LaunchBox Community Forums

9.8-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

10 hours ago, Suhrvivor said:

On BigBox 9.8 beta 5, The shutdown screen fails to appear and put you back to BigBox. When you close an emulator, you are stuck in a black screen. alt+tabbing or clicking on the startup window in the taskbar seems to fix it.

This happened mainly with Retroarch and MAME (Arcade64 flavor) and not all the times, sometimes you go back normally, other times this happens.

Same thing happens here too..(Visual Pinball, etc)..reverting back for now. (Reverted back to beta 2 and now works correctly so will wait to update again).

Edited by LaunchRoo

1 minute ago, wallmachine said:

I've edited the Default Shutdown.xaml and it is not displaying what I've edited in my new folder it seems to be referencing the Default folder.

Default.xaml is displaying edited content

You can not edit default themes, you will need to make a copy of it and edit that copy, same with all themes in Launchbox/Bigbox.

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

You can not edit default themes, you will need to make a copy of it and edit that copy, same with all themes in Launchbox/Bigbox.

Is this incorrect? I edited the following Default and it is working. I edited the Default Shutdown in the folder it doesn't display the edited content. I then edit the Default Shutdown in the Default folder and keep my Pandora selected in Bigbox and it referenced the Default Shutdown in the Default folder

image.thumb.png.97005e1ee199704dcd286b8451a83b52.png

Edited by wallmachine

9 minutes ago, wallmachine said:

Is this incorrect? I edited the following Default and it is working. I edited the Default Shutdown in the folder it doesn't display the edited content. I then edit the Default Shutdown in the Default folder and keep my Pandora selected in Bigbox and it referenced the Default Shutdown in the Default folder

image.thumb.png.97005e1ee199704dcd286b8451a83b52.png

You can edit the files named  "default" in any custom theme. So "Default.xaml" and "Default Shutdown.xaml" in your Pandora theme can be edited. 

You just cannot edit the ones in the theme named "Default". So the ones located in the Default theme folder cannot be edited as they will always revert back to ensure LB/BB has a working Default theme. 

41 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

30 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

You can edit the files named  "default" in any custom theme. So "Default.xaml" and "Default Shutdown.xaml" in your Pandora theme can be edited. 

You just cannot edit the ones in the theme named "Default". So the ones located in the Default theme folder cannot be edited as they will always revert back to ensure LB/BB has a working Default theme. 

@wallmachine Seeing the same thing you are. If LB and BB are not set to the same Startup theme it always references the Default Theme shutdown. The Startup image does change, it is just the shutdown. 

Edited: Removed the focus issue as it turns out I Nvidia Geforce Experience on. I thought it was odd as I never had it before. Geforce has caused numerous issues for me before. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

@wallmachine Seeing the same thing you are. If LB and BB are not set to the same Startup theme it always references the Default Theme shutdown. The Startup image does change, it is just the shutdown. 

Also oddly enough looks like I am experiencing the loss of focus when shutting down from Mame as a few other mentioned. Only affecting BigBox. 

same same,

Also if I set LB to Pandora or leave as Default the shutdown doesn't work at all. I did notice that the black window that covers the game in BB disappears when I start the game from LB but stays stuck when starting game from BB

Also I noticed for me that the BigBox menu lags and the 'sounds' are out of sync since the last update you can probably notice it slightly in the video.

Just a little thing when in BigBox menu the shutdown, restart etc options if we can have a prompt saying are you sure? the amount of times I've pressed shutdown :(

Edited by wallmachine

15 hours ago, PanteraZombie said:

In fact, I wouldn't even assign it as a hold button, I would assign it as the only primary button... with the option to hold for like 3 seconds to activate.

I'd have to disagree with you on that, I think it should support both options. My entire setup uses the guide button as a hold button:

Guide + Start = Exit game. (This will be changed to activate Pause once Pause is more functional.

Guide + LB = Switch display to primary

Guide + RB = Switch display to secondary

Guide + Left Stick button (L3) = Custom script that force closes every emulator (backup kill all for emulators).

Guide + Right Stick button (R3) = Custom script that force closes everything, including BigBox, then restarts BigBox (backup kill all and restore).

Guide + Y = Custom command for each emulator, Cemu for example toggles between the gamepad screen and TV, when using this shortcut. In PCSX2 it switches between hardware and software rendering.

Guide + X = Toggle full screen in emulators.

Guide + B = Turn off controller.

Guide + A = Test shortcut, for testing new commands.

Here's an example of my AHK script for Cemu (The other functions like display switching amd turning off the controller are handled by EventGhost):

; This section closes Emu when pressing Guide Button and Start

vk07sc000::

Joy4::

Joy8::

Joy9::

Joy10::

If GetKeyState("vk07sc000") && GetKeyState("Joy8")
{
	Run, L:\Launchbox\System\Scripts\Kill_Emu.exe
}

; This section toggles gamepad screen when pressing Guide & Triangle

If GetKeyState("vk07sc000") && GetKeyState("Joy4")
{
	Send {z down}{z up}
}

; This section closes Emu when pressing Guide Button and L3

If GetKeyState("vk07sc000") && GetKeyState("Joy9")
{
}

; This section closes All when pressing Guide Button and R3

If GetKeyState("vk07sc000") && GetKeyState("Joy10")
{
	Run, L:\Launchbox\System\Scripts\Kill_All.exe
}

Edited by Omen

Don't know if I am doing something wrong, but I tried using the pause menu. In controller automation in BigBox I set the pause menu firstly on the R3 of my Xbox controller and then on L3. Tried it on Cemu and PCSX2, but when I pressed it, I don't get a pause menu

• Like 1

Alright, this has been a huge headache, but beta 6 is out now and I'm hoping the pause screens are a lot more stable than beta 5. Thus far with this beta I have not seen any issues with MAME, Retroarch, or Dolphin in my testing. Other emulators are still up in the air, however, and I still haven't added any real features outside of just showing and closing the pause screen. Let me know how this beta fares compared to beta 5.

• Like 3

On 4/24/2019 at 10:18 AM, Omen said:

@Jason Carr Would it be possible to make controller automation compatible with the Xbox Guide button, so that the guide button could be used as the Hold button? The button guide button is vk07sc000 instead of joy1, joy2, ect.

This was something I tried to tackle ages ago, but MS made it far more difficult than it should be. I'll add it to my list to revisit.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

This was something I tried to tackle ages ago, but MS made it far more difficult than it should be. I'll add it to my list to revisit.

No biggie, it's still possible to use AHK as a workaround. :)

8 hours ago, Omen said:

I'd have to disagree with you on that, I think it should support both options. My entire setup uses the guide button as a hold button:

Guide + Start = Exit game. (This will be changed to activate Pause once Pause is more functional.

Guide + LB = Switch display to primary

Guide + RB = Switch display to secondary

Guide + Left Stick button (L3) = Custom script that force closes every emulator (backup kill all for emulators).

Guide + Right Stick button (R3) = Custom script that force closes everything, including BigBox, then restarts BigBox (backup kill all and restore).

Guide + Y = Custom command for each emulator, Cemu for example toggles between the gamepad screen and TV, when using this shortcut. In PCSX2 it switches between hardware and software rendering.

Guide + X = Toggle full screen in emulators.

Guide + B = Turn off controller.

Guide + A = Test shortcut, for testing new commands.

Here's an example of my AHK script for Cemu (The other functions like display switching amd turning off the controller are handled by EventGhost):

; This section closes Emu when pressing Guide Button and Start

vk07sc000::

Joy4::

Joy8::

Joy9::

Joy10::

If GetKeyState("vk07sc000") && GetKeyState("Joy8")
{
}

; This section toggles gamepad screen when pressing Guide & Triangle

If GetKeyState("vk07sc000") && GetKeyState("Joy4")
{
	Send {z down}{z up}
}

; This section closes Emu when pressing Guide Button and L3

If GetKeyState("vk07sc000") && GetKeyState("Joy9")
{
}

; This section closes All when pressing Guide Button and R3

If GetKeyState("vk07sc000") && GetKeyState("Joy10")
{
	Run, L:\Launchbox\System\Scripts\Kill_All.exe
}

That seems pretty logical for your configuration, having a more complex in-game command setup. I would assume I fall in the more average user setup and only really needing the exit game command... using hold select and press start for example. A single press on start to pause the current game and a single press on guide as the global pause for more features just seems perfect my setup and possibly most users. My post was assuming it would work the way you're wanting it to but hoping to have the option as a stand-alone keypress.

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Alright, this has been a huge headache, but beta 6 is out now and I'm hoping the pause screens are a lot more stable than beta 5. Thus far with this beta I have not seen any issues with MAME, Retroarch, or Dolphin in my testing. Other emulators are still up in the air, however, and I still haven't added any real features outside of just showing and closing the pause screen. Let me know how this beta fares compared to beta 5.

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Really appreciate your hard work on this feature, I've really been looking forward to it. Will these pause screens be themeable or have the ability to be modified as well, or will they be set as is per update? I'm really curious to see how these will work...

Tried to automatically install beta 6 from launching beta 5 and get this dialog: "Setup was not able to automatically close all applications..." I tried it a few times by aborting and restarting LB. Task manager did show LB running, so terminated it.  I was afraid to hit "ignore". I left the setup process running and then pressed "retry". Never had it not be able to terminate LB before.

Edited by FlightRisk