LaunchBox Community Forums

Zombeaver's PCSX2 Configs / Simple 1-Click Installs With PCSX2 Configurator

Zombeaver

I really cannot say much I've not already said to be honest. Try using the "Cleaner" DLL from the previous page, completely deleting the plugin, then trying it again. The error implies it not recognising the currently selected game, though shouldn't be coming up under normal use. I put this plugin out as alpha as I know it has some problems. I wouldn't directly recommend that anyone use the previous version, but if that worked perfectly fine and this version has some issues for some people, then there is technically nothing to stop it from working.

Edited by alec100_94

3 hours ago, alec100_94 said:

I really cannot say much I've not already said to be honest. Try using the "Cleaner" DLL from the previous page, completely deleting the plugin, then trying it again. The error implies it not recognising the currently selected game, though shouldn't be coming up under normal use. I put this plugin out as alpha as I know it has some problems. I wouldn't directly recommend that anyone use the previous version, but if that worked perfectly fine and this version has some issues for some people, then there is technically nothing to stop it from working.

Thanks! That seemed to have did the trick! Could you tell me where the configs are normally stored?

Edited by The_Keeper86
typo

1 hour ago, The_Keeper86 said:

Thanks! That seemed to have did the trick! Could you tell me where the configs are normally stored?

You can choose this in the settings menu for the plugin. Go to tools -> PCSX2 Configurator Settings. There's a browse button for where you want them saved.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2017 at 6:33 AM, Zombeaver said:

New configs:

Legaia 2: Duel Saga
Magna Carta: Tears of Blood
Romancing SaGa
Unlimited Saga

Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria

Valkyrie Profile 2 does have some issues - namely with bloom alignment in some areas and some areas (like the forest in the beginning) have a grid on top of the image (can be fixed by switching to software rendering). They're not too terrible but I would recommend switching to software (via F9) if the grid appears. Alternately you can just change the config to Open GL Software and you'll be set, as it doesn't seem to have any problems. The widescreen hack for the game apparently causes some bugs so I've disabled it in the config, but the game has native widescreen support and it prompts you to choose it as soon as you start the game - press square when you start to choose 16:9.

how can I see the configs? im trying to play legaia 2 and the videos are so buggy. :(

• 3 weeks later...

I had the plugin working ealier this year, came back to it last night and was unable to select the configuration after right clicking, it was  greyed out. So I looked around and got the cleaner.dll file, deleted the old version, put the cleaner file in the root of the plugins folder, restarted Launchbox then closed it out as I assume the cleaner file just autoruns. Then downloaded the new configurator, put it in the plugins folder, deleted the cleaner file and then started Launchbox. I right click on a game and select the configurator and nothing happens. Anyone else having this issue or am I doing something wrong?

4 minutes ago, TheMadMan007 said:

ah ok, isn't Next just regular LB now though? I am using the current beta, but there is no .Next.exe anymore for me, it's just LaunchBox.exe. But I'm assuming that is why I"m having an issue.

Click the menu button in LB Next and then click "Revert to OG Launchbox" and it'll switch over to the old version temporarily so you can do what you need to do.

The configs themselves will still work via Next once you've downloaded them but you won't be able to download/create new ones via Next until a new version of the plugin is released. I've asked alec about a Next compatible version, but haven't heard back yet.

1 minute ago, Zombeaver said:

Click the menu button in LB Next and then click "Revert to OG Launchbox" and it'll switch over to the old version.

The configs themselves will still work via Next once you've downloaded them but you won't be able to download/create new ones via Next until a new version of the plugin is released. I've asked alec about a Next compatible version, but haven't heard back yet.

Ok cool, thanks for the info. I tried to revert to the OG LaunchBox, but it doesn't have that option in the menu anymore. I remember seeing it sometime last week, but it isn't anywhere in the menus now. Oh well, hopefully Alec will whip up a new version that works with Next.

Just a FYI, the plugin is now completely broken on the latest beta. It will crash Launchbox as soon as it loads and throw a error, you will have to delete the plugin unfortunately. The official release is currently expected tomorrow (Monday 3rd September) so it will break for everyone at that point, so unfortunately anyone using it who updates to the new release will have to delete the plugin. I hear a new version is in the works for .Next (which will just be renamed to Launchbox and be the only interface when 8.6 releases.) so hopefully those that use the plugin wont have to wait to long.