LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android 0.6 Beta Released!

Jason Carr

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

I've submitted the 0.10 release; hopefully it will go live quickly like the last one did. This should hopefully fix the crash on startup issues after accepting permissions.

how to update to the .10 release? its only allowing me to do the .09, not sure if it automagically updates or not but still getting the white zombie screen of death on nvidia shield. I've forced stopped and reopened and same thing. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and still getting the .09 release, may not be live on the play store as of this posting not sure. Will check in the morning, great job BTW, big fan of LB and BB for my PC and since I heard it was coming to Android I'm like a little kid and christmas, this time couldn't come soon enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skidda420 said:

how to update to the .10 release? its only allowing me to do the .09, not sure if it automagically updates or not but still getting the white zombie screen of death on nvidia shield. I've forced stopped and reopened and same thing. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and still getting the .09 release, may not be live on the play store as of this posting not sure. Will check in the morning, great job BTW, big fan of LB and BB for my PC and since I heard it was coming to Android I'm like a little kid and christmas, this time couldn't come soon enough.

Jason and the rest of us are at the mercy of the Google Play store and how it works. Version 0.10 will roll out across the world at slightly different times. Just hang in there. It will show up soon.

• Like 2

V0.10 finally hit for me. I uninstalled the old beta and installed V0.10 fresh on my Shield tablet. After giving initial permissions to the app, I still get the white screen which finally  led to an 'app stopped' error message. I left Google Play feedback.

31 minutes ago, Pixel said:

All the game data from a playlist that I can choose. Ticking some images or videos (optional) etc.

So you choose all the games you want accross all the platforms and then create a playlist from that. Then it comes available in the Favorites tab or something. That would be cool.

When I export some of my systems to my USB device and then connect it to my shield TV the Launchbox app doesn't seem to read from the folder I:\Android\data\com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox (where "I" is my USB drive), instead it's reading from my internal drive Emulated\0\Android\data\com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox . Only option I have to get it working is top copy everythinbg from I:\Android\data\com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox to my internal drive and then it's working. Any solution?

Gr Ron

1 minute ago, krater9 said:

When I export some of my systems to my USB device and then connect it to my shield TV the Launchbox app doesn't seem to read from the folder I:\Android\data\com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox (where "I" is my USB drive), instead it's reading from my internal drive Emulated\0\Android\data\com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox . Only option I have to get it working is top copy everythinbg from I:\Android\data\com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox to my internal drive and then it's working. Any solution?

Gr Ron

The actual app and the export have to be on the same drive so that they are merged together. If you want it on a usb stick then you need both the app and the exported contents there.

Well then the app is a no go for the Shield TV as the app can never be on a external device it always has to be on the internal root drive or on a external set to internal but you can't put that drive on windows as windows is not reading the formatted shield drive, shame.

Gr Ron 

5 minutes ago, krater9 said:

Well then the app is a no go for the Shield TV as the app can never be on a external device it always has to be on the internal root drive or on a external set to internal but you can't put that drive on windows as windows is not reading the formatted shield drive, shame.

Gr Ron 

Jason has a Shield TV himself and has been testing the app there all through development so it does work. The easiest way will probably be to just transfer the export over the network. Most file explorer apps also have a ftp server built in to just transfer over the network from your Windows PC. Or you can copy the export to another USB drive and then use that to copy to the shield.

Ok I solved it , thing you need to do as a Shield TV user is delete the folder on your internal drive : /Android/data/com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox (this is where the app is installed from google play store) and then it's reading from the external USB drive where LB windows exported things to.

Sorry for the trouble but it's all working now.

Gr Ron

2 minutes ago, krater9 said:

oh it works not saying it doesn't but you have to copy everything to your internal, and since the standard shield is only 16gb that's a no go. 

Hope I reading something wrong.

Gr Ron

No you dont, the export simply has to be in the same location as the app, so if you install the app to a larger USB drive instead of the local internal storage then you copy the export to that larger drive also. If you are installing the app to the internal 16GB drive then thats where the export has to go also, but if you download and install the app to another larger drive that you formatted the shield to work as internal storage then that is where the export has to go also. The export folder structure is structured in such a way that it merges with the apps folder structure.

Ok solved it but please tell people who are doing export to a usb device and connect that to the shield to delete the folder /Android/data/com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox on the internal ( this is where play store installs the Launchbox app, you can choose) else it keeps reading from this location and not from the folder /Android/data/com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox on your USB.

Gr Ron

10 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Thanks for bearing with me guys, those of you who are experiencing crashes. I just submitted another new version to the Play Store, but if history repeats itself it'll be another 8 hours before it actually goes live (version 0.9).

I was able to reproduce one of the two crashes that I'm seeing coming through, and I believe I've got that one fixed. The other one unfortunately may still be there, but I'm hoping that it was related to the first. Time will tell. :)

Again, thanks for your patience guys and let me know whether it's fixed for you once 0.9 finally goes live.

Go to sleep man! You have done more than enough for one day ??

• Like 1

There is still a crash coming through with 0.10 that I haven't figured out, but we're down to only one left at least. I'll be diving into that one later today.

I do need to clarify some things with the above though: no, the app and the data do not have to be on the same data storage. You can, in my testing, install the app onto your internal storage and export the data to your SD card; that should work. However, the folder path always has to be /Android/data/com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox/files/LaunchBox, regardless of whether it's on the SD card or internal storage.

Also, @krater9 is correct in saying that it can only be in one location at a time. The default location is in your device's internal storage, so if you have already used the app and you want to export to your SD card, you'll need to delete the LaunchBox folder in your internal storage. After seeing the difficulty with that, I'll probably make that easier here going forward.

14 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

I do need to clarify some things with the above though: no, the app and the data do not have to be on the same data storage. You can, in my testing, install the app onto your internal storage and export the data to your SD card; that should work. However, the folder path always has to be /Android/data/com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox/files/LaunchBox, regardless of whether it's on the SD card or internal storage.

Ah thats good to now, so its the fact that the app is on both storage devices that is causing the confusion. Gotcha.