Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

LaunchBox for Android 0.6 Beta Released!

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

No, but you will need to update to the latest beta, so you will lose premium features if you update. But the Export to Android process is available in the free version of the desktop app.

I don't have the "export to Android" feature(free version) 😐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic! Purchased.

Really looking forward to the success of this part of the 'Unbroken' family.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Thank you guys. It is indeed finally live. :)

Purchased and already looking forward to updates😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot find it on my GPD XD playstore while it shows on my mobile. Anyone might know why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Did i spell it wrong?

Galaxy S9 Aussie Play Store

Screenshot_20190824-193825_Google Play Store.jpg

Edited by STAINLESS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, drphobus said:

same here  s9+   UK playstore

i get the same list as above

Same here from UK not on the store if you search but if you go into this thread on the device and click the link in the original post it will work

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jason Carr Should we report any bugs or issues here? It's probably expected, but I've already found a few of them😁 When I copy the exported contents to my SD card, LaunchBox doesn't seem to recognize them. Also, it doesn't recognize the 64 bit version of retroarch, and when I tried to launch a game with 2600.emu the app crashes. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S8+

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same issue for me. Copied over and not found when stating Launchbox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bundangdon said:

@Jason Carr Should we report any bugs or issues here? It's probably expected, but I've already found a few of them😁 When I copy the exported contents to my SD card, LaunchBox doesn't seem to recognize them. Also, it doesn't recognize the 64 bit version of retroarch, and when I tried to launch a game with 2600.emu the app crashes. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S8+

 

1 minute ago, burnden said:

Same issue for me. Copied over and not found when stating Launchbox.

Are you both installing the app to a SD card? I have a feeling that by default the export will be put on internal storage, but @Jason Carr would have to confirm. So you might want to see if manually moving the exported folder to the same location on the SD card works. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks neil9000. Have tried on internal and SD and copying from Launchbox PC and also moving the file across manually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Napalm2016 said:

Same here from UK not on the store if you search but if you go into this thread on the device and click the link in the original post it will work

Good thinking.

That worked thanks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

 

Are you both installing the app to a SD card? I have a feeling that by default the export will be put on internal storage, but @Jason Carr would have to confirm. So you might want to see if manually moving the exported folder to the same location on the SD card works. 

Neil, thanks for the quick response. That worked but unfortunately the emulator and LaunchBox just crash when I select any game, either with nes.emu or 2600.emu. I haven't been able to try out retroarch yet because the 64 bit version isn't listed here.

Update: Just did another test and the 32 bit version of Retroarch seems to be working fine within LaunchBox on Android

Edited by bundangdon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When will the Android export version be available in the free desktop application.

My version is 9.10, but no Android export option there.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Soxbrother said:

When will the Android export version be available in the free desktop application.

My version is 9.10, but no Android export option there.

Thanks.

You need the latest beta for 10.0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its available now but only if you are running the beta version of LB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

You need the latest beta for 10.0.

I have that option checked inside the update menu, but it didn't install any new version.

Probably have to download the beta version from somewhere else ?

Edited by Soxbrother

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, bundangdon said:

Neil, thanks for the quick response. That worked but unfortunately the emulator and LaunchBox just crash when I select any game, either with nes.emu or 2600.emu. I haven't been able to try out retroarch yet because the 64 bit version isn't listed here.

Update: Just did another test and the 32 bit version of Retroarch seems to be working fine within LaunchBox on Android

Well im glad its working now. Obviously this is beta for a reason :) so i guess there are some kinks to work out still. The thing with sotware is you can do all the testing in the world, but once you release to the masses issues crop up that were never there when testing by a individual.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...