LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android 0.6 Beta Released!

Jason Carr

10 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

No, but you will need to update to the latest beta, so you will lose premium features if you update. But the Export to Android process is available in the free version of the desktop app.

I don't have the "export to Android" feature(free version) ?

@Jason Carr Should we report any bugs or issues here? It's probably expected, but I've already found a few of them? When I copy the exported contents to my SD card, LaunchBox doesn't seem to recognize them. Also, it doesn't recognize the 64 bit version of retroarch, and when I tried to launch a game with 2600.emu the app crashes. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S8+

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bundangdon said:

@Jason Carr Should we report any bugs or issues here? It's probably expected, but I've already found a few of them? When I copy the exported contents to my SD card, LaunchBox doesn't seem to recognize them. Also, it doesn't recognize the 64 bit version of retroarch, and when I tried to launch a game with 2600.emu the app crashes. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S8+

1 minute ago, burnden said:

Same issue for me. Copied over and not found when stating Launchbox.

Are you both installing the app to a SD card? I have a feeling that by default the export will be put on internal storage, but @Jason Carr would have to confirm. So you might want to see if manually moving the exported folder to the same location on the SD card works. 

55 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Are you both installing the app to a SD card? I have a feeling that by default the export will be put on internal storage, but @Jason Carr would have to confirm. So you might want to see if manually moving the exported folder to the same location on the SD card works. 

Neil, thanks for the quick response. That worked but unfortunately the emulator and LaunchBox just crash when I select any game, either with nes.emu or 2600.emu. I haven't been able to try out retroarch yet because the 64 bit version isn't listed here.

Update: Just did another test and the 32 bit version of Retroarch seems to be working fine within LaunchBox on Android

Edited by bundangdon

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

You need the latest beta for 10.0.

I have that option checked inside the update menu, but it didn't install any new version.

Probably have to download the beta version from somewhere else ?

Edited by Soxbrother

24 minutes ago, bundangdon said:

Neil, thanks for the quick response. That worked but unfortunately the emulator and LaunchBox just crash when I select any game, either with nes.emu or 2600.emu. I haven't been able to try out retroarch yet because the 64 bit version isn't listed here.

Update: Just did another test and the 32 bit version of Retroarch seems to be working fine within LaunchBox on Android

Well im glad its working now. Obviously this is beta for a reason :) so i guess there are some kinks to work out still. The thing with sotware is you can do all the testing in the world, but once you release to the masses issues crop up that were never there when testing by a individual.

• Thanks 1