LaunchBox Community Forums

I decided to make some backgrounds. The blue one is fine but if I create a different view in red, the game title and description are still in blue because it still uses in the same GameDetailsView.xaml file. Is there a way to get each different view (Wheel2GamesView.xaml, Wheel3GamesView.xaml and so one) to use a different Ga meDetailsView.xaml where I can change the letters to a different color?

Untitled-1.png

Red.png

12 hours ago, Styphelus said:

I decided to make some backgrounds. The blue one is fine but if I create a different view in red, the game title and description are still in blue because it still uses in the same GameDetailsView.xaml file. Is there a way to get each different view (Wheel2GamesView.xaml, Wheel3GamesView.xaml and so one) to use a different Ga meDetailsView.xaml where I can change the letters to a different color?

You could always just make separate themes and then edit all the font colors.

Just now, Styphelus said:

Does BigBox support having different themes for different systems? I know it supports different views but there doesn't seem to be an option to have more than one theme at a time. How would I do that?

Yes it does, you need to set a switch theme button, then just go to the view you want to change and use the button and pick a theme.

On 5/30/2018 at 5:50 AM, Styphelus said:

Untitled-1.png

Red.png

Unfortunately you can only have one GamesDetailsView per theme. Like Kelto and Neil have correctly said you can bypass this by creating a new theme and use the switch theme option.

I also really like you modifications. Great job! :)

On 5/29/2018 at 11:19 PM, Dan said:

Great theme - using Criticalzone blue. Problem is - the background fade setting doesn't seem to work. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Thanks

Which fade do you exactly mean? The general brightness fade or the fading between multiple background videos? If it’s the brightness than that’s by design and hardcoded in the theme. You can change it by opening the ThemeSettings.xml in the CriticalZone folder and change the BackgroundFadeValue to your liking. Just be aware that this won’t work with the version that comes directly with LB as LB will set the settings back to default once you start Big Box, so you'll have to use the version from the download section.

Thanks for your reply CriticalCid, and thanks for all the great work!

I’m not referring to background videos - I’m talking about the background image that appears (if it is turned on) when you select games. I want it to be more faded/opaque so that it doesn’t detract from the images and info on the screen!

• 3 weeks later...

Another issue @CriticalCid - the total game count for a platform doesn't seem to be correct for my "Handhelds" category.

They way that I have organised this category is to have 1 platform and 2 playlists in it. The 2 playlists take games from another platform, which is not in the handheld category.

The problem is, the total game count only shows the games for the platform and not for the playlists. Is this because the platform that the playlists take games from in not in the category?

Thanks!

@CriticalCid I just noticed that a couple of the platform views have 'favorites' and 'recent' enabled, but there is no way to see them on screen. Specifically the 'full screen' one where the vertical wheel disappears, and the horizontal one.

You can press right for the full screen view and you can select a recent game, and you can press down on the horizontal one to do the same.

Do you know if there's some code I can add (or delete) from the xaml files to disable 'favorites' and 'recents' for those two views?

Does anyone know how to get Clear logos for developers to show up under horizontalwheel3gamesview in the place where the platform clear logo currently resides? (bottom right, above the wheel)

I have my company logos under Images\Company Logos

thanks in advance if anyone knows :)

Edited by whoozwah

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

A couple of quick questions.

1.Downloaded the latest version 'criticalzonev2' and running horizontal wheel 2, but for some reason the description filed is blank for all games.

Switch to anything else, horizontal 3 for example, and the description displays fine for all games.

2.With horizontal 3, under the details section, it displays the logo/marquee of whatever system your currently browsing.It's not static, it loads for each and every game along with front cart art, video snap etc.

From the pictures you provided on an earlier page this didn't seem to be the case?How can i disable these platform logos, it makes a very busy (not a knock i love it) theme look a lil TOO busy.

8 hours ago, megafacehead said:

1.Downloaded the latest version 'criticalzonev2' and running horizontal wheel 2, but for some reason the description filed is blank for all games.

Switch to anything else, horizontal 3 for example, and the description displays fine for all games.

That's weird, it works just fine for me. Does the description work in Horizontal 1 for you? Both Views are almost identical just with a different wheel size.

8 hours ago, megafacehead said:

2.With horizontal 3, under the details section, it displays the logo/marquee of whatever system your currently browsing.It's not static, it loads for each and every game along with front cart art, video snap etc.

From the pictures you provided on an earlier page this didn't seem to be the case?How can i disable these platform logos, it makes a very busy (not a knock i love it) theme look a lil TOO busy.

The logo has to be dynamic in order to work with playlists which contain games from different systems.

You are probably referring to a screenshot which shows the old 1.8 version. If you prefer that Just take the "HorizontalWheel3GamesView.xaml" file from the "Views" folder of 1.8 and replace the one in your V2 version with it