LaunchBox Community Forums

49 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

I honestly have no idea why it's not working for you.

I re-did that View and uploaded the whole theme folder. Could you try it with this version?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CslJETFhDa6g8qSX59p590L6w4cO1G1v

Cid, I just updated LaunchBox to v10.1 and upgraded .net framework to v4.8 and it works now. I can't thank you enough! :-)

Edited by JamesBond@ge
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, CriticalCid said:

That could definitely be the case. Was it always like that or has this changed over time?

Can you test it with DPI set to 100%?

I hadn’t noticed in the past. Will try on the weekend and report back. 

If it was DPI-related is there anything that can be done? 

I’m not sure if anything can be done. At least it would be a pain to figure that one out as the workaround to fix the DPI issues is already implemented.  Actually, it behaves the complete opposite as I would expect it as the workaround tends to add more blank space on the right side of the text the higher your DPI settings are.

Most likely, some recent BigBox changes broke the workaround as you are the first ones to mention this issue since V2 was released over 2 years ago.

I’ll see what I can do once I get your feedback.

21 hours ago, CriticalCid said:

I’m not sure if anything can be done. At least it would be a pain to figure that one out as the workaround to fix the DPI issues is already implemented.  Actually, it behaves the complete opposite as I would expect it as the workaround tends to add more blank space on the right side of the text the higher your DPI settings are.

Most likely, some recent BigBox changes broke the workaround as you are the first ones to mention this issue since V2 was released over 2 years ago.

I’ll see what I can do once I get your feedback.

Ok so the problem persisted even at 100% DPI (no scaling). I suppose something changed in the code?

10 hours ago, Thornback said:

Ok so the problem persisted even at 100% DPI (no scaling). I suppose something changed in the code?

Hi @Thornback, I've confirmed that nothing has changed in the code either in the theme or in Big Box, but I do faintly remember someone else reporting this a while back (I think). @CriticalCid and I have tested this and neither of us are seeing this issue on our machines, and it doesn't seem to be related to DPI. I know video drivers can be an issue for stuff like this, so I would recommend trying to update your video drivers. Other than that, I'm pretty much out of ideas.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Hi @Thornback, I've confirmed that nothing has changed in the code either in the theme or in Big Box, but I do faintly remember someone else reporting this a while back (I think). @CriticalCid and I have tested this and neither of us are seeing this issue on our machines, and it doesn't seem to be related to DPI. I know video drivers can be an issue for stuff like this, so I would recommend trying to update your video drivers. Other than that, I'm pretty much out of ideas.

Interesting. I'm using the latest Nvidia drivers so it can't be related to that either. Windows is funny like that!

• 3 months later...

Great theme, but I am seeing an issue when using the All Games view. When Big Box starts the video playing does not match the logo centered.

The logos are in perfect order for how I manually named them in Launch Box and Big Box sees that correctly, but for some reason When Big Box first loads the video is different than the 1st logo, which is Star Wars Battle Pod.  (videos and games all named and matched accordingly) Once you move to the right or left all the logos and videos match and play correctly. Just mismatched when 1st starts.

Here is a pic of what I mean when Big Box loads my All Games list. Mach Storm video playing, but Star Wars Battle Pod is the logo centered below and Star Wars Battle Pod is the video that should be playing.

Big Box 1st screen after load.jpg

Edited by N8T

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm not sure if this error is specific to Critical Zone (probably not), but I just ran a couple updates and am having error messages pop up when launching Big Box.  I get a Windows dialog that says the pluginAo.Bigbox.Themer-Meta.vlc.dll "could not be loaded because Windows is preventing access to it for security reasons.  Please right-click on the file in Windows Explorer, select Properties and then check or un-check the box to unblock the DLL".

Except when I right click on any of the dlls in the theme folder for Launchbox, none of them have a block box to uncheck..?

It looks like Explorer should have something that looks like this on the properties pane according to the text of the error message:

rrRg1.png

Any ideas?

Launchbox 11.4

Win10 Pro v2004 Build 19041.450IMG_1776.thumb.jpeg.374a39f49877311e959c50ce78d15f0b.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Megahurtz said:

I'm not sure if this error is specific to Critical Zone (probably not), but I just ran a couple updates and am having error messages pop up when launching Big Box.  I get a Windows dialog that says the pluginAo.Bigbox.Themer-Meta.vlc.dll "could not be loaded because Windows is preventing access to it for security reasons.  Please right-click on the file in Windows Explorer, select Properties and then check or un-check the box to unblock the DLL".

Except when I right click on any of the dlls in the theme folder for Launchbox, none of them have a block box to uncheck..?

It looks like Explorer should have something that looks like this on the properties pane according to the text of the error message:

rrRg1.png

Any ideas?

Launchbox 11.4

Win10 Pro v2004 Build 19041.450IMG_1776.thumb.jpeg.374a39f49877311e959c50ce78d15f0b.jpeg

Click the unblock button.  You unblock the zip file BEFORE you unzip

Edited by y2guru

26 minutes ago, y2guru said:

Click the unblock button.  You unblock the zip file BEFORE you unzip

That is just a random screenshot I found on the web depicting what I believe it should look like.  I am not using a zip file and as I said the properties pane for the dll does not have anything on any tab remotely close to an unblock button.

dnm, is this the same error you reported on Friday when you said you had a VLC plugin error?

1 minute ago, Megahurtz said:

That is just a random screenshot I found on the web depicting what I believe it should look like.  I am not using a zip file and as I said the properties pane for the dll does not have anything on any tab remotely close to an unblock button.

dnm, is this the same error you reported on Friday when you said you had a VLC plugin error?

yes

You guys are most likely using a very old and outdated version of CriticalZone because this theme doesn't use this plugin since quite a while.

To fix it you should remove your old version from your themes folder and download the latest version from the download section or the Big Box theme manager.

• Like 1

I most assuredly was using an old version.  The date on my folder was from late 2019.  I redownloaded the theme from the files section here but was confused since it had an earlier date than my directory.  I skipped copying over the new download and instead used the theme menu in BigBox to update it.  That seems to have worked!  No more dll errors on launch :)

• Like 2