GamesView>false</DisableWheel2GamesView>

4. Change the theme inside BigBox to your copy of the Default theme.

Thanks so much for your help, I'm having a slight problem with this it seems though. I'm getting a popup window with some errors, here's a screenshot:

2017-12-23.thumb.png.9d663aa96d41073d493d77612c25968f.png
Do you know what's causing this to occur?

Edit: Also, I named the copied theme 'Default alt,' if that matters. I followed all of your other instructions exactly.

Edited by Typhon

34 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'm sure I've seem themes where it only shows this data when you go into the platforms menu, and not in the categories menu?

Sorry if I was misleading. When I said that it’s not possible I meant that it’s not possible with the native BigBox theming options and requires programming of a custom plugin for that.

If somebody else has already came up with something for their own theme I suggest you ask the creator of it on how to use it in a different theme.

24 minutes ago, Chris Kant said:

I did nothing like that. I just grabbed your theme and put it into the Themes Folder

5a3ee38c5e364_Bildschirmfoto2017-12-24um00_15_00.png.d510ff31c2992827f2790c222ecc0b8f.pnga few of your views works but some of them not.

According to your error message does the View look for the BackgroundVideoOnly version of BlueBox but you have the default version of it installed. I just downloaded and checked the default BlueBox version and all file paths in the theme code are correct, so I'm not sure what's going on. I suggest to try to download it again but you should delete your current instance of CriticalZoneV2 - BlueBox first to make sure that you have no faulty remnants of a previous version left that could cause trouble.

15 minutes ago, Typhon said:

Thanks so much for your help, I'm having a slight problem with this it seems though. I'm getting a popup window with some errors, here's a screenshot:

2017-12-23.thumb.png.9d663aa96d41073d493d77612c25968f.png
Do you know what's causing this to occur?

Sorry, haven't thought about that, my bad. You have to copy all plugins files from the CriticalZone folder to the plugins folder of your new Default theme as well.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mcfilmmakers said:

It's totally possible but it has to be done with C# in the backend coding (the .cs file of the xaml). What you want to look into is called a MultivalueConverter. Its a pain in the ass to figure out, but once you do, it works beautifully.

I fear that this may be well beyond my area of expertise - would you be able to assist at all or offer some pointers?

I've decided to tweak Critical ZoneV2 a bit and make it my primary theme, as it is almost perfect for what I'm looking for.

I have one more question though... for 'PlatformWheel1FiltersView' , is there a way (altering the .xaml file perhaps?) for me to have the 'details' scroll, as well as the notes? I tried setting that in the options but it doesn't seem to work for this theme. This is the only thing left I'd like to tweak, then I'll be completely satisfied. :)

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about exactly:
2017-12-24.thumb.png.ee2023464bf81103d31169d642adca98.png

Thanks, but it's a bit beyond my understanding... I found the 'Scrollable text block' section in the documentation, I'm not sure how to implement that exactly. I also tried comparing the PlatformWheel1FiltersView.xaml in this theme with the one from the 'default' theme, and I don't understand why the 'default' version scrolls, and this one does not.

36 minutes ago, Dan said:

OK, wasn't sure! Would be grateful for some more advice on how to sort my issue with the categories part of the theme.

That's not an issue anyone can really do for you. You need to modify your theme to implement a custom plugin. You're going to have to learn it yourself. The launchbox plugin API is readily available and here's what you need to implement into your plugin: MultiValueConverter after you pickup some basics of C#.

I knew NOTHING a month ago so it's not as intimidating as it looks.