LaunchBox Community Forums

Zombeaver's PCSX2 Configs / Simple 1-Click Installs With PCSX2 Configurator

Zombeaver

Just to follow up on what @neil9000 said, this is pretty much correct. Though the current version of the plugin is far from perfect and I'm kinda glad it's being scrapped.

The new version shouldn't take too long to develop (Maybe a few weeks) but might not be 100% feature complete from the get go. If anyone wants to help test the plugin while in development just send me a PM and let me know. 

As for the question about downloading the configs, although @neil9000 is right about the GitHub link, the plugin actually does a lot more than just downloads the configs, in the way of combining the users current config with the downloaded configs. So just downloading the configs from GitHub may not give expected results.

• Like 1

Here is an odd problem. when adding a new game and config into launchbox with plugin, the game dosent seem to find the memorycard? I see that one was created its just the game can not detect it? It worked yesterday but not today?  I started a previous game and was able to load and save, however any new config for a new added game dosent find the memory card? any Ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

So if upscaling causes so many issues, and requires all of this extra work to fix it, then wouldn't it just make more sense to use software mode at all times for as much accuracy as possible, and do the upscaling from an outside source? I mean you could just use software mode on PCSX2, and then use a program like ReShade to do the upscaling, that way you're not making any changes to the actual emulator itself, since ReShade just puts a screen filter/overlay over the program so to speak. https://reshade.me/

To be bluntly honest with you man you ask a lot of questions where the answer is "it just depends". Different emulators, different games and different systems all have an effect on the answer and you just have to find what works and doesn't work for you and adjust to your liking. This is just how emulation is.

I have no way of testing all sorts of hardware to find the exact tipping point of where one CPU isn't powerful enough and another one is.

8 hours ago, MalachiMaverick said:

So if upscaling causes so many issues, and requires all of this extra work to fix it, then wouldn't it just make more sense to use software mode at all times for as much accuracy as possible, and do the upscaling from an outside source? I mean you could just use software mode on PCSX2, and then use a program like ReShade to do the upscaling, that way you're not making any changes to the actual emulator itself, since ReShade just puts a screen filter/overlay over the program so to speak. https://reshade.me/

Because Reshade isn't actually upscaling anything. It's literally applying a filter/shader on top. That's not even remotely close to the same thing as running the game at a higher native resolution, and will never look anywhere close to as good. It's like saying "Well why not just throw some paint on my CRT screen - that'll make it just as good as an HD TV." No, it won't. Software mode + Reshade will never look as good as a 4k internal resolution.

4 hours ago, MalachiMaverick said:

It's probably because I have an i7-4790K with 4.4 GHZ. What is the very minimum CPU that you would recommend for going an all software mode route?

I have a 4770k. There's nothing wrong with your CPU.

6 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

I have a 4770k. There's nothing wrong with your CPU.

@Zombeaver I wasn't saying that there was anything wrong with my CPU. That was a reply to @Lordmonkus who said that running software mode required a very beefy CPU to use it, and I said that I run software mode all the time, and that mine runs butter smooth at all times without a spec of hiccups, or slow downs whatsoever. Then I said it was probably because I have an i7-4790K with 4.4 GHZ. I was only asking what he would recommend as the minimm CPU required to run software mode at all times for everyone else, because I'm not sure if you actually would need exactly that CPU, or if someone could get away with ones lower than it, and still be able to go all software mode without problems.

Edited by MalachiMaverick

Okay, that's fine. None of that has anything to do with my statement. Software + Reshade does not and will never equal 4x+ internal resolution, period. They're fundamentally different things.

If you have anything actually relevant to this thread that you'd like to contribute, feel free to do so, but I don't want the thread clogged up with Tom's Hardware posts please. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The new plugin is out now! Check it out here! Thanks to @alec100_94 for all his hard work on this!

To celebrate the new release, I've got 25 new configs and 8 updated ones to check out:

Updated:

Wild Arms: Alter Code F
-changed deinterlacing from Auto to Bob tff (sharpness improvement)
-removed software FMV option (removes jitter caused by Bob tff in cutscenes)

Wild Arms 3
-removed software FMV option (removes jitter caused by Bob tff in cutscenes)
-audio changed to Async in SPU (helps mitigate brief moments of slowdown)

Wild Arms 4 and 5
-removed software FMV option (unnecessary)

Armored Core 2, 2: Another Age, 3, and Silent Line

New:

Alone in the Dark
Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare
Amplitude

Battle Assault 3
Beat Down: Fists of Vengeance

Blood Omen 2: The Legacy of Kain
Bloody Roar 4
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
Chulip
Cyber Troopers: Virtual-On Marz
Dawn of Mana

Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone
Frequency
Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows
Global Defence Force
Jaws Unleashed
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
Mortal Kombat: Deception
MotoGP 08

Neo Contra
Orphen: Scion of Sorcery
Resident Evil: Outbreak - File #2

Star Wars: Racer Revenge
Street Fighter EX3

As always, details for each of these are available on the config spreadsheet.

An important note about Amplitude - you must use the --fullboot command-line parameter in order for the game to load properly. The ability for me to inject custom command-line parameters into specific game configs (so that you wouldn't have to do anything in this situation) is planned but is not yet implemented. Because of this, you'll need to add it manually. Once the config is downloaded, just right-click and edit the game and add the --fullboot parameter before --cfgpath and you'll be all set.

image.thumb.png.afd319ff680a14687957e06f743f98d0.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Hey mate, thanks for doing this - great effort! May I suggest you add the Medal of Honor series to  your to do list? Specifically MoH Frontline and Rising Sun would be nice. Interested to see what you make of Mercenaries, apparently that game has serious issues.

Edited by Thornback

I'm not sure if I'm doing something completely wrong here, but I can't get this to work. PCSX2 Configurator is always greyed out. I'm using PCSX2 1.5.0, Launchbox 8.7 and have placed the extracted PCSX2 Configurator Next folder in the plugins folder on LB. I've unblocked every file in there and it's still greyed out. I'm running PCSX2 fine through LB, I just can't get this plugin working. Would much appreciate if anyone knows why this could be

I'm new to emulators so probably doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what it is.