LaunchBox Community Forums

23 hours ago, Typhon said:

I've decided to tweak Critical ZoneV2 a bit and make it my primary theme, as it is almost perfect for what I'm looking for.

I have one more question though... for 'PlatformWheel1FiltersView' , is there a way (altering the .xaml file perhaps?) for me to have the 'details' scroll, as well as the notes? I tried setting that in the options but it doesn't seem to work for this theme. This is the only thing left I'd like to tweak, then I'll be completely satisfied. :)

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about exactly:
2017-12-24.thumb.png.ee2023464bf81103d31169d642adca98.png

Ok, so I figured out through trial and error that 'FilterDetailsView.xaml' is the file that affects this. I was also pleasantly surprised to realize that I could manipulate the text size in this file, and also that I can press 'alt+tab' while in big box, to switch to notepad++ to make changes to the .xaml, save, then switch back to the BigBox window. (you have to switch themes, then switch back to see the changes). 

I'm still running into a snag though. I can't get both the 'Details' column and the 'Description' column scrolling at the same time. If I change the section:

<!-- FILTER DESCRIPTION -->
			<Canvas x:Name="NotesCanvas" ClipToBounds="True" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Margin="0,10,0,0" >
				<controls:ScrollableTextBlock Name="Notes" Text="{Binding Path=Notes}" FontFamily="Calibri" FontSize="26" Foreground="White" TextWrapping="Wrap" Width="{Binding ElementName=NotesCanvas, Path=ActualWidth}" ScrollBeginDelay="6" ScrollSpeed="2" ScrollAutoReverse="True" ScrollEndDelay="6" ReverseScrollSpeed="0.5" ScrollDirection="Up" />
			</Canvas>

to:

<!-- FILTER DESCRIPTION -->
			<Canvas x:Name="DetailsCanvas" ClipToBounds="True" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Margin="0,10,0,0" >
				<controls:ScrollableTextBlock Name="Notes" Text="{Binding Path=Details}" FontFamily="Calibri" FontSize="26" Foreground="White" TextWrapping="Wrap" Width="{Binding ElementName=DetailsCanvas, Path=ActualWidth}" ScrollBeginDelay="6" ScrollSpeed="2" ScrollAutoReverse="True" ScrollEndDelay="6" ReverseScrollSpeed="0.5" ScrollDirection="Up" />
			</Canvas>

...the 'Description' column will display the details (instead of the description), and it will scroll.

However, if I replace the code here:

<!-- FILTER DETAILS -->
			<TextBlock Name="PlatformDetails" Text="{Binding Path=Details}" Visibility="{Binding TitleVisibility}" FontFamily="Calibri" FontSize="26" Foreground="White" TextWrapping="Wrap" DockPanel.Dock="Top" TextTrimming="CharacterEllipsis" Margin="0,10,0,0" Width="auto"/>

to:

<!-- FILTER DETAILS -->
			<Canvas x:Name="DetailsCanvas" ClipToBounds="True" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Margin="0,10,0,0" >
				<controls:ScrollableTextBlock Name="Notes" Text="{Binding Path=Details}" FontFamily="Calibri" FontSize="26" Foreground="White" TextWrapping="Wrap" Width="{Binding ElementName=DetailsCanvas, Path=ActualWidth}" ScrollBeginDelay="6" ScrollSpeed="2" ScrollAutoReverse="True" ScrollEndDelay="6" ReverseScrollSpeed="0.5" ScrollDirection="Up" />
			</Canvas>

, I get errors in BigBox. HOWEVER, if I then delete the <!-- FILTER DESCRIPTION --> section, the errors go away, the 'Details' scroll as expected, but obviously, there's nothing in the 'Description' column.

I'm close to figuring this out but I've hit a brick wall. Can someone please lend me a hand here? :)

Edited by Typhon

Figured it out! In this section:

<!-- FILTER DETAILS -->
            </Canvas>

I had to change Name="Notes" 

to

Name="Details"

Awesome! :)

Now, if I could just figure out how to change text size while actually in a system... (anybody know how to do this?)

Edit: I just found out that if you make the 'Details' column scroll, the 'fontsize' setting has no effect on it. :( That's probably why it wasn't set to scroll to begin with.

Edited by Typhon

On 24.12.2017 at 4:10 PM, JamesBond@ge said:

Hi CriticalCid. I love your themes and use them all the time. I have my Platforms List as a plain text list and was wondering if it would be possible to have the 'glass' effect around them, rather like what is there in the platform details and descriptions? I hope I'm not being cheeky making requests.

Sure. Replace this file with the already existing one in your Views folder: TextFiltersView.xaml

If it’s too dark for you just open the file with a text editor of your choice, go to line 54 (TEXTLIST GLASS BAR) and reduce the opacity value.

On 25.12.2017 at 2:55 PM, Typhon said:

Edit: I just found out that if you make the 'Details' column scroll, the 'fontsize' setting has no effect on it. :( That's probably why it wasn't set to scroll to begin with.

I haven’t set it to scroll as I really don’t like it at all when both columns scroll asynchronous when one of them hit the end and start to scroll back. But yes, this decision also saved me some headaches that you are currently run into as well.

The scrolling text is a beast to get it working as you want as there are a few things that tie in to that feature. For instance I never could get it working right with the DPI fix.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CriticalCid said:

Sure. Replace this file with the already existing one in your Views folder: TextFiltersView.xaml

If it’s too dark for you just open the file with a text editor of your choice, go to line 54 (TEXTLIST GLASS BAR) and reduce the opacity value.

Mate, that worked! Wow, that bare text list was bugging me ever since I've been using LB (not just in this theme but others too). Thanks so much! <3

Edited by JamesBond@ge

Hey guys, I just wanted to inform you all that I just released a preview version of my new theme: Aeon MQ7

It’s a loose port / interpretation of the Kodi skin with the same name, which was a heavy inspiration for CriticalZone. Therefore both themes share a lot of similarities and if you like CriticalZone you may could like Aeon MQ7 as well :)

• Like 4

This is absolutely lovely :x  and it seems to work almost perfectly on my 4k screen which the original Nox theme unfortunately didn't. 

Only small issue is when I'm on a platform in the horizontal view it zooms in a little to much so the platform clear logo gets cut off just a little bit.  This is probably something you were aware of  but I thought I would mention it. 

but really that seems to be the only little thing that appears to be a 4k issue ?..    Maybe I could reduce or remove the zoom effect? 

15145896489271595493597.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2 question on this theme (my fav theme)

1. Is it possible to add a different background in the game details view for each platform? I'm sure some additional code might be needed. Is it something that's hard to do?

2. Will star ratings be added (with actual stars).  It just needs to round the actual ratings up or down to display the right number of stars. 

It would be nice to see some updates on this theme.

1. That depends. You can edit the whole TextList Games View like that but you can’t specifically edit only the Game Details as it’s the same thing for BigBox internally. So if you don’t mind that the TextList View is affected by this as well, sure, it would be pretty easy to do that.

2. I guess you mean the community ratings as V2 already supports your own ratings as ESRB-like banners. Sure, I could add them but I would need a new set of ESRB-like banners for that which also look different than the ones for your local ratings. If you or somebody else would be willing to create these than yeah, I'll  add them.

I have a much simpler question. Would it be possible to add a wheel like in the RetroFresh Theme? Basically add the tinted glass you use for the game descriptions behind the wheel and add the selection blue box to the item in the middle. I tried doing it by adding it to my background images but the blue selection box would also show up in the Games Detail View since it uses the same background image so that was a no, no. 

What code would I need to change in the files? I made several poor attempts with no luck but I don't know code. I was just copying and pasting porting from one theme to another but that didn't work. Here is a mock up.

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by Styphelus