LaunchBox Community Forums

Zombeaver's PCSX2 Configs / Simple 1-Click Installs With PCSX2 Configurator

Zombeaver

17 minutes ago, zodiac321 said:

I'm not sure if I'm doing something completely wrong here, but I can't get this to work. PCSX2 Configurator is always greyed out. I'm using PCSX2 1.5.0, Launchbox 8.7 and have placed the extracted PCSX2 Configurator Next folder in the plugins folder on LB. I've unblocked every file in there and it's still greyed out. I'm running PCSX2 fine through LB, I just can't get this plugin working. Would much appreciate if anyone knows why this could be

I'm new to emulators so probably doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what it is. 

@zodiac321 I would prefer it if all queries, questions, and issues could be posted over in the plugin's thread to keep things more manageable. Though I thought all of the issues like this had been fixed with the latest version (Beta 1 Hotfix 2). The main pieces of information I'm going to need are the locations of your PCSX2 and LaunchBox directories as well as logs (if you don't know how to make logs it's described multiple times in the linked thread).

20 minutes ago, alec100_94 said:

@zodiac321 I would prefer it if all queries, questions, and issues could be posted over in the plugin's thread to keep things more manageable. Though I thought all of the issues like this had been fixed with the latest version (Beta 1 Hotfix 2). The main pieces of information I'm going to need are the locations of your PCSX2 and LaunchBox directories as well as logs (if you don't know how to make logs it's described multiple times in the linked thread).

My apologies. I have replied over in the linked thread with the debug logs

I

know this isn't anything to do with your settings as it's been doing this since before I used your settings but do you have any random fps dip in Resident Evil Outbreak File 1? It only happens on certain areas. I play the Japanese version as it has a private online server.

My specs are

i7 4790k @ 4.50ghz

32gb ram

Windows 10 x64

Okay after wasting some time from @alec100_94 because im a dumdum, i've finally got this up and running.
Now my question is, are the only configs available to download the ones in the google spreadsheet from the first page?

If a game is not there, would we be able to request it? Or do you all have a personal preference in where you search for a good config setup outside of @Zombeaver's list?

2 minutes ago, lenslol said:

Okay after wasting some time from @alec100_94 because im a dumdum, i've finally got this up and running.
Now my question is, are the only configs available to download the ones in the google spreadsheet from the first page?

If a game is not there, would we be able to request it? Or do you all have a personal preference in where you search for a good config setup outside of @Zombeaver's list?

All the games that have configs are listed here. Don't know if @Zombeaver keeps the spreadsheet up to date or not. If a game does not have a config, you can request one here, but I think @Zombeaver has a rather long Todo list. There isn't really anywhere else you can download config's from, and even if there was I wouldn't recommend it as these are set up in a specific way for my plugin. The main (and original) purpose of the plugin is to allow you to easily create one yourself.

I appreciate all your effords but i guess this is not made to work well with Intel GPUs? I only tried Ratchet and Clank so far and with standard settings it worked pretty ok but with your config it really was a slow mess :D

I tried your tips and also set resolution to native but that didn't really help.

The biggest approvement was when I set the renderer to Direct3D 11 (Hardware).

Not meaning to criticize just want to know if there is anything special to watch out for when running on Intel GPUs?

(I'm running this on a i7 7700HQ with Intel 630 GPU)

Edited by ozboss

An Intel 630 isn't going to get you very far. These can't be made with that low a bar in mind. My card (and PC for that matter) is 5 years old at this point, so it's hardly top of the line.

My suggestion is to follow the performance improvement suggestions in the first post. With a 630 you'll likely need to drop the scaling to 2x (maybe even native), drop MSAA where used, etc.

Do yourself a favor and buy a cheap Nvidia or even AMD card. Just about anything would be a step up.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-780-vs-Intel-HD-630-Desktop-Kaby-Lake/2164vsm178724

I have a feeling @ozboss may not be able to upgrade as I'm pretty sure the i7 7700HQ is a laptop CPU. Though PCSX2 isn't really designed for laptops without decent dedicated graphics hardware, but you might have some surprising results by lowering the resolution and other demanding graphical settings as @Zombeaver suggested, I would also imagine software mode would also be fine in the most part, just don't set your expectations too high.

Edited by alec100_94

Software rendering is highly CPU intensive, but it can be okay depending on the game. That said, your CPU is pretty decent, so you're probably better off anyway, and if you have to run at native resolution anyway, software is the best option (if it runs well) because it's more accurate.

My suggestion would be to start with hardware rendering at 2x native resolution, MSAA off if the config has it on, and turn MTVU on. If that doesn't work, try software rendering. And if that doesn't work, try hardware rendering at native resolution.

No, although I do plan to do one eventually.

It's fairly self explanatory though. I have some basic instructions in the first post. You basically just right click on a game, select PCSX2 Configurator at the bottom, and click "Download Config" if I've created one for it (it won't be lit if I haven't). If I haven't created one, you'll need to create your own by clicking "Create Config" and then selecting "Configure with PCSX2" to edit the config as needed.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have some PS2 games that consist of two files, which are .mdf and .mds. Which one of those I need to add to LaunchBox for PCSX2?

Also, I was looking for a list online of compatible file extensions for PCSX2, but I cannot find one. Is it just .iso, .bin and either .mdf or .mds.? Are there any more? I ask because I have about 1.3k games each in separate folders and I do not want to leave any out when searching during importing. Thanks in advance.