LaunchBox Community Forums

Like all 1.x versions I won't put the exact version number in the folder name, mainly to make it easier for integrating and updating it directly with LaunchBox,

You can always look up which version you have installed by simply opening the changelog.txt file inside the theme folder.

• Thanks 1

Because it was just pointed out to me that the description notes don’t fill the whole space with some resolutions and DPI settings: I’m aware of that but unfortunately it’s completely out of my hands to change that.

The scrolling notes have an issue that they cause BigBox to lag the longer the text gets. @Jason Carr has added a fix for this but this fix and the DPI “fix” (it’s honestly more of a hack) don’t work nicely together in a TwoColumns Details/Notes solution like CriticalZone uses it in some Views. The alternatives would have been to completely remove the performance fix for scrolling notes (but that was honestly never an option I considered as I’m also affected by this) or to don’t add any kind of DPI fixes at all. This way it’s at least kinda usable with high DPI settings

With that said, if you don’t suffer from performance issues with long texts in the description notes or don’t care about that and prefer the aesthetics more than you can manually remove the fix yourself.

For all Platform Views:

Go to ”LaunchBox\Themes\CriticalZoneV2*the version you use*\Views” and open the “FilterDetailsView.xaml” file with any text editor of your choice and scroll all the way down to line 72. Here you have to change

Name="Notes"

To

Name="NoFixNotes"

Save the file and the notes should fill the whole space now. Just reverse this change if you want to apply the performance fix again.

For the CoverFlowWithDetails View:

Go to ”LaunchBox\Themes\CriticalZoneV2*the version you use*\Views” and open the “TwoColumnGameDetailsView.xaml” file with any text editor of your choice and scroll all the way down to line 80. Here you have to change

Name="GameNotes"

To

Name="NoFixNotes"

Save the file and the notes should fill the whole space now. Just reverse this change if you want to apply the performance fix again.

• Like 1

This is now my main theme! Thanks! I always edit the views changing shadows to be black though, just my preference.

One thing I find kind of annoying is that using the vertical view with wheels fading away, when you go back a level, the new wheel it's completely transparent, it feels weird to be browsing the games seeing the wheel and when you go back they suddenly disappear until you press a button.

Anyone noticed that? Can something be done about that?

14 minutes ago, Suhrvivor said:

One thing I find kind of annoying is that using the vertical view with wheels fading away, when you go back a level, the new wheel it's completely transparent, it feels weird to be browsing the games seeing the wheel and when you go back they suddenly disappear until you press a button.

Anyone noticed that? Can something be done about that?

Unfortunately not. BigBox just pauses/freezes the whole View when you go a level deeper and simply continues it when you go back. I can’t think of a way to bypass that with the current method I use to use to fade in and out the elements.

Yeah it's like that in every view, and It's like that in V1 and V2.  Nope it's not like that in other themes, it's strange. And it's been like this for as long as I can think, I just realized it was an issue when I tried some other themes the other day.

That's really weird. If that happens since V1 for you than I guess it's some very strange issue on your side because It's the first time that I've ever heard about this.

The only thing that I could think of is that you have all platform details fields deactivated in the BigBox options. Could you check if that's the case for you?

Oh boy, I just found a screenshot of one of the earliest CriticalZone drafts I did. That’s the Wheel Games View 2…

hsthemeview.jpg

We have come a long way, haven’t we? I just let that speak for itself to encourage everyone who thinks of starting his/her own theme. I guess it's pretty obvious that I knew knothing about XAML beforehand either and If I was able to advance from this ugly train wreck of a View to something like CriticalZone, literally anybody can do it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

Oh boy, I just found a screenshot of one of the earliest CriticalZone drafts I did. That’s the Wheel Games View 2…

hsthemeview.jpg

We have come a long way, haven’t we? I just let that speak for itself to encourage everyone who thinks of starting his/her own theme. I guess it's pretty obvious that I knew knothing about XAML beforehand either and If I was able to advance from this ugly train wreck of a View to something like CriticalZone, literally anybody can do it.

Well Cid, I think you are underestimating yourself here :-). It's not that easy. Really respect your qualities though! Keep up the good work

• Like 1