LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android 0.6 Beta Released!

Jason Carr

11 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Ah thats good to now, so its the fact that the app is on both storage devices that is causing the confusion. Gotcha.

Actually, no; it's the fact that the *data* is on both storage devices. The app itself's files aren't really accessible.

Just now, TRS1977 said:

Version .10 still crashing, Nvidia shield. 

Can you try deleting the /Android/data/com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox folder from your internal storage and/or SD card? This seems to be happening only to a handful of users and all I can figure at this point is that maybe it's a file permissions error.

I'll be putting out a new version soon that has better error reporting to track it down.

Just now, Jason Carr said:

Can you try deleting the /Android/data/com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox folder from your internal storage and/or SD card? This seems to be happening only to a handful of users and all I can figure at this point is that maybe it's a file permissions error.

I'll be putting out a new version soon that has better error reporting to track it down.

OK. I did notice that it requires root permission . Can this be a factor? 

So I purchased and installed, but aparently the platforms section shows blank, options only gives language settings, then the about section with the link to the main site. Is this a common problem? Btw I have roms, emulators and retroarch with cores installed on my device as well.

OK gave this a go only done atari 600 and dreamcast  so far a600 was fine the problem with dreamcast  was it only copied the first track but when i copied the rest manually it worked fine.

question please say i added a game say for snes  then later on added one more would the xmls merge?

by the way gpd xd+

3 minutes ago, D_argo1 said:

So I purchased and installed, but aparently the platforms section shows blank, options only gives language settings, then the about section with the link to the main site. Is this a common problem? Btw I have roms, emulators and retroarch with cores installed on my device as well.

You need to export them from pc launchbox 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

I've submitted the 0.10 release; hopefully it will go live quickly like the last one did. This should hopefully fix the crash on startup issues after accepting permissions.

Update 0.10 has fixed the white screen crash for me on shield tv. I can now see my snes and nes games (did a small export for testing) will add more systems and keep testing. Ty so much for the fix! 

Edited by GonjaT
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, GonjaT said:

Update 0.10 has fixed the white screen crash for me. I can now see my snes and nes games (did a small export for testing) will add more systems and keep testing. Ty so much for the fix! 

Still having issues with Nvidia shield and white screen, have deleted the /android/data/com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox folder from the internal storage but still a no go. Uninstalled and reinstalled, S9 is still reading with no issues however.

37 minutes ago, orac31 said:

OK gave this a go only done atari 600 and dreamcast  so far a600 was fine the problem with dreamcast  was it only copied the first track but when i copied the rest manually it worked fine.

question please say i added a game say for snes  then later on added one more would the xmls merge?

by the way gpd xd+

How did you install it on GPD XD? I cannot event find it on Google Store, I also tried through the link on the top of the forum and it says that the devise is incompatible...

2 minutes ago, Akis said:

How did you install it on GPD XD? I cannot event find it on Google Store, I also tried through the link on the top of the forum and it says that the devise is incompatible...

The only way i did it was load this page on the phone click on the link at the bottom of the first post that allowed be to opt in and buy app on the phone.then it showed up as a app in my gpd xd that i had purchased so i could install it. 

24 minutes ago, orac31 said:

The only way i did it was load this page on the phone click on the link at the bottom of the first post that allowed be to opt in and buy app on the phone.then it showed up as a app in my gpd xd that i had purchased so i could install it. 

and i have a xd plus it has a higher ver of android

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, orac31 said:

Did the same as you did, bought it on my phone, also found it on my purchaced apps on GPD but i get this when I try to install it...69140931_2389668467974769_8099968403659292672_n.thumb.jpg.39d51d48f7b22439bd501f10ff7291e9.jpg

1 hour ago, Skidda420 said:

Still having issues with Nvidia shield and white screen, have deleted the /android/data/com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox folder from the internal storage but still a no go. Uninstalled and reinstalled, S9 is still reading with no issues however.

Did you export games to an android folder from launchbox pc and copy it to the shield? Not sure if you need the games or not but I have my exported folder transferred and it works fine after 0.10 update. 

• Like 1