LaunchBox Community Forums

Zombeaver's PCSX2 Configs / Simple 1-Click Installs With PCSX2 Configurator

Zombeaver

no option are open 

"Create Config" - Creates a new config for the game in question based on the users current PCSX2 settings, If a config already exists this will overwrite that config with a new one.

"Download Config" - This will download one of Zombeaver's Config and set it up to be ready to play for the selected game, this will be greyed out if now config is available, and will change to "Update Config" if a new update is available for the downloaded config.

"Remove Config" - This will remove the current config for the selected game, and will be greyed out if there is no current config.

"Configure With PCSX2"

1 hour ago, sersoft2008 said:

no news regarding the exposed problem?? Tank you

hey man, relax and enjoy the forums a bit eh? A lot of us work and have other responsibilities we have to tend to. There's plenty of content here to occupy us and take our minds off of our particular problem until someone answers. It's all good and am sure you'll get your issue resolved soon enough : )

On 2/6/2019 at 11:45 AM, sersoft2008 said:

no option are open 

"Create Config" - Creates a new config for the game in question based on the users current PCSX2 settings, If a config already exists this will overwrite that config with a new one.

"Download Config" - This will download one of Zombeaver's Config and set it up to be ready to play for the selected game, this will be greyed out if now config is available, and will change to "Update Config" if a new update is available for the downloaded config.

"Remove Config" - This will remove the current config for the selected game, and will be greyed out if there is no current config.

"Configure With PCSX2"

right click on your rom and set your emulator and all options should be selectable

Everytime I try to Create or download config an error pops up, and I have no idea what this issue could be.

Illegal characters in path.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 9.5
Type:    System.ArgumentException
Site:    Void EmulateFileIOPermissionChecks(System.String)
Source:  mscorlib

at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.EmulateFileIOPermissionChecks(String fullPath)
   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.QuickDemand(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String fullPath, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Core.Configurator.ExtractFormattedMemoryCard(IniData baseUiConfig, String memCardFileName)
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Core.Configurator.CreateUiConfigFile(String targetConfigDir, IGame game)
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Core.Configurator.CreateConfig(IGame game)
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Ui.ConfigWindow.CreateConfigBtn_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

1:38:08 AM Music.Prepare Start
   01:38:08 Music.Kill Start
   01:38:08 Music.Kill Finished
   01:38:08 Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   01:38:08 Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   1:38:30 AM Music.Play Start
   01:38:30 Music.Kill Start
   01:38:30 Music.Kill Finished
   01:38:30 Music.Play Empty Music Path
   01:38:30 Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   01:38:30 Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   1:40:34 AM Music.Pause Start
   1:40:34 AM Music.Pause Start
   1:50:06 AM Music.Play Start
   01:50:06 Music.Kill Start
   01:50:06 Music.Kill Finished
   01:50:06 Music.Play Empty Music Path
   01:50:06 Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   01:50:06 Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   1:50:07 AM Exception

On 3/1/2019 at 7:35 PM, proghodet said:

What is the full path to your LaunchBox directory? The error says first thing: "Illegal characters in path", so probably there are some special character that it can't parse.. :)

X:\Program Files\LaunchBox

Could it be the X? i could never think that X would be an illigal character

18 minutes ago, Nikraddin said:

X:\Program Files\LaunchBox

Could it be the X? i could never think that X would be an illigal character

It could be because you have it in your program files folder, try it somewhere else. Program files is a lot more locked down than other locations on your PC.

9 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

It could be because you have it in your program files folder, try it somewhere else. Program files is a lot more locked down than other locations on your PC.

I tried using it while having the directory be C:\Launchbox got the same error, doesn't seem like that was the issue :(

Hello to everyone, I realise I don't really post here regularly and generally offer rather crappy tech support for my PCSX2  plugin. The main reason for this is because it is generally extremely difficult to be able to tell what is wrong with the (usually) limited information given or even just an error message, and 9/10 times it is a user error and not an actual issue with the plugin itself. I really need to be able to see the issue properly to be able to fix it. Because of this I am going to invite anyone requiring tech support to contact me through discord (you can find me on the LaunchBox channel same name as on the forums), and we'll deal with it on a case by case basis possible involving screen sharing and/or the use of chrome remote desktop.

As for development on the plugin itself, it has been on a bit of a hiatus, with very little work being done on it since the last release, however I am looking to resume work on the plugin relatively soon, and hope to implement a more practical system for handling user errors, and tracking the most commonly occurring issues. 

-Alec

• Like 3

Zombeaver, thank you for all of your hard work and time creating this plugin and configs. It has improved my experience replaying through Champions of Norrath!

I just started using Launchbox and this plugin today. I had a similar error as Nikraddin, but was able to fix it by moving my PCSX2 folder to my secondary harddrive. My Bitdefender is overly protective, so if I have file access issues that can't be resolved by adding the program to the exceptions list, I move it to my less protected secondary drive.

What settings are best if I wish to improve game quality?

6 hours ago, Scynide said:

Zombeaver, thank you for all of your hard work and time creating this plugin and configs. It has improved my experience replaying through Champions of Norrath!

I just started using Launchbox and this plugin today. I had a similar error as Nikraddin, but was able to fix it by moving my PCSX2 folder to my secondary harddrive. My Bitdefender is overly protective, so if I have file access issues that can't be resolved by adding the program to the exceptions list, I move it to my less protected secondary drive.

I tried moving and reinstalling launchbox, pcsx2 and the plugin in every harddrive i have on my PC, all of the different scenarios display the same error. I'll do anything for this application to work ❤️

1 hour ago, Nikraddin said:

I tried moving and reinstalling launchbox, pcsx2 and the plugin in every harddrive i have on my PC, all of the different scenarios display the same error. I'll do anything for this application to work ❤️

As Alec said, you'll need to direct plugin support requests to him on Discord. Our Discord server can be accessed here: https://discordapp.com/invite/AFxfhnv

Go to the plugins channel and message @alec100_94#4327

8 hours ago, Scynide said:

What settings are best if I wish to improve game quality?

You'll have to be a bit more specific. I have instructions on how to improve performance, if that's what you mean, in the opening post.

For instance, the ingame text in CoN is always pixelated giving it a blurry look compared to the rest of the game. Can this be improved?

Are there any "go-to" settings that can be adjusted to make games look better for small performance hits for those of us that have higher end PCs?

On 3/8/2019 at 3:34 PM, Scynide said:

For instance, the ingame text in CoN is always pixelated giving it a blurry look compared to the rest of the game. Can this be improved?

There's only so much you can do about that. Text is just a sprite, so the impact of upscaling is generally minimal, because it's essentially a static image. It's like zooming in on a jpg - you can make it appear larger on your screen, but you're not actually improving the quality of that image.

The game is also interlaced, so that has an impact on sharpness.

As far as CoN, increasing from 3x to 4x upscaling doesn't improve it, and actually introduces additional visual artifacts - there are a number of lines that appear around some of the text and sprites.

3x:

3x.jpg

4x:

4x.jpg

On 3/8/2019 at 3:34 PM, Scynide said:

Are there any "go-to" settings that can be adjusted to make games look better for small performance hits for those of us that have higher end PCs?

Increasing the internal resolution and enabling MSAA with the D3D renderer are the two biggest improvements to visual fidelity, but neither of those are generally small in terms of the performance hit. You also run into diminishing returns with the internal resolution once you get above 4x, which accounts for almost all of the configs to begin with. Only 15 of the configs are at 3x, 4 of which are the Champions/Dark Alliance games because they're all very system intensive; everything else is 4x+