LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android 0.6 Beta Released!

Jason Carr

7 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

If you change the language, it is supposed to restart in that situation. How exactly did it crash?

without changing language it exits the app. it doesn't close the app entirely but it kicks me out to my home screen 

22 minutes ago, mdreffet said:

It looks like Retroarch did do some recent changes to the android version https://www.libretro.com/index.php/retroarch-1-7-8-important-changes-for-people-using-the-google-play-build/

This is interesting. Not sure exactly what all this changes, but I'll do some research and get it all fixed up.

20 minutes ago, wize7one said:

Will the Android version work with Big Box for Kodi?

I have not tested LaunchBox for Android with Kodi at this point.

1 minute ago, GonjaT said:

Installed on both my phone and shield. Launches fine on my phone, but opens to a whitescreen on my shield then kicks me back to my home screen on fresh install, no changes to language or anything. Just a fresh install. 

Is it a Shield TV or a handheld Shield?

Just now, GonjaT said:

Sorry sir, I should of been more specific. Shield TV. 

Okay, that's strange. I have a Shield TV that I've been using for testing, and haven't run into that. I should get crash reports here soon from the play store though; hopefully that will help to identify whatever the issue is.

7 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Okay, that's strange. I have a Shield TV that I've been using for testing, and haven't run into that. I should get crash reports here soon from the play store though; hopefully that will help to identify whatever the issue is.

I have uninstalled 10 times and reinstalled the same amount, however this time it launches, asked for storage access, clicked approve, but now it just stays on a white screen. 5 mins and counting. 

I have uninstalled 10 times and reinstalled the same amount, however this time it launches, asked for storage access, clicked approve, but now it just stays on a white screen. 5 mins and counting. 

Are you installing to SD card, is the integrity of the card good?

Glad to see this happening, android devices makes some good little emulation machines. Does anyone know if on an android tablet there is a way to have LB load when the tablet is powered on/comes out of sleep? I have an old tablet that I'd like to use exclusively for emulation.

Another thing I noticed that with the current exchange rate isn't a huge deal, but in the UK LB for android is £4.99 which is more than $5. Its currently around $6.15.

Edited by spectral

2 minutes ago, davemk said:

Having the same issue on my Shield (TV) White Screen, not advancing, going to leave for a while see if anything happens. 

Also try closing the app using the task switcher, and then restarting it. We may have an issue with the first run after approving permissions.

Installed on my Galaxy S8 running Android 9 and my 2nd gen Nvidia Shield tablet. Had the same issue with both. 1st startup got a white screen which finally led to an 'app has stopped responding' message on the devices. Both prompted to send feedback, which I did do.

Just now, spectral said:

Glad to see this happening, android devices makes some good little emulation machines. Does anyone know if on an android tablet there is a way to have LB load when the tablet is powered on/comes out of sleep? I have an old tablet that I'd like to use exclusively for emulation.

Another thing I noticed that with the current exchange rate isn't a huge deal, but in the UK LB for android is £4.99 which is more than $5. Its currently around £6.15.

I'm currently just trusting Google to do its best converting everything to $5 USD. I'm sure it won't be perfect, but there's unfortunately too much to worry about for me to handle all the exchange rates.

1 minute ago, dragon57 said:

Installed on my Galaxy S8 running Android 9 and my 2nd gen Nvidia Shield tablet. Had the same issue with both. 1st startup got a white screen which finally led to an 'app has stopped responding' message on the devices. Both prompted to send feedback, which I did do.

Thanks. I will get these issues fixed here very soon guys.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, GonjaT said:

Used on both an external hard drive,  I then installed app to internal and the issue is still there. 

Edited by GonjaT

Used on an external hard drive, installed app to internal and the issue is still there. 

I'm not sure an external hard drive will work at all at this point. What folder is it installed to on internal storage? What's the exact full path?

Just now, Jason Carr said:

I'm not sure an external hard drive will work at all at this point. What folder is it installed to on internal storage? What's the exact full path?

I will have to look. I plugged a external hard drive in months ago, clicked "format as internal" been using it that way since then with hyperspin.